A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: mich168 Wedding Plans, So far - July 25th, 2005 at 11:15 AM
Got the church:

http://www.neighborhoodchurchpve.org/default.htm

Got the reception site:

http://bluewatergrill.com/locations/redondo_beach.php

AND, the photographer:

http://feliciaperryphotography.com/

Been looking at gowns, online as my maid-of-honor is sick with Strep Throat, right now! Looked at enough to know, I WANT SOMETHING SIMPLE! LOL.

Still got a ways to go on the rest of the planning.

Just thought I would update all of you!
wavey
Posted By: Merme Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 25th, 2005 at 11:39 AM
Hi Michele ~ wavey

Well, you've certainly made progress!

The church is lovely and with that pretty sanctuary, it should be easy for you to decorate it. I'm glad it doesn't have a weird colored carpet like some churches have that would clash with everything your bridal party would wear!

And the Oyster Bar looks fun. How many people are you planning on attending?

The photographer looks like she knows what she is doing, too!

Gee, you've made some really good choices, it seems!

I know about wanting to keep the gowns simple. When I was looking recently at bridal attire on-line, I kept clicking on the more simple catalogs of gowns and I must say, I was surprised to see so many designers offering simple yet elegant dresses. So hopefully you'll find what you like!

When is the wedding?

Merme
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 25th, 2005 at 06:31 PM
David Bridal is advertising their 99.00 bridal gown sale. Don't know if that would be of interest. But I've found that they carry a wide selection of gowns and they have the brides maids dresses too.
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 25th, 2005 at 08:33 PM
Yup. That's exactly what I did, TK. My girls got their dresses for $99. And they are nice simple dresses that they can wear out to a fancy dinner. Their dresses were like a purple/blue color.

Hehe...I actually got my dress at the same time....for $199. thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 25th, 2005 at 08:38 PM
[Linked Image]

I'm soooo excited,I just love weddings!

The church is beautiful,Michele thumbup and the restaurant looks great!

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 25th, 2005 at 10:56 PM
looking good thumbup keep going and let us know when you get the rest of it done...
Posted By: mich168 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 27th, 2005 at 08:32 AM
Sorry that it took me this long to answer!

The wedding is March 25, 2006

The reception will acutally be in a private room called the "captin's cabin." It's a great room with a good view of the harbor, its own, seperate entrance and its own, seperate, set of bathrooms. It also has a fireplace! We will be having a buffet for guests.

We will be inviting about 60 people, but are sure some will not be showing up due to travel restictions of one kind or another.

The church sits a the top of a cliff and the restaurant is on a harbor, so I think you can see a theme developing! The Ocean.

The restaurant has a contract with Torrance Bakery, which I was glad to hear since I LOVE TORRANCE BAKERY! I want the cake to have stuff like coral and seashells on it. I also want to use candles and seashells for table center pieces at the reception.

Thats the update!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 27th, 2005 at 08:36 AM
Sounds FABULOUS!!!!!

I love the idea of having seashells and coral on the cake and for the decorations...kinda makes it Tropical thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 27th, 2005 at 10:50 AM
My niece got married Saturday and her bridesmaids wore a simple, black, long dress and carried red roses with the stems cut to about 10 inches - one rose on each stem- with the stems just together tight with some type of binding. You could see the stems at the top and bottom is what I'm trying to say. It was very pretty with her in the white. A good contrast.
Posted By: mich168 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 28th, 2005 at 12:20 PM
Sheri
Sounds like a lovely wedding! I think Blue will be the color for my maid of honor's dress. Besides, she looks good in blue!
Posted By: Merme Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 28th, 2005 at 02:22 PM
Your plans are shaping up wonderfully!

Oh, this is so exciting! Thanks for sharing.

Merme
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 28th, 2005 at 10:42 PM
That church looks realllllllllly nice (and neat)
Michelle...
Sounds like you've got a good jump on stuff...

What's next??

Flowers?
Fresh or Silk?

Bubbles?

Bird Seed?

Ring bearers' pillow?

Wishing Well?
**I took a real wooden one that would go in a garden, and put pastel flowers on it.. lady bugs and butterflies and then they put all the envelopes, etc. into it... then afterwards I used it in my garden now...everytime I look at it, it brings back memories**

Corsage's, Bouquets's, Boutineer's, table vases',
church pew seats???

Champagne, glasses?

Guest sign in book?

FOOD MENU???

Invitations????? *Home made or Speciality place?*

Yikes, lot's to do!!!

Keep us posted.. crit
Posted By: blooming idiot aka moutain laurel Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 29th, 2005 at 06:06 AM
hi michelle i'm new to the forum but want to say i love hearing wedding plans! so many choices for everything tho! that's why i declined a formal wedding--i am the world's worst procrastinator. i just knew i'd end up walking down the isle, wonder where all the guests were and then remember i never mailed the invites! i like the beachy theme. i did the flowers for one of my nieced and came up with a neat idea for the centerpices as i was browsing a silk flower wearhouse. i found these shallow shell shaped oversized bowls (turns out they were chip n dip bowls who knew?) i placed a pillar candle on the raised section (where the dip cup goes) and used floating candles in the bowl part. just wound dogwood blossomed branches on the table around the bottom of the bowl. simple and pretty--tho' my description might make it difficult to envision! anyway keep us posted. this is fun! i really like the wishing well idea too!
Posted By: Merme Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 29th, 2005 at 09:45 AM
Michele, here's a tradition that might interest you also....

