A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper dark purple columbine - May 21st, 2005 at 05:58 PM
I think it had a baby. It's either that or a weed that look the same is comming up by it. Could they have a baby that fast? I just bought it and planted it last month.
Posted By: Carly Re: dark purple columbine - May 21st, 2005 at 09:58 PM
Funny you should bring that up - somebody just gave me some - just a little twig of it.

I think there's some of it growing wild on the property too, so I'll be looking for it.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: dark purple columbine - May 22nd, 2005 at 04:38 AM
Tammy or Carly,
Do either of you have a picture??

Columbines are one of my most favoritest flowers cool thumbup

Weezie
Posted By: tkhooper Re: dark purple columbine - May 22nd, 2005 at 08:43 PM
I'm sorry Weezie, it's not my turn with the camera yet. I had it most of last month. And I take lousy pictures anyway.
Posted By: Fernie Re: dark purple columbine - May 23rd, 2005 at 05:35 AM
I finally requested the camera forum topic under hobbies and crafts.

The secret to this camera is to get as close as possible. It doesn't do well outside of 5 ft from the subject. I have been laying on the ground to take some of my shots. It is severely frustrating trying to take pics of birds with it! laugh laugh laugh And my cats think I have lost my marbles.

And you have no idea how many photos I have deleted, never to be seen by anyone!!!! For every 20 pics or so, I get one good one.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: dark purple columbine - May 23rd, 2005 at 11:33 AM
Cats are so cool.

Thanks for the info on shooting pictures. Between my poor eyesight and lack of camera knowledge my pictures were pretty terrible. Even the "good ones".

Thanks for posting that. I had completely forgotten. I do that a lot.
Posted By: Suzee Re: dark purple columbine - May 25th, 2005 at 02:45 PM
Columbines self seed, all the years I have owned them they have never given off a root plant (or whatever you call the babies that come from runners) My guess is you have a crafty weed. One month is too early and the wrong time of the year
Posted By: tkhooper Re: dark purple columbine - May 25th, 2005 at 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info Suzee.

I don't see so well and I was thinking the leaf looked alittle like the ones on the buttercups too.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]