A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: EagleWolf New to the forum - May 15th, 2005 at 12:26 AM
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I've got a few projects that I'm working on. The first project is my huge garden. It's a L shaped, curvy garden that goes all the way across the back of the yard. It's 70' X 63'. The second project is a 3500+ gal pond. I also have a few little flower gardens here and there. With in the next couple of days I'll post pic of before and after of my garden to be.
Posted By: PlantFaerie Re: New to the forum - May 15th, 2005 at 12:32 AM
Hello and welcome! I'm interested to see what it would look like. My mom has a 3 acre or so yard and wants my input on good things to plant all the time. Good Luck!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: New to the forum - May 15th, 2005 at 01:48 AM
Hi & Welcome

All I can think to say is WOW.
Posted By: EagleWolf Re: New to the forum - May 15th, 2005 at 04:31 AM
Originally posted by tkhooper:
Hi & Welcome

All I can think to say is WOW.
Well there are more projects that I forgot to mention. They dont relate to gardening so they slipped my mind. Reovating 2 patios made of brick pavers, putting in flagstone paths, and adding a patio. Still thinking about a project that might take place later this year or beginning of next year.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: New to the forum - May 15th, 2005 at 10:21 AM
No problem we are in the process of getting a brand new server so things are kind of hinky at the moment. But be patient and soon we'll be all new and pretty.

I'm slowly redecorating my apartment and I have stuff up in crafts all the time about this and that redecorating task.

I'm curious are you planning with all the space to have a number of types of gardens or staying pretty much with one theme for the entire area?

I would have everything: a maze, a victory garden, a forest glen, a grotto, a cottage garden, a zen garden, a cutting garden, and a knot garden at least. Or in another words I would go wild. I have a little strip of government land behind the apartment building that is approximately 80 X 8 feet and I have herbs, veggies, cut flowers and dwarf evergreen bushes.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New to the forum - May 15th, 2005 at 02:12 PM
Just wanted to stop in here and welcome you to the forum EagleWolf---glad to have you here! wavey

Sounds like you'll be keeping yourself busy for quite a while with all of your projects! Can't wait to see some pics..... thumbup

laura smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New to the forum - May 15th, 2005 at 03:25 PM
[Linked Image]

Glad you could join us!

Sounds like you have alot going on. Can't wait to see some pics thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: EagleWolf Re: New to the forum - May 16th, 2005 at 04:30 AM
Originally posted by tkhooper:
I'm curious are you planning with all the space to have a number of types of gardens or staying pretty much with one theme for the entire area?
They're all gonna be different. One of the beds are to attract butterflies and hummingbirds, while the others are to add colors to the yard. The bigg garden that I'm working on is mostly for the veggies. It started off being a 30' x 11' rectangle and then we bought the seeds for it and realized it needed to be bigger.

Just to make it clear, the pond and big veggie garden are main focus. Everything else I'm helping with. My Fiancee, who just joined the forum, minutes ago is the other little gardens here and there.
Posted By: EagleWolf Re: New to the forum - May 16th, 2005 at 06:34 AM
Before pics are here.
Posted By: VirgoWolf Re: New to the forum - May 16th, 2005 at 09:57 PM
Hello! (I am the newbie and fiancee)

I am working mainly on the other gardens, he is in charge of the huge ol garden that we set aside for Veggies mostly.

We will have a gravel bog garden, a small piece for a rose bush and a couple complemtary flowers, a garden bordered with Marigolds with an arrangement of Coleus and Celosia around a custom birdfeeder, there is a small garden near the upper part of the pond that is set sside for a butterfly/hummingbird garden, equipt with a butterfly feeder (and if we actually see hummingbirds, we will add a feeder for them too), There is a garden that is now home to 2 10' pine trees and a ton of daylillies, which will be converted into Blackberries and Raspberries and maybe a grape vine or two, and then just small things like around some trees.

We have our work cut out for us for sure! LOL We are considering another small water feature near the main garden at some point and plan on making a cortyard type patio in the biggest curve, but those might have to wait untill next year.

The pond is tackling us at the moment, we got past the dry, sandy, rocky top soil and now are on to the thick clay and had to get out the pic axe! Only has to be 4' deep, LOL, no biggie... sca
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]