A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: phoenix Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:15 AM
This topic is for displaying pictures and such that we have hanging on our walls. Please everyone post what you want!! thumbup

this is a craypas drawing i did sophmore year in H.S.
[Linked Image]

These came out a little fuzzy (sorry)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is one of my favorites. It is a copy of an original painting by Rico Fonseca. It was painted 12/25/1972. He lives in Newport R.I. It's titled "THE MIRACLE"
[Linked Image]

And then ofcourse the fabulous Stevie Nicks
[Linked Image]

hope you enjoy!!!!!!
Posted By: Merme Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:18 AM
Cool beans, Phoenix! Thanks so.

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:22 AM
Wow, Phoenix...yours are done in an orderly fashion.
Very nice! thumbup

I do nothing in an orderly fashion...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My entire house looked like this before I packed it all up. :rolleyes:

Andy always said it made him "nervous" with so much "junk" on the walls.

laugh
Posted By: Meg Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:26 AM
Hmm.. been here 3 years, and still don't have my walls done. Darnit. Lemme see what he threw up on the walls upstairs to get it off the floor. (lots more on the floor in the bedroom yet tho!) laugh BRB.
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:26 AM
WOW Afgrey,
I LOVE the sock monkey and the picture of the watermelons. My walls would look like that but Jeff wouldn't alow that. To him that would be "cluttered". He is always telling his Mom to clear her walls a little.
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:38 AM
These are 2 commemoritive plates form the Bradford Exchange
this one is titled "unforgettable
[Linked Image]

this one is "in thier glory"
[Linked Image]
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:39 AM
Your VERY welcome Merme and you too TK kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:45 AM
To him that would be "cluttered".
Yeah...that might have been the word Andy :p used.
I gotta have my clutter then! laugh shocked

Rachel never could stand all the stuff on the walls when she was still at home...it embarrassed her because our house wasn't "normal" like everyone else's...
...hammock in the living room we had to climb a ladder to get into, porch swing in living room instead of a couch...you get the picture! laugh
Posted By: Meg Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:46 AM
Ok, six pics comin up.. think I'll split it into 2 posts..

First, this is called "Racehel". I loved it when I saw her, wanted it badly, but couldn't buy it. It was a hostess only gift thru home interiors. I was a kid. My mom earned so many points, she got that for me, because she knew I loved it so.
[Linked Image]

I do believe, this one is one I bought tho.. it's called "The Diary"
[Linked Image]

These 3 pieces I just aquired recently. They are not up on the wall, yet. I want to get them put up, I think near my puter. They are of course fan made artwork..
[Linked Image]

One more..
Posted By: Meg Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:48 AM
Ok, Steve threw this stuff up, just to get it off the floor.. it's not organized in any kind of way I'd have done it. Someday, I'll paint the room, and redo the pics in some different way..lol.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Some stuff still on the floor..
[Linked Image]

And ya know.. if I went looking.. I'd find a lot more stuff for the walls too..lol.
Meg
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:49 AM
Afgrey,
Sounds like my kind of livingroom!!!

GORGEOUS pics Meg!!!
I have a home interior book left over from sunday's party if you want lala lala
(bad influence?) lala
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:51 AM
confused didn't even think to post family pics Duh confused confused
Posted By: Meg Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 12:58 AM
Oh Phoenix.. I think I'm banned from anymore Home Interiors..lol. He may have my head if I got any more! laugh (But I still wouldn't mind seeing it!) grinnnn
Posted By: Triss Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:03 AM
Great walls everyone. Mine are pretty bare with a few collages of family pics here and there. Will have to snap a few shots. *adds to list of things to do*
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:08 AM
Meg I could mail one to you but the party is being closed on sunday. I could post pics for you ah ha ha ha
Posted By: Meg Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:10 AM
bummer. I shoulda asked about it before. No, wait, I'm not supposed to have anymore Home Interiors. laugh Shhh.
Posted By: Triss Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:16 AM
Well I just went to take a pic of the "kid wall" and realized that I seriously need to update it. There is not a single pic of Charlie up there. So I am going to remedy that one and rearrange the wall a bit. My project for this afternoon!
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:19 AM
Here are a few more. I need to get a good camera taking pics with the camera phone can be tough at times but here we go

this is my Mum in the 70's
[Linked Image]

me in my youth
[Linked Image]

Jeff's mom and niece
[Linked Image]

This is a greeting card I found at the CVS warehouse I LOVE THIS ONE (kinda sexy)
[Linked Image]

This is my Nana at 16yrs old
[Linked Image]
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:20 AM
I can keep a secret Meg
Posted By: Meg Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:22 AM
You framed a greeting card? Well, that's kinda neat.. I never thought to do that. Have had some really nice ones too. Hmm. I have a photo album from our wedding, with all our wedding cards in it tho.

