A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper No Wonder - June 29th, 2005 at 10:49 PM
...the yellow miniature snapdragons didn't want to make seeds. They are trying to bloom again. That's amazing! I wish I'd have known I'd of given them some more miracle grow. But the article I read said they only like to bloom twice and then when the hot weather sets in they want to go dormant. Maybe I don't have a good understanding of what hot means to a snapdragon. Can anyone tell me please?
Posted By: gardengal Re: No Wonder - June 30th, 2005 at 05:43 AM
I've never had any luck with snapdragons so more power to you that you got them to grow at all. thumbup thumbup Mine always acted like I stuck them in the oven and turned it on full blast. I guess it was always too hot for them? One of these days I'll figure it out. Maybe. laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: No Wonder - June 30th, 2005 at 05:48 AM
Well everything I've read says they like full sun. But mine are in the shade of a tree and don't get any direct sun. It also may have something to do with them being the miniatures. Although I'm a beginner and this is all guess work.

I'm amazed that it is trying to bloom when it's been between a low of 70 and a high of 90 recently. But I water by bucket so it does get soaked once a day lol.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]