In our tradition, brides always have the florist tuck one sprig of living ivy (with the root intact) into the bouquet.

After the wedding, the sprig is planted and becomes a thriving memorial to the big day...

Merme
Posted By: mich168 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - July 29th, 2005 at 11:20 AM
Good ideas all.

plans (can be altered)

Bubbles (no bird seed)

Print our own invites

fresh flowers for Bouquets's and Boutineer's
silk for the church.

Working on the rest!

Buffet (chicken, fish and beef)
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 7th, 2005 at 07:52 AM
Duh Got any gab updates crit for us Michelle????? smile
Posted By: mich168 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 7th, 2005 at 08:47 AM
Wow you dug this one up! LOL

We have a DJ for the reception.

and I got my dress and veil ordered. They should arrive in Nov. The dress will have to be altered as my bottom and top are two different sizes!

ROLF.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 7th, 2005 at 08:53 AM
Wow, you've got lot's done already..

What's next on the list???
Posted By: WyoMom Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 7th, 2005 at 09:37 AM
I just read through this, don't know how I missed it the first time around. I never had a big wedding so this is fun for me to read.

Nancy
P. S. You are getting married on my birthday:)
Posted By: mich168 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 10th, 2005 at 10:41 AM
Wyomom

It's not even a big wedding. Only about 50 guests.

Sigh. even with that, I am still having trouble with a certin Uncle of mine. Oh well, I have hope that may sort itself out without me stepping in for a 2nd time.

Its fun though. Up next, going to the bakery for the cake, presenting our food list to the Bluewater Grill.
Posted By: WyoMom Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 10th, 2005 at 10:57 AM
You sound so organized. I can hear(read) the excitement in your voice(words). Will you have pictures of your dress for us? I helped my sister and a friend of mine pick out their wedding dresses. I think that is my favorite part.
Nancy
Posted By: mich168 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 11th, 2005 at 07:59 AM
The Dress
http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=1896&prodgroup=10

And this is the veil
http://www.davidsbridal.com/accessory_detail.jsp?stid=2089&prodgroup=140

All white.
No I did not pay the prices on the website! LOL

Both have been ordered and are due in store in Nov.
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 11th, 2005 at 08:06 AM
OMG..is that dress ever beautiful!! Absolutely stunning!! I've never been married.....my bf and I are starting to plan our weekend. We want a tiny wedding, nothing fancy..except my dress!!! My mom is extremely talented with the sewing machine. She does bridesmaid dresses and wedding gowns on the side of her day job..so she can't wait to make (create) my wedding gown. I love your taste!
Christina
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 11th, 2005 at 09:04 AM
That dress is soooooooo beautiful!!!
Wow!!!!!!!!!!Very Nice!!!!!!

Been searchin' long, or did you find it right away?
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 11th, 2005 at 09:30 AM
My computer wouldn't let me see the picture of the dress! eek

But, it let me see the veil.

I want to see the dress so bad!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 11th, 2005 at 09:48 AM
Would I be able to "save" the picture
and mail it to you?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 11th, 2005 at 09:49 AM
Nope, that darn thing had a thing
on it you can't opposite click on it
and save it..
Darn it all!!! :p
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 11th, 2005 at 10:02 AM
Oh, well... :rolleyes:
I right clicked, went to "Properties", copied the "address"...nothing works.

Tomorrow when Andy goes to work I'll look at it on his computer! laugh
Posted By: mich168 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 11th, 2005 at 10:10 AM
Cindy,
I right clicked, and you need Macromedia Flash player to see it. You must not have that loaded. Get Flash loaded and you will see the dress!

I searched for about 2 week and tried on numerous dresses before I settled on that one. I was feeling, well, like a Barbie!

LOL
Posted By: mich168 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 11th, 2005 at 10:25 AM
ok, here it is:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: WyoMom Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 13th, 2005 at 08:20 PM
Wow!! That is just gorgeous. The veil will look so nice with it. I bet you can't wait for November when your dress arrives. Thanks for the pictures.
Nancy
Posted By: mich168 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 18th, 2005 at 06:37 AM
Went and picked out the cake this weekend. Carrotcake with pineapple. Cream Cheese frosting.

Yummy.

http://www.herecomestheguide.com/zine/NotYourGrandmothersWeddingCakeSoCal.htm

The first picture that pops up is basically what the cake will look like, except it will only have two layers.

