A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: mich168 Prayers and good wishes Needed - December 22nd, 2005 at 09:49 AM
For a family friend.

Bernard (last name withheld) is a Fair Lawn, NJ resident and a former volunteer firefighter. He has been very active and involved in protecting the property and lives of Fair Lawn residents: now Bernard himself needs help.

About two years ago, Bernard was diagnosed with inoperable spinal cancer. He began a months long program of chemotherapy, which sucessfully shrank the tumor. He was declared to be in remission. Unfortunately, the chemotherapy treatment damaged his heart to the extent that it has only minimal function.

Bernard is presently taking some NINE different medications to try and improve his heart function. He also had a pacemaker/defibrillator unit surgically implanted, to regulate the heart function. Currently, other treatment options are being considered, which may include a transplant.

Bernard and his wife, Jane, have two childern, ages 5 and 3. They are facing large medical expenses even with his medical insurance coverage.

I am NOT asking for any donations. I am asking for prayers, and good engery to be sent Bernard's way and some for his family too. Bernard desperatly wants to see his children grow up. Please include him on your prayer list.

A big thank you for reading this.!
smile
Posted By: JV Re: Prayers and good wishes Needed - December 22nd, 2005 at 10:00 AM
Michele: My prayer snd best wishes going out to Bernard and his family. Billie and I spent years in the voluteer fire dept in Odessa,Tx and Westminster Colo. Bernard is one of my Volunteer brothers.
Jimmy
Posted By: mich168 Re: Prayers and good wishes Needed - December 22nd, 2005 at 10:05 AM
Thank you Jimmy,
Ever bit helps!

wink
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Prayers and good wishes Needed - December 22nd, 2005 at 10:07 AM
He has my prayers, Michelle! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayers and good wishes Needed - December 22nd, 2005 at 10:50 AM
prayers here michelle
Posted By: mich168 Re: Prayers and good wishes Needed - December 22nd, 2005 at 11:07 AM
Thank you, all ! angell
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayers and good wishes Needed - December 22nd, 2005 at 11:35 AM
I am adding my prayers also for Bernard and his family.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayers and good wishes Needed - December 22nd, 2005 at 11:53 AM
Sending my well wishes too, Michelle.
What an awful lot to go through...
and to have 2 very young children too.
Posted By: mich168 Re: Prayers and good wishes Needed - December 23rd, 2005 at 09:33 AM
It is, Lynne. thanks !
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]