A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: jmacd uses for old yard incinerators - July 9th, 2005 at 02:00 AM
wavey Hi all,

Here I am again on a quest for ideas. confused

Besides those t-pole clothesline posts, my yard has, way back in the corner, an old concrete incinerator with an iron lid. It's against the law to burn nowdays in the city, so there it sits. I put leaves in it last fall, thinking they'd compost...but not enough air circulation, so there's still a bunch of matted leaves.

I was wondering if anybody had a great inspiration about a new use for something like that. The thing is about waist high, and about 30 inches in diameter. Down at ground level is a foot wide by 5" tall opening for cleaning out the ashes. Inside it used to have a grate that looks like it could be moved up and down by a handle that still is attached on the outside.

thumbup

Any other thoughts?

jmacd
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: uses for old yard incinerators - July 13th, 2005 at 10:42 AM
Got a picture? That would help LOTS - such creative minds here, I'm sure someone could help ya think of something to do with it - though naturally I love the planter idea wink
Posted By: jmacd Re: uses for old yard incinerators - July 21st, 2005 at 03:30 AM
Oh yea...I was s'posed to take a picture. grinnnn
jmacd
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]