A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 27th, 2005 at 07:00 PM
Wish I had a picture to start this one off with but...this is the best I could do.

[Linked Image]

it's the twotoned canna and the bloom is the orange color with a little bit of yellow near the center. Wish I took better pictures.
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 27th, 2005 at 07:27 PM
wavey Tammy that is beautiful you sure did a good job with that Canna. I too don't have anything to post right now. Good to see you on was getting concerned if you were ok.
Jimmy
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 27th, 2005 at 07:30 PM
Spending a lot of time napping but other than that not bad. I don't do to well in the heat. How are you doing?
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 27th, 2005 at 07:38 PM
I am ok just fighting the old back and legs. Got some rain this morning sure felt good I just stood out in it to soak up as much as possible.
only 74 right now makes me wonder if I need a coat.Been so hot lately.
Jimmy
Posted By: trynhard Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 27th, 2005 at 10:12 PM
Here is some that is blooming here now.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 27th, 2005 at 10:36 PM
Nice blooms trynhard. What is the pink one? The white is a hibiscus right? I don't know much about plants yet.
Posted By: trynhard Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 27th, 2005 at 11:21 PM
Thank you, They are both officially hibiscus but the white one if more commonally called a hibiscus, the pink one is a Collie Mullens Hibiscus, it is a type of Rose of Sharon.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 27th, 2005 at 11:38 PM
I swear, I could smell that pink one as soon as I saw the picture!
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 28th, 2005 at 01:16 AM
Here are my blooms...

Finally, some Glads
[Linked Image]

More lilies....not sure how many blooms...is it a triple or a quad!???
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And this isn't really a bloom...but I just love it when the Clematis goes into seed!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 28th, 2005 at 02:17 AM
I love the lilies those are great.
Posted By: mike57 Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 28th, 2005 at 06:22 AM
wavey HI ALL. beautiful plants n flower photos all of you wavey flw flw
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 28th, 2005 at 08:06 AM
[Linked Image]

This is what's growing in my garden today.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 28th, 2005 at 08:10 AM
lol

She is so cute. Decided she wanted her very own pot today huh? Is she going to let you fill it up with potting soil and water her everyday?

Just kidding.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 28th, 2005 at 09:21 PM
Some "critter" pics i took yesterday...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: Meg Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 29th, 2005 at 12:09 AM
L O V E that middle butterfly!!! So beautiful!!

Last one.. kinda creepin me out here g-mom! But I love it anyway! grinnnn

Meg
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 29th, 2005 at 12:15 AM
That yellow butterfly is a big one isn't it? Wow.
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 29th, 2005 at 01:12 AM
Love all of the pictures. I need to get out today and take some.

I cannot wait to start my Hibiscus next year. That is one lovely plant!

G-Mom... What is that flower in the first butterfly shot. It is SO vibrant!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 29th, 2005 at 04:18 AM
G-Mom!!!

I HAVE TO HAVE SEEDS FROM THAT ZINNIA!!!!!
The one with the butterfly.
PLEASE give me seeds!

I will give you my next child!!!
(...well...with the hysterectomy and all, you might be waiting a long time for that miracle!)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 29th, 2005 at 06:54 PM
I will give you my next child!!!
frown frown frown frown

laugh

I've got some that I'm waiting to dry out...will be sending you and TK some when they are ready! What doesn't show in the pic is that they are almost 5ft tall thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 29th, 2005 at 09:45 PM
G-Mom. What kind of zinnia was that and is it really so vibrant? I just love it!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 29th, 2005 at 10:43 PM
Yep I've got a pink that has bunches and bunches of petals really full. I'm going to be watching that carefully. Hopefully no one picks it before I can harvest it. That's a good one.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 30th, 2005 at 05:44 AM
I don't know what kind of zinnia it is and yes it is that vibrant! I received the packet in a seed swap and it was labeled "Whirleygig" Zinnia.

