A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: livingwithnature Hi - June 16th, 2005 at 08:21 PM
Hello from NJ. I'm hoping to get some great help since I'm new to gardening and hopefully will have some success with all of your advice. I thank you all in advance for tips, advice and general knowledge you are willing to share.

Hopefully someone get help me get started with my first question.

Does anyone know how to get a dianthus plant to bloom? I have 2 plants that were planted 2 years ago and last year and this year as well, the plants come back, they form a mound of lovely leaves but I never get any blooms. Stumped on this one. The plants look healthy. Unfortunately I don't the particular species I have. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hi - June 16th, 2005 at 08:27 PM
[Linked Image]

Happy to have you with us!

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question,just wanted to stop in and say hi!

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: livingwithnature Re: Hi - June 16th, 2005 at 08:38 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Hi - June 16th, 2005 at 08:54 PM
Just stopping by to say "welcome", too! I don't know anything about your dianthus problem, but hang on, someone will be around shortly that can answer your question I'm sure! Meanwhile, browse the forums and jump right on in to the fun.

Dianna
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Hi - June 16th, 2005 at 10:22 PM
Hi livingwithnature wavey
If you type in Dianthus at the top of the page where it says Google it will give you some information of the plant.
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Hi - June 17th, 2005 at 01:35 AM
Hi & Welcome,

Mine hasn't bloomed yet either and I'm in Virginia so I don't think it's time to worry yet. I hope it isn't time to worry yet anyway. Hummmmmmmm, maybe I should worry?
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]