A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: angelblossom Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 11:52 AM
Today I met one of the nicest , sweetest,well mannered huggable young man ! Matthew.., Jiffy's son.
OMG I could just adopt him this very minute!! grinnnn
I got a call From Jimmy at work letting me know he had Matthew with him. Oh Man did I bust my behind getting out of work!! 2 hours later Jimmy and Matthew are at my house..

Matthew met me with a hug & I gave him two hugs one for him and one for Jiffy !
He made his self right at home, typical of guys his age he spied the lemon pound cake on the counter,, I pulled out some glazed strawberries, and told him to get as much as he wanted
[Linked Image] with that he got a big glass of rasberry lemonade.

AHHHH then he spotted the wines [Linked Image]

then Jiffy calls and we're talking via speaker phone It sure was good to hear your voice Jiffy!!! [Linked Image]
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 12:00 PM
we chatted and goofed around for a while,, Matthew decided he was going to be the "Thinker"
[Linked Image]

and I was thinking I'd better get dinner started and Matthew jumps right in to help!
[Linked Image] I was going to make burritos tonight anyway even tho they had already eaten at a mexican resturant earlier today.. [Linked Image]

Time got away from us sooo quickly It was time for them to go I loaded Matthew up with 2 BIG BOY burritos, 4 slices of cake and a few little surprises for Jiffy, IF it makes it to you! LOL
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 12:01 PM
Diane! Thank you so much for those pictures!
Matthew sure has changed a lot since I met him last summer.
I almost had him talked into moving to Kentucky!

nicest , sweetest,well mannered huggable young man
Yep! You can tell he has a good mama! thumbup
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 12:02 PM
Soo We loaded him up and I mean he loaded up!!
[Linked Image]

We got our "see Ya later hugs"
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 12:06 PM
kissies

kissies
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 12:07 PM
Jiffy I tried my best to find a way to get this pitcher plant on the Bus with Matthew,, But it looks like Jimmy will take care of it for you,,Oh and he so sooo loving that!!

[Linked Image]

Well He off to you Mom and believe me when I say He is welcome here any time!! And Next time You have to come with!!!!
[Linked Image]

He is simply Delightful, witty, funny, and huggable,, You did good MOM!!

HOWEVER I could tell he'd been with Jimmy for 24 hours they both started picking on me,,

Tee hee and I was loving that too!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 12:09 PM
kissies all i can do...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 12:26 PM
Awww! kissies

What a fine looking group you all make!
Posted By: ShirlS Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 12:56 PM
Awwwwwwwww What wonderful pictures!!

Angel I felt your appriciation for Jiffy's son when I read your words. How wonderful he came to see you and Jimmy. I love the pictures!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 01:45 PM
Originally posted by ShirlS:

Angel I felt your appriciation for Jiffy's son when I read your words.
Yep he just oooozzes of goodness thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 02:59 PM
This looks like a good place to post the picture that Jimmy sent me today...of Matthew and Luci.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 03:05 PM
laugh Matthew was talking about Luci tonight and how big she was he said her tail wrapped around his back and down his leg WOW!
Posted By: Triss Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 03:50 PM
Oh my goodness, I have tears of joy at these pics. I am so glad that Matthew got to meet both of you and had such a good time with you. Praying he makes it home safe and sound. Please let us know Jiffy.
Posted By: Jimmy V Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 04:45 PM
Ok Here is what photo's I took today minus one Diane ask i don't post. I see nothing wrong with it but will always honor a request.
First off I took Mathew to meet Mine and Billies dearest friends in the world. Lloyd on left Mathew on middle Me on right.Lloyd and I are as close as any brothers.
[Linked Image]
Sharon has a stiff leg rode 22 hour's on bus to come see Billie in Hospital week before she passed away went back to Phoenix had a bypass as soon as she got back they were like sister's
Sharon and her dogs Precious and Pepe
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jimmy V Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 04:53 PM
Took Mathew by my playground Lonestar Park of course the ponies are not running now. Took him to Dealey Plaza and the Texas School book Depository could not find anywhere to park within walking distance.
Looks like Mathew has Diane in head lock here. laugh
[Linked Image]
Hugs all around.
[Linked Image]
Laying his head on Daine's shoulder
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jimmy V Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 05:03 PM
BOARD!!!! Mathew going out to bus headed to Atlanta and Savanah [Linked Image] Come again Mathew enjoyed having you you are welcome here anytime. Jiffy wish you and Scott could have been here also we would have thrown a party at Diane's. Got several calls from Miss Kate asking me questions and giving me info. Next time dear give me the right name laugh . From what I can tell this is one supper family.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 11:17 PM
This topic and all the pictures makes me so happy!