See how tall they are! (I'm 5'2") Can you see the ones that are at my shoulder?
[Linked Image]

Heres my Pomegranites that I started from seed this year...they are really doing good thumbup
[Linked Image]

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 30th, 2005 at 06:08 AM
Those are really really tall. Will the Pomegranites become trees? Or are they a bush?
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 30th, 2005 at 06:09 AM
Hi Gmom, it's nice to know what everyone looks like.
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 30th, 2005 at 06:22 AM
wow those are beautiful zinnias g-mom! if you have a couple seeds to spare could ya keep me in mind? I'm sure I could find something that would interest you :-)
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 30th, 2005 at 06:34 AM
I wouldn't mind one or two of those either G-Mom. Beautiful!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - July 30th, 2005 at 08:29 PM
The lastest Canna Bloom. I think this one has more yellow than the other one. Although they seem a lot a like to me. sorry about the picture quality.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mike57 Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 1st, 2005 at 07:53 AM
wavey HI All heres a photo of one of my hydrangeas thats blooming great right now its still getting more white color to it the blooms are still kinda green looking.The top blooms are almost as big as a basketball.just thought i would share a photo of it with you all.
G-mom thoses plants look realy pretty very nice wavey flw flw
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 1st, 2005 at 07:59 AM
as big as a basketball that's big. How you doing Mike?
Posted By: mike57 Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 1st, 2005 at 09:37 AM
wavey HI TK been a little run down lately not filling up to par wavey flw flw
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 1st, 2005 at 07:20 PM
Beautiful Canna,TK!

Love the Hydrangea,Mike thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 1st, 2005 at 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear your not feeling well that's terrible. Get to feeling better real soon. Sending you good thoughts and better wishes.
Posted By: Fernie Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 05:54 AM
Tammy quit saying your photoes are awful. I love the pic of the orange and yellow canna. It is gorgeous. By the by, I just harvested some pick snap dragon seeds for you today! I am getting ready to leave on my camping trip on Friday so I will send them off to you somewhere around Aug 15, ok?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 06:13 AM
coolio pink snapdragons to go with the yellow and red. Can't wait. I want to get some of the white and cream but haven't heard of anyone having them yet. Maybe this fall huh?

Have a great trip be safe. Take your time sending them I won't try to plant them tell late winter anyway.

That's if I can get potting soil lol.
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 08:40 AM
Wanted to share a few of my pics.

These are 4 O'Clocks that I just planted a couple of weeks ago. I am very happy with their progress so far.
[Linked Image]

And also Lemon Basil I just planted
[Linked Image]

My first Bell Peppers
[Linked Image]

And finally Tomatillos that are just sprouting up ALL over my yard. A very nice surprise.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: phoenix Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 08:59 AM
I have a half inch egg on my wonder egg tree!!!
I'm so excited i could just split!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 09:11 AM
Way cool!
Posted By: phoenix Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 09:14 AM
I will get a picture of it tomorrow and post it so you can see one
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 09:17 AM
I'd love to see it!
Posted By: phoenix Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 09:20 AM
No problem, I might need a reminder though
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 09:24 AM
Well that probably wont come from me then. I lose my brain about 9am when all the kids are moving laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 10:18 AM
Wow, Triss,

Looks like your garden is really getting out there and putting on a show. I'm curious about your Tomatillos. I don't think I know what they are.

Phoenix, I think because you were busy for soooooo long you need to take a picture of everything so we are all caught up on your gardens. Anyway I need a tour of the new property inside and out. I am sooooooo nosey lol. I just know the new place is great so I want a photo exposa(sp).
Posted By: phoenix Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 10:25 AM
TK, I have some in my photobucket album. Just click on it and you can view the photos.
I have to go to bed now, but I'll see you tomorrow
Good night my dear. Sweet dreams kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 08:32 PM
Ya know TK, I have to do some research on them myself. About all I know is that they are a green tomatoe. I will let you know when I know more. They make great salsa!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 09:01 PM
About the closest I get to salsa is the taco bell mild hot sauce lol. And I love that stuff and am so glad that the grocery store carries it now. But thanks for the info. I didn't know there was a tomato that was suppose to stay green.

Well four of the canna all bloomed today and they are the yellow with some orange dots near the center. I'd take a picture but it's 80 going on 200 degrees out there. Real wet noodle weather for me.
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 10:47 PM
Tammy,

If we get enough tomatoes and peppers to can a bunch of salsa, I will have to send you some.
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 10:48 PM
A Tomatillo is a Mexican Tomato that is green comes in various sizes has a brown husk you have to peel off then wash it so you can use it. It is more dense then the regular or European Tomato most people here use. I bought about 10 the other day for 99cents. I made salsa with them ,onion,garlic,Chile De Armole,Jalapeno,Habanero chili's as well as pablano and anaheim pepper, cilantro. Also cut up a small tomato I picked. My cilantro did not come up this year.
Jimmy
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 10:59 PM
Cilantro is one thing I have never liked in salsa, Jimmy. I just cannot enjoy that flavor very much. But all the otehr stuff sounds really good. Thanks for the great explanation of a tomatillo.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 11:03 PM
Grrrrrrrh. I just typed a really long post for this string and it went to post heaven. I hate it when that happens.

