A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Meg Since we're talkin about moth like critters.. - July 28th, 2005 at 03:01 AM
Anybody know what this little guy is? He was stuck to my daughters butt when we were leaving McDonalds today. I thought she dripped a big glob of icecream & sat on it, but when I got closer, I noticed it was a bug of some kind instead. Let me tell ya, this fella has strong sticky legs! I think he was injured some, and bleeding a bit.. but he was still alive. We took him home so I could get these pics, and kiddo left him loose.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Meg
Posted By: Thornius Re: Since we're talkin about moth like critters.. - July 28th, 2005 at 07:50 AM
Meg,
You have a Giant Leopard Moth. Check eNature.com. They have a wonderful set of online field guides for any species of living creature you could want. That is what i used to identify your moth.
Posted By: Meg Re: Since we're talkin about moth like critters.. - July 28th, 2005 at 07:55 AM
Thanks Thornius, that's a cool site! thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Since we're talkin about moth like critters.. - July 28th, 2005 at 08:23 AM
Meg,
You have a Giant Leopard Moth.
Well...I was gonna guess earlier that it was a moth in a leopard skin coat...
...guess I wouldn't have been too far off. nutz
Posted By: njoynit Re: Since we're talkin about moth like critters.. - August 1st, 2005 at 11:01 PM
He would have been dressed for life in the 80s p
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]