It's so neat that our Garden Helper Family is so close when we need them. Looks like no matter how far we are away from home, we will have family close by.

Thank you, Diane and Jimmy kissies kissies
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 4th, 2006 at 11:51 PM
thumbup thats so wonderful to see!
Posted By: G~mom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 5th, 2006 at 12:42 AM
Great pics,Ya'll clp Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

Hey,Jiffy.....Kareena says'He's cute!" laugh
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 5th, 2006 at 01:16 AM
What great Pictures!!! Thanks Diane for sharing with us!! thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 5th, 2006 at 01:33 AM
quote'
Hey,Jiffy.....Kareena says'He's cute!"

He is a very handsome young man thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 5th, 2006 at 04:21 AM
Originally posted by G~mom:
Great pics,Ya'll clp Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

Hey,Jiffy.....Kareena says'He's cute!" laugh
tell kareena, he'll be available soon, cheap!
Posted By: Triss Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 5th, 2006 at 04:30 AM
laugh laugh laugh

When is he due home?
Posted By: Jimmy V Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 5th, 2006 at 04:50 AM
His only major lay over for a little over an hour is in Atlanta. Other then that just fuel stops and to change drivers. I was going to get him on the bus here at 8:30 until they told me he would have over an hour layover in Dallas. frown 15 miles shk nutz no way so we went to Whataburger his choice since they don't have them in Ga. earlier in the day we went to a Chipotle resturant and we each got a chicken n beef Fajita Burrito beleive me when I say one is all you can eat. I can eat two doublemeat double cheeze burgers with fries and all the trimmings I can only eat one of these the cost sure cheap compared to the quality of food you get. Like I said we each barely got them down. Then Diane called and said dinner was on could not eat as yet. But did eat her burritos she fixed later umm umm good. Anyway to make a short story long we just goofed off til bus time then drove downtown Dallas which he had not seen at night (guess I take things for granted) he seemed to enjoy the lights. Waited with him then put him on that ol Greydog east bound. to answer you question Triss sometime late tonight. Told you I was making a short story long. Just could not see him spending an hour laid over in Dallas 15 miles from where he got on the bus . Makes no sense to me.
Posted By: Triss Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 5th, 2006 at 05:01 AM
Thanks Jimmy, plus that was one more hour you got to spend with him!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 5th, 2006 at 05:30 AM
Sounds like you men did a lot of good eating! thumbup I'm glad you both got to spend some time together. smile
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 5th, 2006 at 08:16 AM
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:

It's so neat that our Garden Helper Family is so close when we need them. Looks like no matter how far we are away from home, we will have family close by.

What you said Cindy reminded me of a Quote from Danica Whitfield...

"The BEST part of life is when your family becomes your friends and your Friends become your family!"
Posted By: G~mom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 5th, 2006 at 11:32 PM
tell kareena, he'll be available soon, cheap!

laugh laugh thumbup laugh laugh

Will Do!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 6th, 2006 at 05:18 AM
Jiffy did he make it home safe and sound ?
Boy that was a looooong ride, it had to be tiring.!!!
Posted By: Merme Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 6th, 2006 at 06:08 AM
Jiffy ~ I do not know what it is about your young man, but he has always had a special place in my heart ever since you first told me a little something or two about him. Although I have never met him in person or even spoken with him on the phone, I do tend to pray for him on a regular basis... moreso, perhaps, than anyone else I know without having met already.