Ok, makin me want to play with my walls now.. which is so not a good project for today..lol.

Meg
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:23 AM
Here is my kids room walls... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:28 AM
GREAT walls Nana!!! I loved "Toy Story"

You framed a greeting card?
YUP I did. It's made out of real thick paper. I haven't come across one like it since. I just really liked the picture. I have a thing for boxers (not the shorts) laugh laugh
Posted By: Merme Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:29 AM
Meg, I have a very large greeting card framed and hanging in my bedroom. It is wonderful. A painting of a dark haired angel holding a swan in her arms. The colors are muted but deep and it is lovely.

Merme
Posted By: Meg Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:31 AM
Originally posted by phoenix:
I have a thing for boxers (not the shorts) laugh laugh
Hehehe.. well, he does have a nice physique. wink Love seeing a guy hold a baby too. Awwe.
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:34 AM
Phoenix,
Our boys do too- ! We watch the DVD a lot!
I never thought of framing a card- what a cool idea- do want to make a collage or 10 out of the 30 years of Christmas cards I have saved, thought about covering a box with them too- one of these days when I am not doing anything else!
LOL!
Nana
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:39 AM
Meg
Love seeing a guy hold a baby too
thumbup thumbup

Those are great ideas Nana

I forgot to post this one. It's a very special one. It's a painting that my best friend Walter did. He said it's how he saw me.
[Linked Image]

I hope it comes out good it might be blurry
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:39 AM
Yeah it really doesn't look good I'll have to try again
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:45 AM
I think this one came out better
[Linked Image]
sorry for sorta double posting guys
Posted By: Triss Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:48 AM
That is a great pic Phoenix
Posted By: Meg Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:52 AM
Wow, very nice pic Pheonix. thumbup
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:53 AM
Thank you. Walter painted that about 10 years ago.
I believe (not sure though) it's in a gallery somewhere in New York. He did it from a picture he took of me sitting on the rocks in Naragansett R.I. one summer
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 01:55 AM
I have an album that contains roughly 200 pictures that Walter took of me that summer. He was trying to help me get a portfolio together for my "modeling" career.
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 02:20 AM
What a wonderful picture- !
Nana
Posted By: Fernie Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 02:44 AM
Are you guys bored? Taking pictures of pictures? :rolleyes:

Just kidding.....some really lovely paintings. And I love family photos. I put up a rogues gallery in every house I have lived in and it is floor to ceiling high and about 8 foot wide of photographs of family and friends. Then there is the top of the piano and the top of my computer desk and my bedside table and.......
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 02:49 AM
Well my freaky dahlings,
I must take my leave. My sister and a friend of hers are coming for din din so i must go and ponder what to make. Not to mention vacuume,dust and clean bathrooms. Homemakers work never ends. I will try to get back on later. If I can't get to sleep I will log in. Hope you all have a great afternoon/evening. If i don't get to log back in later or tonite see y'all in the MERNIN wink kissies luv luv
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 02:50 AM
Sorry I thought I was posting this in the coffee house shocked laugh
I'll run and put it there too wavey
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 04:08 AM
So many really cool things. I have much work to do so that I will have something to show too. I just have to be patient.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 05:03 AM
Sorry I thought I was posting this in the coffee house
I want some of whatever you and Jiffymouse are taking.
grinnnn
Posted By: Triss Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 06:30 AM
Well gang. I have been printing pics like crazy today and shifting frames and all that good stuff. I am so happy with the progress I have made and am really looking forward to getting my new wall up. Thanks for starting this topic so I could get in gear and get this done!
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 09:53 PM
I want some of whatever you and Jiffymouse are taking
believe it or not I was not under the influence of anything at that point. laugh laugh
WHY, what did jiffymouse do?
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 10:13 PM
TK,
I think these are the "round ones"?