Also bought Vince's Wedding ring. Got it from Robbins Brothers.

next up:
flw
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 18th, 2005 at 07:12 AM
oooh oooh oooh, the flowers are my favorite part! thumbup good luck, and let us know!

and what a pretty cake. and you know, i never thought to put pineapple in my carrot cake, but i bet it's good! gonna try it!!!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 18th, 2005 at 08:21 AM
That cake sounds realllllllllly good,
I mean it..
I love~love~love carrot cake and the frosting sounds heavenly...
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 18th, 2005 at 09:15 AM
Oh, that cake sounds delicious! grinnnn
...and I don't even like cake! shk

Cindy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 18th, 2005 at 10:09 AM
Mich...the cake in the pic looks like it has a fondant on it...will yours be the frosting or fondant? I was trying to enlarge it...(but couldn't) does it have sea shells on it? The cakes are my FAVORITE part! I think they make the reception....and they HAVE to be GOOD! Not just plain Jane wedding cake! Your choices are excellent...I wanna come!!!
The dress is out of this world and so is the veil....it is all going to be just beautiful! thumbup
Posted By: WyoMom Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 18th, 2005 at 10:21 AM
Oh wow!! Everything is looking so nice. I have never tried carrot cake with pineapple. Hubby loves carrot cake, I may just have to surprise him.
Nancy
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 18th, 2005 at 10:27 AM
Everything Vanessa said!!!
I LOVE your dress and veil!!!
And the cake looks sooooooooooo yummy!!!

What lucky guests you'll have - you have quite the flair for picking wonderful things!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 18th, 2005 at 10:29 AM
Your choices are excellent...I wanna come!!!
Webcam! grinnnn
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 18th, 2005 at 10:36 AM
GREAT IDEA!!!! thumbup
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 18th, 2005 at 11:05 AM
oh yeahhhhhhhhhh!!! thumbup clp
That would be alot of fun, wouldn't it be!!!!
Posted By: mich168 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 19th, 2005 at 08:36 AM
Cake is good, We got samples! LOL

No the cake will not have fondant, just that cream cheese frosting and yes it will have real sea shells on it!
Posted By: LF from MC Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 23rd, 2005 at 07:47 AM
This is really neat, first were having a baby on board, and now a Wedding angell
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 23rd, 2005 at 08:46 AM
Shoot...we will do anything to get to have a PARTY!!!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: moondance Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 23rd, 2005 at 10:22 AM
Wow! What a beautiful dress! I always put pineapple in my carrot cake-it is delious! Where are you going to go for your honeymoon?
Posted By: mich168 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 30th, 2005 at 07:03 AM
MY DRESS ARRIVED! EARLY smile

now, of course, it's in the shop for alterations, but I have the veil, at my house!

Also got the reception menu finalized. How does this sound?

Hors D' oeuvres

California Rolls
Cheese and Fruit display (don't ask me what the display looks like, I have no clue!)
Smoked Fish

Entree Selection (Buffet)

Polynesian Ginger Chicken Teriyaki
(breast of chicken marinated in ginger, garlic, soy sauce served with teriyaki sauce)

Roast Top Round of Beef
(medium rare with au jus and creamy horseradish)

Atlantic Salmon
(sauteend filet with lemon dill cream sauce)

Vegtables - 1/2 Confetti Rice and 1/2 Parsley Red Potatoes

House Salad - : romain, butter, red & green leaf lettuce, baby greens, roma tomatoes, red onions. Croutons and dressing on the side.

Are you all hungry yet?? LOL wavey
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 30th, 2005 at 07:11 AM
Man...I am trying to figure out how we are gonna get a big ol bite via webcam!

That sounds really like you have outdone yourself Mich...your guests are going to feel like royalty!
Posted By: geegeeburr Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 30th, 2005 at 08:09 AM
Mich, your dress and veil are SOOOOO beautiful. Everything else looks great, too, food looks DELICIOUS, and personally, I think thet's one of the most important things. The guests always remember the food. Go figure.

Hey, Vanessa, our cake had fondant icing. It was a beuatiful cake, and the lady made it exactly like the picture we gave her, but it didn't taste too great, and I think the problem was the fondant. Was the first time I had ever had it-- also will be the last. smile
(Good that you tasted yours ahead, Mich!)
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 30th, 2005 at 08:43 AM
Although they have come a long way with fondant...I have never had ANY that tasted good. I pretty much refused to use it at the bakery because I knew no one would be pleased with the taste. A lot of people want it for the looks...but I think the taste is much more important...and it just isn't very good!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - October 30th, 2005 at 09:14 AM
I am ready to come out there and sit
down at the table and wait for alllllll
those good eats!!!!
YUMMMMMMMMMY!!! REALLLLLLLLY GOODDDDDDDD!!!
Sounds very good indeed... thumbup

*and yes, the food is always something memorable.*
Posted By: mich168 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - November 9th, 2005 at 10:24 AM
Alas, we cannot have a web cam there. SOrry kids!

This weekend: interview florists and get the paper and ink for the printer, so I can start printing the invites! We already have the wording.

angell
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Wedding Plans, So far - November 9th, 2005 at 10:54 AM
Alas, we cannot have a web cam there. SOrry kids!
Ohhhhhhhhhh sure, take all the fun out
of it for us!!!! thumbup clp
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]