A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: oldgaredneck Handmade woven baskets - November 22nd, 2006 at 06:39 PM
Earlier this year, I finally taught myself to make woven baskets. My Dad and GrandDad made baskets, Dad always tried to teach me, but I was a teenager way back then with no interest . Now that I'm in my 50's, Dad's been gone for years and I wish I had paid more attention . This is a pic of my latest basket - I was feeling "Christmasy"
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tonya Re: Handmade woven baskets - November 22nd, 2006 at 08:11 PM
Nice!! I love baskets and christmasy things, so...that rocks! Got any more pics??
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Handmade woven baskets - November 23rd, 2006 at 04:03 AM
cool! thumbup
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Handmade woven baskets - November 23rd, 2006 at 05:39 AM
Wonderful basket! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Handmade woven baskets - November 23rd, 2006 at 05:42 AM
That is beautiful! Great work there!
Posted By: jayhawk Re: Handmade woven baskets - December 10th, 2006 at 11:10 PM
That basket looks great!! I make baskets also.

What did you make it out of? It looks like you used some ribbon.
Do you have pictures of more baskets?
Posted By: chenno Re: Handmade woven baskets - December 10th, 2006 at 11:25 PM
Cool!Would like to see more too:-)
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Handmade woven baskets - December 11th, 2006 at 12:32 AM
Wow!!! Thats awesome!!! I like how you incorporated the ribbon!! Verrrrry Nice!!! thumbup thumbup thumbup clp
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Handmade woven baskets - December 12th, 2006 at 11:26 PM
Great job thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Handmade woven baskets - December 13th, 2006 at 05:45 AM
Very nice basket you made! Very christmasy indeed. What do you think you'll put in it? wavey
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Handmade woven baskets - December 15th, 2006 at 06:48 AM
I love baskets..
and I enjoyed making them...
*I used to go to basket weaving parties
at my sister's, and that was a very long time
ago for me too...*

Love those colors..
Do you have more baskets you've done???
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]