This is an Indina Mandalla
[Linked Image]

This is my Kitchen Witch
[Linked Image]

These are a coule of frog plates from Jeff
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/frogstone2.bmp[/img]

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/frogstone1.bmp[/img]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 10:22 PM
WHY, what did jiffymouse do?
Same as you...replied in the wrong topic! laugh
Posted By: phoenix Re: Wall Art for TK - August 5th, 2005 at 10:24 PM
DUH!!!!!
see head...semi-detached nutz nutz laugh laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Wall Art for TK - August 7th, 2005 at 11:45 PM
Yep the frog plates. That's what I wanted a close up of. Couldn't tell what they were with my eyesight. Hum those look much larger than ordinary plates. So please tell me more about your frog plates? That makes me think I may want to see if I can do something mozaic for the walls. Wonder about the weight of the object though. How big are yours and what did you have to do to suspend them? And how secure do you think they are?

I am soooooooooo nosey.

Hey Triss isn't it great when you get working on a project that's been on the to do list for a while. I always love that.
Posted By: Triss Re: Wall Art for TK - August 8th, 2005 at 03:11 AM
I have been ahving fun with it but as of yet a single pic on not back up on the wall. I need to go upstairs to the dreaded closet and find some frames. I will probably start putting it togetehr tomorrow.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Wall Art for TK - August 8th, 2005 at 07:19 AM
We all have a little wierdness in us. This is at the top of my stairs. The grandchildren call him Arthur.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Merme Re: Wall Art for TK - August 8th, 2005 at 08:10 AM
Bestofour, seeing your last picture gave me a chuckle.

A few years ago one of our neighbors was selling a 7 ft tall replica of The Statue of Liberty in her yard sale. The torch lit up.

Well, Maxi has always adored Lady Liberty and was heartbroken when I said we couldn't buy her. If he'd had his way that day, Liberty would be adorning some niche in our place right now.

It is always fascinating what inspires people, isn't it?

Merme
Posted By: Francine Re: Wall Art for TK - August 8th, 2005 at 09:29 AM
Meg,

Rachel and the diary are GEORGOUS,just my taste,they re So romantic i want one too eek laugh .
Posted By: Francine Re: Wall Art for TK - August 8th, 2005 at 09:31 AM
Nana,

what a wall...wow!
Posted By: Francine Re: Wall Art for TK - August 8th, 2005 at 09:34 AM
pheonix,

what s a mandella and how does it differ from a dremcatcher.

thankx.
Posted By: Francine Re: Wall Art for TK - August 8th, 2005 at 09:36 AM
best o four,

what a beauty,of course this is the perfect name,imagine king arthur.it doesnt show weirdness ,it shows an interrest in history and culture.
Posted By: Triss Re: Wall Art for TK - August 8th, 2005 at 09:51 AM
What a great statue Sheri. He is sitting there guarding your home. So how often has he scared you on a dark night?
Posted By: Meg Re: Wall Art for TK - August 8th, 2005 at 05:38 PM
Triss, that was my thoughts too.. neat armour, but scary sometimes??

Francine, thank you so much for the compliments. Those 2 pieces are quite old.. have had since I was a kid, about 10 or so years old. That means those 2 pieces are about 25 years old! shk I don't even know if you can get them anymore.. they were Home Interiors. And of course, Rachel was a Hostess only gift, you couldn't buy it, it could only be earned as a hostess gift for having parties. So glad my mommy loved me enough to get her for me.. she was a lot of "points" to spend on one item.

Meg
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Wall Art for TK - August 8th, 2005 at 06:01 PM
You guys are right. When we first got him it would scare me when I'd just catch a glance. It scares a lot of people when they start up the stairs. Good for burgulars, I guess.
Posted By: Triss Re: Wall Art for TK - August 8th, 2005 at 10:02 PM
Well I'd take a few scares for something that cool!
Posted By: Triss Re: Wall Art for TK - August 9th, 2005 at 07:09 AM
Well I finally finished up my wall. Here is what I started with
[Linked Image]

And here is what it looks like now. I do need to straighten a few pics but I love the cluttered "mess" of my family done this way.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Meg Re: Wall Art for TK - August 9th, 2005 at 08:21 AM
Wow Triss, that's some wall!!! If I put up all my kid's pics, I'm sure there'd be almost as much! laugh

Meg
Posted By: Triss Re: Wall Art for TK - August 9th, 2005 at 09:54 AM
That is the thing Meg, those are no where close to ALL of the pics. I put three of each of the 6 alone up there, plus the rest of the family and group shots. I'd cover all the walls if I put them all up.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]