Posted By: 4Ruddy To all my garden Ants - October 18th, 2005 at 08:02 PM
And Uncles......

My first day of school...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My School

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My first paper....a cotton ball ghost...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: To all my garden Ants - October 18th, 2005 at 08:15 PM
Sweet!!!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: To all my garden Ants - October 18th, 2005 at 08:19 PM
Well...that brought tears to my eyes.
I sure love that little guy.

You're so blessed, Vanessa.

Cindy
Posted By: peppereater Re: To all my garden Ants - October 18th, 2005 at 09:14 PM
Really cute fella! Vanessa, I missed all the threads concerning his condition...Point me to some to catch me up?
Posted By: suzydaze Re: To all my garden Ants - October 18th, 2005 at 09:14 PM
ohhhh he's just too sweet. kissies

Love the ghost too. thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: To all my garden Ants - October 18th, 2005 at 09:36 PM
too cute! and you are the best too, so don't you forget it!
Posted By: Meg Re: To all my garden Ants - October 18th, 2005 at 10:03 PM
Awwwwwe! He's so handsome Vanessa. His artwork is so neat too! flw
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: To all my garden Ants - October 18th, 2005 at 11:05 PM
Hi Vanessa,
First days are so much fun--- love the ghost idea- think I will do one with our 2 - almost 3 yr old.... while big brother is in school- he brings home artwork and now the little one wants to hang stuff on Nana's fridge too- need a bigger fridge soon!
He is a cutie too and love the Nemo shirt- have a good day- don't work to hard!
Nana
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: To all my garden Ants - October 18th, 2005 at 11:10 PM
Vanessa, I missed all the threads concerning his condition...Point me to some to catch me up?
Peppereater, Taylor..(we call him the Peanut)has had some difficulties since birth...he had to have 2 major surgeries at 6 weeks. After his first birthday we began to notice some very different characteristics and problems. We began to have some testing doneearly last summer...he is autistic. He is just 2 (as of last June) pretty tall for his age...everyone thinks he is 4! To make a long ordeal shorter...the school that we needed to put him in for some very aggressive therapy was a four hour drive from our home and he needed to be there 5 days a week. So, we sold all of our furniture, rented a mobile home from HE!! (sight unseen) and are in the transition of moving. He started the therapy last Tuesday. it has been quite the ordeal..but we are hanging! thumbup There are MANY threads laugh Vanessa's updates, Peanut's updates...I just can't remember them all. Every one here at the forum has been our support system through the ENTIRE process...and it has been a LONG haul I might add...they have put up with all of my ups & downs and all arounds! aunt Cindy Windy picks out his toys, Uncle Jimmy talks to him every morning on the web cam, aunt Triss has provided info on the behavours, aunt Tricia sat and pulled up 360 web sites for help...and everyone has prayed and sent positive thoughts the entire time...I have no idea how I would have made it with out all of the help I have gotten from my forum friends! luv
Posted By: Anonymous Re: To all my garden Ants - October 18th, 2005 at 11:38 PM
Vanessa, he is so cute....you must be so proud of him.....what a good job he did making his ghost.....Great little Peanut you have there!
Posted By: JV Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 03:48 AM
[Linked Image]One proud Uncle. Hehe [Linked Image] he is cute Vanessa so proud of him and you and Ruf and all yall have been through for him. I know it was and is hard better times will come. God has blessed you and Ruf he will be taken care of and loved.
Jimmy
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 04:38 AM
Peanut is just so adorable, I just want to eat him up!!!

It's wonderful that he made that snowman already. The school sounds fantastic for him, and how terrific that you can observe him either through the window or videos - that must make you feel really secure about the place too!

Tell him he has another "aunt" here that wishes him much success at his new school!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 05:36 AM
wonderful that he made that snowman already
um, Lynne, that's a ghost! angell
love those pics and yes , Peanut looks tall for his age!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 07:13 AM
laugh laugh laugh
um, Lynne, that's a ghost!
laugh laugh laugh

Too funny Mel!!! perpl
I actually knew that!!!

That's how I am on 2 hours sleep!!!
My daughter was up til 3:30 a.m. last night doing homework,
and her alarms begins blast-off at 5 a.m. - AAAAACCCCCKKKK!!!
Posted By: LF from MC Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 07:46 AM
Ohhh!! he is the sweetest thing Venessa. Just like a little angell

It looks like he has a CD in his hand, maybe going to have it played in school? Like Show & Tell.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 07:50 AM
That's how I am on 2 hours sleep!!!
My daughter was up til 3:30 a.m. last night doing homework,
and her alarms begins blast-off at 5 a.m. - AAAAACCCCCKKKK!!!
Uhhh, Lynne...I know where you're at! kissies
I was "there" about 15 years ago when Rachel was in school. :rolleyes:

Cindy Earl
Posted By: MissJamie Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 08:54 AM
awww that is soo good that he's in school now vanessa! you and ruf have done a FANTASTIC job raising that kid. he's gonna be a little heart breaker when he grows up! ya'll might wanna invest in a couple of shot guns right now so you can fight the gals off of him when the time comes! laugh laugh cute little ghostie too smile
Posted By: WyoMom Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 10:48 AM
Oh Vanessa, what a doll. I am so happy you were able to get everything to work out so Peanut could get the help he needs. My baby Cole turned 2 the end of May. Thank you for sharing Peanut's accomplishments with us.
Nancy
Posted By: catlover Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 11:10 AM
Ahhhh Peanut is sooo cute with his little star backpack. Ohhh I remember the days! wavey
Posted By: Anonymous Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 06:51 PM
Those pics have made my morning!!

I am so glad to hear that ya'll are settled(well,for the most part)and Peanut has started school kissies

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 10:41 PM
It looks like he has a CD in his hand, maybe going to have it played in school?
Actually the CD is because Tatlor is a "flapper"..he has to have something in his hand to "flap" all of the time. That is the way some autistic kidlets distract themselves from things going on around them. He holds it up close to the side of his head and flaps...then he cuts his eyes sharply towards the object he is flapping...and that blockes out what is going on around him. A post card or something of that size works well..but his favorites are CD's or flattened out video boxes.
I tried to get a better pic of his back pack...since schools had already started, supplies were already out of stock and all I could find was a plain black back pack. So, I painted red, white & blue stars on it and put his name down the back...his little eyes just lit up when he saw it! Now they don't light up when he sees it...he knows that means he is going to school..so we have to wait and get it out last thing in the morning. He doesn't transition well at all. Like from home to school...from the classroom to the lunchroom, from inside to outside...he cannot handle "change" and every tranisition is rough for him. Even getting off the bus when he gets home...takes him a bit to adjust.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 10:45 PM
You are an ANGEL in my book
Oh, and I wanted to say how very sweet you all are and the compliments are so giving of you all...BUT...you know what? I am not doing one thing that ALL of you would not do in the same situation. I know you all well enough to know that given the same situation...you would do what ever you had to in a minute to take care of your children or grand children...that is just the kind of people we have hangin out on the forum...and I am thankful for that!
Posted By: peppereater Re: To all my garden Ants - October 19th, 2005 at 10:58 PM
I'd just like to say how impressed I am by what a supportive community this is. Who would have thought that you could have one huge, loving family over the internet? Kudos to all of you who have taken such an interest.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]