There is something very special about this fellow, Jiffy.

Merme
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 6th, 2006 at 12:06 PM
well, our handsome young man got in at 12:30, was hungry and thirsty so we went to denny's :p

ellie, tim, scott, kate, and joe met the bus with me. so we all had snacks while he wolfed down a large chicken sandwich and fries.

he has his days and nights mixed up, that is a small problem, but we will fix that. he and scott changed the oil on my bike, and now he's cooking dinner right now. chicken & broccoli alfredo.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 6th, 2006 at 12:37 PM
clp clp clp Glad to hear He's home!!! and all is good!!

BTW did he give you what he was suppose too?? I told him to take it out and asked Jimmy if he did But they forgot to take it out I just want to make sure seeings how it made the trip that you got it! lala
Posted By: Triss Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 6th, 2006 at 01:11 PM
So happy that he is home Jiffy! What good news!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 6th, 2006 at 01:34 PM
if you are talking about the item we were discussing his age about, no, he hasn't given me anything thumbup (it was after 6 this am before he went to sleep, and so guess who else didn't sleep well? zzzzz )
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 6th, 2006 at 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Jiffymouse:
if you are talking about the item we were discussing his age about, no, he hasn't given me anything shk
OH OHHHH Then ALLL Of them are yours!!! lala wink laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 7th, 2006 at 12:56 AM
uh, i'll give you a call and let YOU tell him that! laugh laugh

he's on his way to church with his sister. she set up the "date" with him this morning and then called to "warn" him she was on her way. i went and woke him up, but he didn't want to move, so when she got here, we went together, then she & i sat outside discussing our day while he got ready.

we are all planning different daylight things to help him with his day/night mix up. and i am not tolerating all night stay ups. lights ARE out by 11 or whenever i decree time has come. day 2 is going ok.... <crossed fingers>
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 7th, 2006 at 02:26 AM
ohhhhhhhhh Jiffy - I soooooooo know what you are talking about with a son and day/night mix-ups. It was so very difficult when Brian was here and not working. He would go to bed just after Don left for work at 5a.m. - didn't work well for any of us!

I hope this all works out well for all of you.
It sounds like you are all working together, to get Matthew back on the right path. kissies
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 7th, 2006 at 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Jiffymouse:
uh, i'll give you a call and let YOU tell him that! laugh

AHHHH My phone is still silent!! I'll tell him those are yours and Scotts!! [Linked Image] the Biggest one is 'specially yours thumbup laugh

lights ARE out by 11 or whenever i decree time has come. day 2 is going ok.... <crossed fingers>
I heard that!! same here when the kids are here! Tell Him I said Hello and don't make me call and tell him to hand them Over gab lala
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 7th, 2006 at 11:02 AM
glad you got them in your possession now thumbup grinnnn laugh laugh
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 7th, 2006 at 11:05 AM
Jiffy I'm soo glad it's all in your possession now!! thumbup
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 7th, 2006 at 12:16 PM
ok - inquiring minds NEED to know...

what is IT??? Duh Duh Duh
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 8th, 2006 at 11:48 AM
muggs lala
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 9th, 2006 at 02:24 AM
Originally posted by plants 'n pots:
ok - inquiring minds NEED to know...

what is IT??? Duh Duh Duh
ahhhh lynne... just a little "spirit lifter" that diane was so kind to send laugh laugh

they are right where they need to be now kissies i sure enjoyed talking to you, and he did too.

now we just have to get a few more things settled.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 9th, 2006 at 01:22 PM
grinnnn cool
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 9th, 2006 at 01:58 PM
he cut a couple of trees today, and burnt some trash. trying to earn a couple of $$ to get cigs. frown but, at least he is willing to work for them instead of feeling "entitled"!
Posted By: Triss Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 9th, 2006 at 02:06 PM
That is a good step Jiffy!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Jiffy Can I adopt Matthew?? 08/03/06 - August 10th, 2006 at 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Triss:
That is a good step Jiffy!
And one good step leads to another,, one step at a time!! wink thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]