JV ty for the explanation. Sorry to hear about your cilantro. Mine came up like gang busters inspite of being mistreated because I didn't know what I was doing with it.

Triss thank you for the offer of salsa but I get heart burn really really badly so I don't do any hot or spicy foods. I shouldn't even do the sweet onions and things like that but there are some things that I just can not resist. Do you have that problem? I sure do.
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 11:06 PM
Nope, I can pretty much eat anything. I will have to just think of you then when I make it. Wish you could enjoy it though.
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 2nd, 2005 at 11:08 PM
Tk I can't take cilantro way most people over use it. I use just enough for seasoning and not enough to over power the rest of the food. That way you can enoy it rather then be made ill from the over powering flavor and aroma.
Jimmy
Posted By: Meg Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 01:26 AM
Haven't posted new photos in awhile. Here's some with my new camera.

One of my last blooming pansies-
[Linked Image]

One of the mini yellow roses-
[Linked Image]

Hot Pink!
[Linked Image]

A morning glory that grows wild here-
[Linked Image]

They cover my fence-
[Linked Image]

Meg
Posted By: phoenix Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 01:43 AM
Here is my newest bloom
[Linked Image]

I get a few more everyday now thumbup
Posted By: Meg Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 01:44 AM
That's so cute Pheonix! What is that?
Posted By: phoenix Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 01:46 AM
It's a day lilly that's my hand at the bottom. I had to bend it down a little so I could get a good shot of it
Posted By: phoenix Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 01:47 AM
I LOVE those morning glories of yours. I keep telling Jeff that i want a fence just to have all kinds of vines grow on it
Posted By: Meg Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 01:51 AM
I never planted those morning glories.. they are weeds here. I just can't get rid of them.. so I let them go. They are annuals, but reseed a LOT. Plus, I swear, the vines must come up from roots underground all over the place too! laugh I don't mind them on the fence, but when they start winding around my other plants, I start yanking them, or they choke them out. I wish I had the pretty big morning glories.. these are tiny. I've seen some varieties that get nice big flowers, in pretty blues too.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 02:47 AM
wow, wow, wowza, wow

bill quality photos if I've ever seen them. Those are some really great photos meg. That must be some camera you got.
Posted By: Meg Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 02:51 AM
shocked Thanks TK. I don't know if I am as artistic as Bill with the photos. I just love taking all kinds of snapshots, and yes, the camera was pricey $$$ so that helps me a lot. Otherwise, they'd be dark, blurry, etc.. cuz I can't hold a camera without shaking. My breathing alone messes me up. frown

Meg
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 03:14 AM
Hey meg check out the seed exchange we have a member in japan (i think) that has some really fantastic looking morning glories.
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 04:33 AM
Beautiful new flowers everyone.

Love your Pink one Meg and that one of your Phoenix is gorgeous!
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 07:56 AM
Wanna see my bloomers today?
Bloom on my Pink Braided Hibiscus
[Linked Image]
Bloom on my Pink Versicolor Hibiscus
[Linked Image]
The next two are same flower different angle Largo Breeze Hibiscus
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 08:01 AM
Rest of my bloomers for today
Hardy Hibiscus grows 6 ft tall to about 4ft wide.
[Linked Image]
Golden Wind Hibiscus
[Linked Image]
All above are Tropical and comes in each winter except the hardy.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 08:45 AM
wow JV looking good there kiddo. But weren't you suppose to be taking it easy today?
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 08:53 AM
Tammy I did!! laugh as I did not go down the steps in my wheel chair laugh also did not try it on my crutches as I would have fell and busted my petunia all over the yard laugh . With spots help I hobbled down on my cane and took these he was right there for me to hold on to. Just could not let these get by me.
Glad you like them.
Jimmy
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 08:57 AM
Those are stunning JV. Love the peach ones!
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 09:56 AM
Thank you Triss I am very proud of them.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 10:12 AM
<whit whew> Wow JV ya got some nice lookin bloomers there! laugh Thanks for sharing! Now please excuse me while I go find a tissue to wipe up this drool...
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 10:18 AM
Jeepers what beautiful flowers. You've done some wonderful gardening there.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 02:34 PM
lol @ Mary,

