A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: hisgal2 Cork Collections.... - October 23rd, 2006 at 11:08 AM
Someone up in Member Interactions suggested we should start a topic for this.....so here it is!
What do your collections look like???
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Cork Collections.... - October 23rd, 2006 at 11:59 AM
OK...I know which box my collection is in!

Tomorrow (well, later today since it's almost 1am now) I'll get a picture of them!

thumbup
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Cork Collections.... - October 23rd, 2006 at 10:28 PM
You don't put them out for all to see??
When my mom (who does not agree with drinking at all) saw all of the corks, she nearly had a heart attack. I just told her most of them came from using cooking wine laugh Seemed like the right thing to do at the time! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Cork Collections.... - October 23rd, 2006 at 10:37 PM
You don't put them out for all to see??
I always kept them out...in a huge glass jar.
Well, several huge glass jars. shocked
But, last time I packed to move I just left them packed up...less to pack next time.

They are all from Moet and Chandon champagne.
...I used to have quite a liking for that stuff! lala
Posted By: Tonya Re: Cork Collections.... - October 23rd, 2006 at 11:14 PM
Sooooo, the pics?? grinnnn
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Cork Collections.... - October 24th, 2006 at 01:21 AM
Here are mine. They are on the window sill and on top of the window frame.
[Linked Image]

I'm sure my collection isn't nearly as large an everyone elses....but I've only been working on it for 6 months! smile
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Cork Collections.... - October 24th, 2006 at 01:43 AM
72 corks in 6 months!
12 a month
uhh
3 a week....
ok, nope thats not a lot lala
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Cork Collections.... - October 24th, 2006 at 01:49 AM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Cork Collections.... - October 24th, 2006 at 03:31 AM
there's 2 of us......and....and....uh....1 bottle is only 4 glasses...IF you use a wine glass. I use a wine glass...or an ice tea glass.....fewer trips to the refrigerator! laugh

you actually sat there and counted all of those!??? There are a couple in a small glass box that i keep. They are special corks from when Stephen and I were dating. They don't count though....I was underage then. laugh
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Cork Collections.... - October 24th, 2006 at 03:32 AM
should I make this even worse by mentioning that I was pregnant for part of that and didn't drink then.... laugh

...I'll just get the shovel out and start digging my hole.
Posted By: Tonya Re: Cork Collections.... - October 25th, 2006 at 07:28 PM
Originally posted by hisgal2:

...I'll just get the shovel out and start digging my hole.
The very reason I don't save my tequilla bottles! laugh laugh laugh lala
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Cork Collections.... - October 25th, 2006 at 09:25 PM
laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: chenno Re: Cork Collections.... - October 27th, 2006 at 09:46 PM
I think I could build a home out of beer cans if I saved them, as well as the windows made from wine bottles... laugh
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Cork Collections.... - October 27th, 2006 at 09:51 PM
laugh laugh laugh

We don't usually have beer around the house...unless we're having a party or something. I buy wine that I like to drink...and then STephen usually gets his wine from his father. It just so happens that his father MAKES wine.....easier on the wallet! laugh laugh
Posted By: chenno Re: Cork Collections.... - October 27th, 2006 at 10:14 PM
Jenn...That is a bonus that he makes the wine:-) I love merlot..
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Cork Collections.... - October 27th, 2006 at 10:57 PM
Originally posted by hisgal2:

you actually sat there and counted all of those!???
Yeah, how nutz am I? just call me queen neurotic.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Cork Collections.... - October 27th, 2006 at 10:59 PM
Originally posted by chenno:
I think I could build a home out of beer cans if I saved them, as well as the windows made from wine bottles... laugh
Have you seen that house on tv? Its all covered in beer cans, 'curtains' made out of the pop tops. Its cool.
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Cork Collections.... - October 27th, 2006 at 11:02 PM
beer can house link

thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Cork Collections.... - October 28th, 2006 at 02:32 AM
I have seen that house on a tv show.....thats alot of dedication thumbup thumbup
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Cork Collections.... - October 28th, 2006 at 04:04 AM
well, that certainly is interesting.
We have a friend who has the largest collection of cigarettes in the country. Every box is unopened and different. Like, he has collections of the different brands, but not a single box....or carton...or whatever is like another. So, like in one year say Marlboro came out with a red box, a yellow box, a green one and a blue one....he has all 4 colors in whatever design it was at the time. He has an entire room with the walls covered in them. That room is the bar and on the top of the bar are all of the match books from the bars that he and his wife have been to. The covers are torn off of the books and then were arranged on the bar top and laqoured over them...its really neat.
Posted By: chenno Re: Cork Collections.... - October 28th, 2006 at 04:20 AM
That sounds cool Jenn!

Wrennie that house is wild!!! maybe I should start to save them..ha!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Cork Collections.... - October 28th, 2006 at 08:34 AM
Wow that house is something....I knew there was a good way to us those cans and recycle thumbup
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Cork Collections.... - October 30th, 2006 at 01:46 AM
We are out of town this weekend, but I found a little time to pop in. Stephen's dad bottles alot in gallon sized jugs. I don't drink his wine often....anyways...."everyone" was at the house this weekend....Stephen and me, his brother and his fiance, her parents.....I'm currently sitting at the kitchen counter looking at 2 empty gallon sized wine bottles. ....I didn't drink, I watched our neice and then went to bed. laugh
Posted By: Barb H. Re: Cork Collections.... - October 30th, 2006 at 07:03 AM
LOL....

I can make a house o'beer cans.....wino, window panes.....champagne doorways......

LOL..I just decided to collect wine corks.....and pretend not to be upset when I hear shocked intakes of breath when visitors see our lovely collection!!!

Barb...who loves Chandon & Moet, but has a budweiser budget!!!!
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Cork Collections.... - October 31st, 2006 at 12:53 AM
laugh laugh laugh I should have taken pictures of my FIL's wine celler! laugh
Posted By: Shirley4 Re: Cork Collections.... - November 26th, 2006 at 04:13 AM
I'm glad to know that you all hit the bottle laugh laugh laugh I'm learning all kinds of things about you guys (us, ladies).
Chenno, Merlot is my favorite wine, but I was always a beer drinker. Did I say 'always'! frown :rolleyes:
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]