A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper Ooops - July 21st, 2005 at 06:37 AM
Now, I've been thinking and looking and I've decided I have a couple of problems here.

First of all the Coleus and Purple Passion Plant are not the right colors for the livingroom. Since they are plants is that ok? Or do I need to relocate them?

Second of all if the dinningroom is going to be in rust, yellow, and olive green I definitely need to rethink the cobalt blue dishes. Anyone seen any inexpensive dishes that might go with a south seas island theme?
Posted By: Fernie Re: Ooops - July 21st, 2005 at 09:58 AM
Your plants can be spots of color not otherwise introduced in a room. They don't have to match the overall color scheme. Actually I think the spot of purple in your blue and green living room would be a very nice touch.

Have you ever seen fiestaware dishes? They are solid colors and not cheap. Walmart and Kmart both sell knockoffs of fiestaware. You can buy a set for a 4 place setting for under $20 I think. Next time you are in Walmart, check out the dishes, you might find something really fun and not too expensive. Or you can buy open stock dishes and that way just get what you want instead of a bunch more coffee mugs and whatevers you don't need. Something to check out anyway.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Ooops - July 21st, 2005 at 10:23 AM
I'll look it over thanks Fernie. I couldn't think of a thing except what I had didn't go. A place I find myself if often lol.
Posted By: Fernie Re: Ooops - July 22nd, 2005 at 12:37 AM
And I am wondering why a spot of blue won't look cool in your tropical dining room? YOu need some ocean don't you??????
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Ooops - July 22nd, 2005 at 01:45 AM
Well maybe when I start getting some stuff for the dinningroom I'll be able to see the blue but my imagination isn't up to the task yet. Of course right now the dinningroom table is comepletely covered in craft and gardening stuff so not very attractive lol. I really should start squaring stuff away. I guess I'm feeling lazy. Maybe tomorrow lol.
Posted By: Fernie Re: Ooops - July 22nd, 2005 at 07:04 AM
NO rush kiddo.....but as I was driving home today, I thought......sea foam green...... pale turquoise.......pale blue.....coral....

TELL ME TO QUIT!!!!!

salmon? lime green?

AAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Ooops - July 22nd, 2005 at 08:04 AM
Fernie did someone spike your coffee?

lol just kidding.

I want to go for the warm colors in the the dinningroom because it also doubles as my work room when I'm crafting. So it has to be able to sustain a fair amount of mess. And the rust olive green were colors that were already in the tiger mirror trio of paintings.

Is any of this ringing a bell?

The colors you mention are really pretty but I don't think they are going the direction I'm looking for in the dinningroom.
Posted By: Fernie Re: Ooops - July 22nd, 2005 at 11:27 PM
Coral/salmon is actually in the rust family (I have rust in my bedroom and a coral chest that I was delighted to see I didn't have to paint), and lime green goes terrific with olive green. I just was running all the colors through my head to see if they would go with your color scheme. I couldn't seem to stop wondering if this or that color would go eventhough I said the blue might be ok. YOu know how I am when I get started on the decorating bug!!! nutz
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Ooops - July 23rd, 2005 at 06:16 AM
I love it when the decorating bug kidnaps you. It's great. I'm trying to get myself motivated to do anything right now and having zero luck. I know it's just my response to the counselling and it'll past but I hate all the wasted days until it does.

Takes me 3 days to get back on track after a session. Which explains why I go once every two weeks rather than every week. I'd never get anything done.

I think I see where you headed with the colors. I'm going to have to sneak over to the fabric department when I go back to wal-marts. They aren't colors I would think of myself. I have a tendency to you for really intense colors. About as far from the pastels as it is possible to go I guess.

And after having a pink and white bedroom as a kid I definitely don't care for the pinks indoors at least. Although outdoors they are turning out to be enjoyable. I'll look at the colors you mentioned when I go to Wal-mart. I know I'm much happier when I listen to you very closely.

I think I'm just having a knee jerk reaction lol.
Posted By: Fernie Re: Ooops - July 24th, 2005 at 09:48 AM
Ick....no pastels. I am thinking BRIGHT colors of the ones I suggested. Not the pastel versions.

You can breathe now...... grinnnn
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Ooops - July 24th, 2005 at 05:30 PM
lol. [big breath]

Ok, I will definitely see what I can find.

I just woke up and got my first cup of coffee so I'm not very alert yet lol. Hopefully it will improve rapidly.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ooops - July 25th, 2005 at 11:37 PM
I think the colors that Fernie suggested are great! I especially love the greens....lime green/olive green/hunter green/sage....I can never get away from the greens...LOL

Can't wait to see what you two come up with for the dining room!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Ooops - July 26th, 2005 at 12:52 AM
I wish I could start on it sooner but it's going to take some time.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Ooops - July 26th, 2005 at 03:12 AM
Well, that just gives you more time to plan things out and get it just the way you want it.....Redecorating a room can get expensive....
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]