A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anchasta Hello from the swamps of Virginia~ - September 11th, 2006 at 02:17 AM
Greetings, I am Amber, and I am a novice gardener. I don't know much technically yet...but I have killed enough poor innocent plants to know what NOT to do!

Right now, I have indoors:
1. A struggling weeping fig (it's getting better!)
2. Two healthy and lovely African Violets
3. A peace lily from my father's funeral (2003)
4. One Boston fern, recently split in two.
5. Aloe Vera
6. Dead ivy. I can't make ivy grow, lol!

Outdoors:
1. Stargazer bulbs from my dad's funeral
2. A big bushy Carolina jasmine
3. Sage
4. Pennyroyal
5. Mint seeds under dirt, soon to be plants
6. Catnip seeds under dirt, soon to be kitty crack
7. Ornamental pepper plant (YUM)
8. Munstead lavender
9. Marigolds rescued from my job (they're rough)

There are distressed roses here, they lived here when we moved in in June. I am waiting for cool weather to prune her back good and low, although I already chopped the dead bits away.

This is a wonderful site, I am so glad I found it today!
Posted By: badplanter Re: Hello from the swamps of Virginia~ - September 11th, 2006 at 06:44 AM
Hello, and welcome to the forum! wavey

All your plants will come back to life with the help of the other members!!!

Good luck!!! thumbup
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Hello from the swamps of Virginia~ - September 11th, 2006 at 02:23 PM
[Linked Image]

Hi Amber! wavey Welcome to the forum! smile It's so nice to meet you and I hope I'll be seeing you around on some of the other forums! wink I love the Stargazer Lilies and they smell so heavenly!

Have a beautiful day! flw flw flw
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Hello from the swamps of Virginia~ - September 11th, 2006 at 04:27 PM
Hello wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
flw flw flw
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Hello from the swamps of Virginia~ - September 11th, 2006 at 07:20 PM
Hi There .

Welcome to the Forum,

Nice to meet you!
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Hello from the swamps of Virginia~ - September 11th, 2006 at 08:31 PM
hello, & welcome to the best forum around! Hope you find all your answers!
Posted By: chenno Re: Hello from the swamps of Virginia~ - September 11th, 2006 at 11:13 PM
wavey grinnnn Welcome to you:-)
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]