I know the feeling. They sure are nice.
Posted By: Meg Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 3rd, 2005 at 05:09 PM
I can't decide which color I like best!! I adore the yellow.. it has such a tranquil feeling to it. The pinks, well, I love pink.. it's a romantic color to me, and I had a pink one last year that ended up gone after the winter's freeze. frown The peach / orange colored ones, give me a warm fuzzy feeling.. so, it's hard to pick a favorite. They are all so beautiful JV!!
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 4th, 2005 at 02:30 AM
Surprise lilies - and they certainly did!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

wink
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 4th, 2005 at 03:50 AM
Mary your lillies are beautiful all I had was yellow and they all died after they bloomed one time. I was very disappointed will not mess with lillie again will enjoy everyone else's .
that is a pretty color too.
Jimmy
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 4th, 2005 at 03:56 AM
Here is what I have for today.
Brazilian Rock Rose same plant two shots.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Candy Wind Hibiscus two blooms on same plant.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Love those Rock Rose all though Hibiscus is my favorite flower with Rose's and Coleus
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 4th, 2005 at 05:37 AM
More beautiful pics today! I just love this thread, it is so inspiring. I am keeping a list of things I want for my garden based on all I am seeing!
Posted By: Meg Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 4th, 2005 at 07:02 AM
One of my peacock orchids decided to make an appearance. I thought it was gonna be more glads.. the foliage was looking the same.. till the flower stalk appeared.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 4th, 2005 at 08:06 AM
Meg that orchid is beautiful. Orchids always are pretty but yours are as pretty as I have seen. Good work on them.
Jimmy
Posted By: Carly Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 4th, 2005 at 08:46 AM
I don't know if any of you remember my picking those little wee plants out of the grass and transplanting them into a couple of spots at the beginning of the season - I'm figuring on them being forget-me-nots - that's how it looked from last year's experiment:

[Linked Image]

They're coming on nicely, as you can see - it will be interesting to see if they do anything by fall. If not, I'll be watching them grow next spring.
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 4th, 2005 at 10:08 AM
WOW Meg, those are pretty. I thought orchids were really hard to grow as in they had to be inside under very strict conditions.
Posted By: Meg Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 4th, 2005 at 04:57 PM
I think these may be slightly different than traditional orchids.. it's called a peacock orchid, and it's a tiny bulb, that I *think* you're supposed to bring in over the winter.. but I likely won't be doing that. So, if they come back after this year, it'll be amazing. :rolleyes:
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 5th, 2005 at 09:49 PM
Oh you have to bring in one or two ok. If you don't want to deal with them I will try to keep them going for you. I can send you postage ok? I am trying to type one handed and it isn't working lol.

Carly hope your flowers bloom this year. They look really healthy to me, but then what do I know.
Posted By: Karrie Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 5th, 2005 at 10:12 PM
Ok here are a few of my pictures of what has been blooming this week

[img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/daisey_diesel/album?.dir=35fc&.src=ph[/img]

That is the most recent photos and here is one I want to share I got it yesterday at Karate I was so pleased with it.By far best bloom I have raised!
[img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/daisey_diesel/detail?.dir=ce7e&.dnm=e159.jpg&.src=ph[/img]
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 6th, 2005 at 01:22 AM
Karrie,

Your pics didn't come thru.
Posted By: Karrie Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 6th, 2005 at 01:27 AM
let me see if I can fix that I am awful with posting pics on here I cannot figure out how they actually get the pic instead of the link to show up on here!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/daisey_diesel/album?.dir=35fc&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/daisey_diesel/my_photos

And here is the other one : http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/daisey_diesel/detail?.dir=ce7e&.dnm=e159.jpg&.src=ph

That picture is a few weeks old he is now a yellow belt he wanted me to make sure everyone knows that! Male Ego!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 6th, 2005 at 01:35 AM
All those pics are great! thanks for sending teh album links.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 7th, 2005 at 05:25 AM
We've got some more surprise lilies. They're really impressive in front of the yuccas that are done flowering. Just thought I'd share another picture or 2 with ya

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 7th, 2005 at 08:19 AM
Hey Mary,

That first photograph is first class. It looks really classy. And the lillies look really good. Next year my little plot is going to look better. I just know it is. You all help keep at it by showing me what all you accomplish.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 8th, 2005 at 02:38 AM
Thanks T! here are some celosia's for ya

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Cosmos
[Linked Image]

Mums trying!
[Linked Image]

