A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Erinne Hi all - July 1st, 2005 at 08:17 AM
Hello. I'm an indoor gardener in Oregon since I live in an apartment with no yard right now. I have many lovely plants, including a norfolk pine, a croton, a weeping fig, African violets, a peperomia, a few wandering Jews and hoyas that are growing like crazy, and others. I'm a bit maxed out right now--my three cats and all the plants have to fight for window space. As a youngun (24), I hope to learn a lot from everyone here.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Hi all - July 1st, 2005 at 09:35 AM
Hi Erinne! Welcome to the forum wink I'm sure you'll learn lots from the more experienced gardeners here - I'm learning too, and have learned a tremendous amount of info since joining. This is a great place to be!
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Hi all - July 1st, 2005 at 09:09 PM
Hi Erinne wavey
Glad you found the forum
Nice to meet you
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hi all - July 2nd, 2005 at 07:50 PM
[Linked Image]

Happy to have you with us!

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: newlife Re: Hi all - July 3rd, 2005 at 01:33 AM
I live in an Apartment as well, with limited window space. What I wouldn't give to have a nice yard. I would live to have a nice big garden with the water feature in it- a little fountain or a pond. place to sit outside. Maybe someday...welcome to the forum.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hi all - July 3rd, 2005 at 02:38 AM
Hi Erinne....Welcome to the forum, glad that the world wide web brought you here....

I lived in an apt for 5 years and towards the end it was like a jungle in there....LOL

I love African Violets and grow them, and wandering jews were the very first plant I ever bought--just wait until you get a house one day and you have a big old yard to plant stuff in...it's easy to get a little out of control...I know I did.... smile

I've learned so much in the past 3 years I've been here, plus I read and buy gardening books like crazy.....and I'm just 29---stick around with us and you'll learn tons of stuff! Sometimes my brain is in overload I have so many plant names floating around in my head....the hard thing is remembering the plant info that goes with the name.....LOL
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Hi all - July 3rd, 2005 at 04:53 AM
Hi & Welcome,

I'm a new gardener and an apartment dweller. I'm working on my indoor jungle and doing pretty well with it. The help I get here has made all the difference. We have a weed patch in back of the building that I am working on making a garden. Hard work on a fixed income but where would be the fun if it wasn't a challenge?

Enjoy the forum.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]