A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Karrie bare root plantings - June 16th, 2005 at 03:44 AM
Hello I am a new gardner with alot of pasion for my blooming family members. I planted bare root prennial geraniums this year, I was wondering how long it will be before I should have some growth on these bare roots? Any ideas on it. I have never planted from bare root before. It was the only way I could find the geranium I wanted though. Have any of you see the splish splash geranium? This is the one I am waiting on. It is simply beautiful! flw
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: bare root plantings - June 16th, 2005 at 03:54 AM
wavey , Karrie! I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for you on your geraniums. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I am sure someone else will be along shortly to answer your question. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do!

Dianna
Posted By: Karrie Re: bare root plantings - June 16th, 2005 at 07:08 AM
I love it here! My husband kept telling me I was crazy - That it was in no way normal to love flowers like I do. The neighbors all agreed when I started putting them on the walls. Well you all made me feel sane again! Thanks and hugs to all!
Posted By: mike57 Re: bare root plantings - June 16th, 2005 at 07:19 AM
HI Karrie everything i have read abought bare root perennial geraniums say that it can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks for them to start to grow. the roots have to start settling in and grabbing hold of the soil first then you should start to see new growth before to long.hope this helps.your friend in gardening.mike57
Posted By: Karrie Re: bare root plantings - June 16th, 2005 at 08:03 AM
Thanks so much Mike! I had a lady at the nursery say that if after 2 weeks I dont see green to hack em. I always wait at least till the next growing season to hack anything though! Ya never know what mother nature is capable of!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]