A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: plants 'n pots Free Wildflower Reference Guide - February 2nd, 2005 at 03:58 PM
Thought you all might like to sign up for this free Wildflower Reference Guide. Looks like it could be helpful.

Free reference guide
Posted By: obywan59 Re: Free Wildflower Reference Guide - February 2nd, 2005 at 04:03 PM
I received this earlier this year and am being very tempted to order some of their seed. They have different seed mixtures depending on where you live and you can also order individual seed packets of only the varieties you like.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Free Wildflower Reference Guide - February 3rd, 2005 at 04:38 AM
Posted By: Ann1 Re: Free Wildflower Reference Guide - February 3rd, 2005 at 04:47 AM
It's a great catalog--even has my wine cup seeds, which I'll probably get despite my plans "not to plan too much". [Got Plants Delight catalog today and they have wine-cup plants as well as my yellow Chinese banana [Golden Lotus Banana].

I have also wondered about the success of the wildflower mixtures, but am hesitant to just plunge in since I have no idea how our subdivision would react. Lawns aren't as important here as they were in KS where we were told we ruined the block because we didn't cut grass twice a week or more!! [I actually saw one woman on her hands and knees clipping grass with a pair of scissors.]

We were also told the whole block on that side of the street looked like a golf course--but the man forgot all about the 5 or 6 trees he had cut down since we had moved in. These same people came to beg some of my purple coneflower, bee balm, and Japanese iris [whatever the miniature purple ones are called.] Around here we aren't always able to cut grass each week but have no neighbor problems.

Has anyone with somewhat loose subdivision rules had any experience with adding an area of wildflowrs?

Thanks.
Ann
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Free Wildflower Reference Guide - February 3rd, 2005 at 01:54 PM
Thanks, Lynne. I needed that catalog. I am always finding some kind of flower that I don't know.

Dianna
Posted By: CoolJoe Re: Free Wildflower Reference Guide - February 6th, 2005 at 02:29 AM
Sadly, it's only free within US... :rolleyes: Anybody would know of a good site to order some exotic or uncomon seeds from? muggs

CoolJoe
Posted By: KIT Re: Free Wildflower Reference Guide - February 6th, 2005 at 04:10 AM
Hi again, Cool Joe!
I've just ordered for myself the 'Richter's Herbs' Catalogue. It's not exactly wildflowers, but it certainly has a huge selection of exotic and interesting plants/seeds on offer.
It is also a really good read, as it gives information on each plant.
I've been ordering it for years, just to read!
I might even order something this year...I have REALLY BIG plans! flw
Posted By: KIT Re: Free Wildflower Reference Guide - February 6th, 2005 at 04:12 AM
Whoops! Forgot to mention...just type Richter's Herbs in a google search...the site will come up...sorry, don't know how to put the link on here. shocked
Posted By: holyearth Re: Free Wildflower Reference Guide - February 13th, 2005 at 12:17 AM
Thanks for the reference guide link it's great.

www.casacertified.org
CASAcertified.org
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]