A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: rue anemone I am on the tour committee again this year and... - May 26th, 2005 at 10:42 PM
I am so excited about our poster. In the past we used the generic flowered bordered computer papaer. We stepped it up a notch this year.

Our neighborhood has a long history of artist living here. We are inviting artists to paint in the gardens during the tour. Then the month of July I will exhibit the art and when it sells part of the proceeds will go to the clubs beautification projects.

http://www.11southkitley.com/IGC/igc.html
Posted By: phoenix Re: I am on the tour committee again this year and... - May 26th, 2005 at 11:04 PM
wavey RUE,
what a BEAUTIFUL picture,and that's a great thing to be a part of congratulations thumbup
Posted By: MissJamie Re: I am on the tour committee again this year and... - May 27th, 2005 at 01:42 AM
wow that is sooo pretty!! that sounds like alot of fun! thumbup
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: I am on the tour committee again this year and... - May 27th, 2005 at 06:21 AM
Up a notch...I'll say. That is absolutely the most wonderful idea. Will you be able to post more of the pics when they are done? The one posted is beautiful...as is the setting.
Posted By: rue anemone Re: I am on the tour committee again this year and... - July 2nd, 2005 at 05:00 AM
We made around $1300 this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the $$ will still be coming in as the paintings that were done in the gardens are sold. My shop is donating the 25% we usually take for consignments to the garden club.

I am so excited because an artist was at my shop painting!! The painting is so cool. I wonder if I am allowed to scan it and post is? copyright laws?
Rue - as long as you scan at 72dpi at a small size (say 300x300), it won't be good enough to be print quality, therefore no worries about anyone using it for profit.

And, congratulations!
Posted By: rue anemone Re: I am on the tour committee again this year and... - July 2nd, 2005 at 09:33 PM
OK, Good! I just have to share this.

http://www.11southkitley.com/picture%20024.jpg

It is neat and odd how artists have congregated here again and without knowing the history of Irvington having so many artists in the past. When we moved in in the 1970's the neighborhood was at its lowest.

It has slowly but surely improved, had its old glory brought back to it. Really just our downtown area needs to be perked up.

We have had alot of beautiful old buildings torn down but that has stopped thank goodness.
Posted By: Gardencrazy Re: I am on the tour committee again this year and... - July 3rd, 2005 at 11:13 AM
That is a gorgeous painting! wink Congratulations too. thumbup
Wow, that's a beautiful painting! Thanks for sharing it! It must be so rewarding for you to be part of this time there, with the town having come so far. thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: I am on the tour committee again this year and... - July 3rd, 2005 at 05:51 PM
Wonderful watercolor. That is a watercolor painting isn't it? It's very nice. I love the subject. That looks like the perfect house to me. All warm and charming with flower beds and trees and all. I'm ready to pack my bags and come for a visit.
Posted By: MissJamie Re: I am on the tour committee again this year and... - July 4th, 2005 at 02:13 AM
wow that's beautiful! how did you know that that was what my dreamhouse looks like?? lol
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]