A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: njoynit A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 3rd, 2005 at 03:18 PM
A Week in the life of a Gardener's Spouse
She dug the plot on Monday-
The soil was rich and fine,
She forgot to thaw out dinner-
So we went out to dine...
She planted roses Tuesday-
She says they are a must,
They really are quite lovely,
But she forgot to dust...
On Wednesday it was daisies-
They opened up with the sun,
All whites and pinks and yellows-
But the laundry wasn't done...
The poppies came on Thursday-
A bright and cheery red,
I guess she really was engrossed-
She never made the bed...
It was violets on Friday-
In colors she adores,
It never bothered her at all-
All the crumbs upon the floors...
I hired a maid on Saturday-
My week is now complete,
My wife can garden all she wants-
The house will still be neat!
It's nearly lunchtime Sunday-
And I cannot find the maid,
Oh no! I don't believe it!
She's out there WITH THE SPADE!!!

Author Unknown

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance,
The wise grows it under his feet."
~ James Oppenheim ~

"What a desolate place would be a world without a flower! It would be a face without a smile, a feast without a welcome. Are not flowers the stars of the earth, and are not our stars the flowers of the heaven."
A.J. Balfour

not sure WHERE I found these ....they were saved in folder.I can just picture that on my tombstone.I'd like a maid though....then I WOULD get everything done.
Posted By: Meg Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 3rd, 2005 at 03:58 PM
That was great! I just saved it as a .doc on my pc. wink smile

Meg
Posted By: tkhooper Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 3rd, 2005 at 06:17 PM
Fantastic

I love it and I don't even have an "other" to show it to. lol.
Posted By: JV Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 3rd, 2005 at 10:32 PM
laugh Just sent this to my sister as it fits her to a T. If I had a spouse she would be in this spouse's position. Tk you can borrow me on a temporary basis if you need to. laugh
Jimmy
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 4th, 2005 at 05:27 AM
OMG....Stephen can sooooo relate to this! I'm gonna print this out for him!
Posted By: sybil Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 4th, 2005 at 05:43 AM
Wow.
Jimmy ...do you travel??
Posted By: weezie13 Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 4th, 2005 at 06:44 AM
Oh geesh, my husband to can relate...

H: "What do you mean you didn't do laundry???
It's 10:30pm... what have you been doing all day?"
W: "uhhhhhh, Gardening.....
Is that a trick question?"

H: "What's for dinner???" Duh
W: "What's dinner"? shk
H: "You know that STUFF you're supposed to be heating up"!!!!! mad
W: "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, that stuff.... "_____________ Pizzeria's heating it up for you to pick up on the way home..."

Weezie
Posted By: Carly Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 4th, 2005 at 07:11 AM
Wonderful poem - I'm sure Jeff can relate to that one.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 4th, 2005 at 07:12 AM
Fits me to a "T"...I have to let something go to get something in the yard done...and once i get out there...I ain't comin in til dark thirthy!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 4th, 2005 at 07:13 AM
BUT...no maid! I would have to clean the house before she came to clean the house!!!
Posted By: Carly Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 4th, 2005 at 07:20 AM
I love that expression - I ain't comin' in till 'dark thirty'.
Posted By: Meg Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 4th, 2005 at 04:04 PM
hehe.. carly, since I was a kid, my parents used that to say when they used to get up. (dad was a navy man.) now, WE get up at dark thirty, even when it's daylight savings time. UGH.

I can sooooo relate to this. I forget the time, especially when it's still a bit light out, and before I know it, it's 8pm, and no dinner's been started..lol.

Meg
Posted By: njoynit Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 4th, 2005 at 11:42 PM
yeah....and I"M THE ONE who burns rice...the boil bag kind .......to the PAN.....cause I'm out in the yard....and forget I'm cooking dinner(AND I've done this more than once...the rice....I have proof.2 pans with a rice bag imprint burned in bottom& I still cook with them.I've also burnt "other stuff"we had very crispy frys one night last week.I meant to only carry the trash to burn pile....then had to pick this....weed a lil here...then oh crap!the food!& we will NOT count how many times I've over-cooked tea and had bags cooked to the pan& no tea left in pot(and if you over-cook boiled eggs they will explode makeing a mess)
Posted By: tkhooper Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 5th, 2005 at 12:21 AM
Burnt boiled eggs make a mess all the way to the ceiling. I know Frank made me clean it. ...no wonder I got rid of that guy lol.

JV you have a deal. Thank you for the offer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A week in the life of a gardners spouse... - June 6th, 2005 at 02:44 AM
laugh laugh laugh njoynit, even my husband laughed! (as he is reading over my shoulder... a good thing wink )
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]