PS is that normal? They're blooming on the inside, but waiting to burst on the outside - I had to pull back some top growth to get a pic of that flower, which is like in the middle of it - weird!
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 8th, 2005 at 05:00 AM
Mary, my mums do that too. It seems opposite of what should happen. I keep my mums cut back so they don't bloom until September. I like having some fall flowers.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 8th, 2005 at 05:15 AM
The marigolds seeds I sent you do that thing like the mums too. But as the season progresses you have blooms everywhere. Inside outside and anywhere they can finagle the space.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 9th, 2005 at 06:21 AM
Ohh...do ya mean mine will come up now but not september? I only pinched them once, as they got done blooming back in...uhm...mayjune? (that's one long month laugh ) Should I have kept pinching them back so they'd bloom later?
Posted By: SuzyQ Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 9th, 2005 at 07:19 AM
The flowers you have all shown are really beautiful! I'm fairly new to gardening and at first thought it was only work. But now, what a fun hobby it's turned out to be! I finally understand! lol. I've learned so many tips lately browsing through these boards and I'm so glad to have found this site.

I live in a 3A zone with a short season so the education is taking awhile but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Hope you don't mind if I share some of my favourite blooms here with you.

These are my Columbine and they popped up in early June. I still have a few late bloomers even now but they're nearly done.
[Linked Image]

a side view
[Linked Image]

My Irises came up near the end of June. They look nice but don't last that long unfortunately.
[Linked Image]

Lilies. They bloomed here around the last week of July and first week of August but they're done as well now.
[Linked Image]

I just love the colour of this one so I had to get real close. lol
[Linked Image]

Well, that's it for now. Thanks a bunch for sharing yours and for taking the time to look mine.

~Suzy~
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 9th, 2005 at 07:26 AM
Suzy, those are pretty. I never knew Columbine could be so pretty. I jsut remember them as a kid in the mountains of Colorado and very small, almost weedlike. Yours are vibrant!
Posted By: Meg Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 9th, 2005 at 08:08 AM
Oh Wow!! Those are all beautiful pictures of your flowers Suzy!!

Triss, I had the exact same columbine this year. I believe somewhere I've posted pics of it..lol.

So, my blue glads finally started to open up!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Meg
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 9th, 2005 at 09:48 AM
Oh those are pretty too. The dark backgroud really makes them stand out!
Posted By: JV Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 9th, 2005 at 05:52 PM
SuzieQ your plants are really beautiful. Meg love your flowers all they are all so pretty makes me jealous. laugh Makes me wish I had some of everything. laugh
Jimmy
Posted By: Meg Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 9th, 2005 at 06:08 PM
Triss, the dark backgroud is because I took the photos at about dusk. We have a light colored house (lt. gray) but since it was getting dark out, & I set my camera for a night shot even tho it wasn't dark.. I think it just brought out more of what I was trying to take a photo of. Just lucky, with a really expensive camera! laugh

JV, believe me.. I know what it means to want one of everything. I have a pretty tiny yard, getting smaller by the day it would seem.. and no place to put all the stuff I want!

Ya know.. I ordered a "group" of bulbs from Breck's this spring. They will ship in the fall (around Oct. I think). Umm.. I think the collection had something like, 70 tulips? shk I have NO idea where I'm gonna put all these!

Meg
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 9th, 2005 at 10:00 PM
My puter is doing the super slow load thing grrrrrrh. But these pictures were worth the wait thanks for posting.

SuzyQ everyone is welcome to post their pictures hear that's what it's for.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 9th, 2005 at 10:11 PM
70 tulips? I have NO idea where I'm gonna put all these!
idea I have an idea! Put em in a box and ship em to me laugh

oh well, it was worth a try wink
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 9th, 2005 at 10:22 PM
Great one Mary. On the tulips, you can intermix them with your annuals and perennials since they bloom earlier in the season (at least here they do)

In my garden I have the daffodiles right under the place where all my flowers are now.

One guy in town has several big circles in his yard of bulbs and in the early spring the center is daffodiles, mid spring is the tulips in the middle and right now is the cannas on the outside. They are great and always full of color.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 10th, 2005 at 12:12 AM
Triss that's a great idea - I've been trying to plan a 3 season 'garden' for at least one or two of my beds...that gives me a good place to start. Thanks for sharing the idea! wink
Posted By: Triss Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 10th, 2005 at 12:22 AM
Not a problem. This house I was speaking of is on my way to the kids school so each time I pass it I make a mental note of what is blooming and when. It is, in my opinion, the most beautiful yard in all of Hastings. Color ALL year long!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Blooming Heaven Part 5 - August 10th, 2005 at 12:40 AM
Yeap I definitely want to do something like that. It makes the garden so much more interesting and pleasing.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]