A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: sherbear73 Covering sprinkler valves & PVC - May 20th, 2005 at 08:39 PM
Howdy... I'm looking for budget minded or recycled product ideas for covering & insulationg the above groung valves & PVC tubing in my yard. Then plain buckets are cheap but ugly, & the fake rock is $40! Help.
Thanks, and have a fantastic day. Don't forget the sunscreen!!
Posted By: Longy Re: Covering sprinkler valves & PVC - May 20th, 2005 at 09:02 PM
Hi Sherbear, can you explain more of what you need to do? Are the valves in the lawn and you want to protect them? What do you need insulation for? To prevent the pipes from freezing? Not sure what you're looking for.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Covering sprinkler valves & PVC - June 16th, 2005 at 03:18 AM
cheapest thing to do to the pipe that is attractive is bury it. As for the sprinkler heads that should set them down far enough that they won't show. If you still feel you have to insulate them during the "snow season" Try mulch and just spread it around in the spring. Good for the lawn as long as you get the shredded bark kind or something that the lawnmower can't toss back at you.
Posted By: RugbyHukr Re: Covering sprinkler valves & PVC - June 24th, 2005 at 09:31 AM
Try something decorative. ie. old wooden crates, hollowed out section of a log, etc.

Use them as stands for some outdoor potted plants. Make an annual bed around them to make it work like a purposeful part of the landscape. Annuals are usually pretty cheap. So if they get ruined from a busted valve or work on one, you can replace fairly inexpensively.

As far as covering PVC, depends on how much there is to hide. I would need an idea of the scope before I would suggest anything.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]