A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Savahnna Rose Hello from West Virginia - October 11th, 2005 at 08:37 AM
Hello. My name's Sarah, I'm currently enrolled in a college not too far away from my home. I rather like leafy plants more than flowing though there are those select few. Being in college, it's hard to keep a plant. I go home only every other weekend so the care of most plants is very difficult. I currently have an Aloe Vera plant in my dorm room which is actually what made me stumble onto this site. I suppose one could say I was searching for a bit of advice of which I'll ask for in the house plant section. Anyway, I hope I can learn a few things, and maybe eventually add in my own help. I'm a novice gardener though, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere. Right?

~Sav.

Note: Excuse my typos. x.x
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Hello from West Virginia - October 12th, 2005 at 05:05 AM
Hi Savahnna Rose wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Savahnna Rose Re: Hello from West Virginia - October 14th, 2005 at 10:33 PM
Hello. Nice meeting you as well. And thank you very much for the kind greeting. laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Hello from West Virginia - October 14th, 2005 at 11:09 PM
Being in college, it's hard to keep a plant. I go home only every other weekend so the care of most plants is very difficult.
Our resident college student "Nako" (aka: Phoebe) has posted about such problems...she has a LOT of plants, and has lost many due to having to leave them in someone else's care while she was gone on breaks, etc.

Very nice to meet you, Sarah...
...and WELCOME to the forum! wavey

Cindy
Posted By: Meg Re: Hello from West Virginia - October 15th, 2005 at 12:11 AM
Hi Sarah wavey

I'm in WV too, but not sure where in relation to where you're at. We're in the eastern panhandle, where VA, MD, and WV meet.

Welcome to the forum!
Meg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hello from West Virginia - October 15th, 2005 at 08:49 AM
Hi there Sav, nice to have you here.....back when I was in high school I went to Wesleyn(sp?) College for a few weeks with the church....that is in or outside of Buckhannon right? It was a long time ago..........

I hope that you get to come chat with us all a lot...Welcome to the forum!

Laura
Posted By: mhuff Re: Hello from West Virginia - October 16th, 2005 at 05:04 AM
Hi Sarah,
I'm a college student in West Virginia, as well....north central, actually. I'm also new to the forum, but wanted to greet you!
Melinda
Posted By: obywan59 Re: Hello from West Virginia - October 25th, 2005 at 02:07 AM
Welcome Sarah,
I went to high school at Aurora in Preston Co. WV and I remember going to Buckhannon with our band to march in the parade. I don't remember what for, the Strawberry Festival maybe???
Posted By: Eddie's Baby Re: Hello from West Virginia - October 31st, 2005 at 10:15 PM
Hi, Sav and welcome. I'm a newbie as well, and my hubby is from Twilight and Madison/Danville, WV in Boone County.
Posted By: Steph321 Re: Hello from West Virginia - November 1st, 2005 at 07:24 AM
Hi Sav, wavey A big ole welcome to the forum

West Va. is such a pretty state!

******Steph wavey
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]