A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: hinda ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - October 31st, 2005 at 05:26 PM
i thought it ws simple but i cant figure out how to take what i want to quote and put it into my reply. boy do i feel dumb shocked :rolleyes: so, friends, i am counting on you to HELP!!! thanx
ps. i think i am going to plant garlic in a couple of days, i know it doesnt sound so exciting but for me it os. and hopefully it will do better than the stuff i lantd in the summer(almost everything died) eek
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - October 31st, 2005 at 06:29 PM
Like it really isn't safe for ME to be explaining this...but I will try.

Copy & paste the "quote" you want to use. If you aren't familiar with how to copy & paste....simply left click your mouse and scan over the part of the post you want to quoye, this will highlight it. Then left click on the highlighted part and choose ...copy.
When you are posting...go to the tabs under the post box...choose "quote"...then in between the quotations...left click then right click on "paste"....and there you ahve it. There may be an easier way to do it...but this is the only way I know...hope this helps. If I have totally confused you, someone will come along and correct me to where you will understand.....give her a try! thumbup
Posted By: Steph321 Re: ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - October 31st, 2005 at 08:59 PM
Hello Hinda and 4Ruddy, glad you ask that because I didn't know either. Thanks 4Ruddy (I think)

******Steph wavey
Posted By: papito Re: ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - October 31st, 2005 at 09:59 PM
If you are using the "QUICK REPLY" form, you can:

1. Copy & Paste.[See Vanessa/4Ruddy post above]

2. At the beginning, type QUOTE inside [ ]

3. At the end, type /QUOTE inside [ ]
Posted By: hinda Re: ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - November 1st, 2005 at 03:22 AM
thanks so much!
[QUOTE]. Copy & Paste.[See Vanessa/4Ruddy post above]

2. At the beginning, type QUOTE inside [ ]

3. At the end, type /QUOTE inside [/QUOTE ]
Posted By: hinda Re: ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - November 1st, 2005 at 03:23 AM
oops, i guess i am not so smart! shocked frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - November 1st, 2005 at 03:31 AM
you almost had it. you just got a space inside the brackets with the /quote. try again!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - November 1st, 2005 at 04:04 AM
(I think)
Yes...be very cautious of what I tell you!!!! laugh It is a very scary thought to think I would be giving ANYBODY instructions on ANYTHING having to do with the computer...much less the forum! Mr. Bill is probably in a panic right now!!!!! laugh
Posted By: comfrey Re: ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - November 1st, 2005 at 04:19 AM
Well the easiest way is to hit the quote " " button on the post you want to quote from, then you can edit or delete the parts you don't want.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - November 1st, 2005 at 04:31 AM
thumbup that is so true comfrey, and would have been so easy to say! laugh laugh but... like all true gardeners, we tend to do things the hard way laugh laugh
Posted By: hinda Re: ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - November 1st, 2005 at 04:04 PM
Well the easiest way is to hit the quote " " button on the post you want to quote from, then you can edit or delete the parts you don't want.

did this work this time?
Posted By: hinda Re: ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - November 1st, 2005 at 04:05 PM
muggs thanx everyone!!!
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: ok, i give up. how do you quote?!?!?!? - November 1st, 2005 at 11:06 PM
this is just all way too complicated. Just copy what someone else wrote, don't put quotations around it and claim it for your own. If they complain about it tell them it was really your idea first anyway so it doesn't count. It only works though if you steal a good idea, otherwise you just sound unedjamacated.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]