A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: AuntBee I need advice - May 17th, 2005 at 05:16 AM
I'm fairly new at gardening, and I inherited a yard with some challenges when my husband and I moved to a new home. We have a narrow, long corner lot that gently slopes down to a retaining wall about 3' above sidewalk level. I'm interested in doing some planting along the south (street facing) side of the house, but because of the awkwardness of the yard's dimensions and height, I'm not sure where to start. The front porch wraps around the side of the house and leaves a bit of a corner that seems to just beg for a flowering, aromatic bush. The remaining area is a long blank line that needs something to brighten it up. The big problem is that there is only about 8' between the house and the sidewalk, so there isn't much room for a big landscaping project. Not to mention, you wouldn't be able to see much of it from the street. I'd like something that would provide color all season long, and that would be high enough to hide the foundation throughout the year. All I can come up with is day lilies. idea I need some suggestions on how to create a colorful, aromatic look without making it too monotonous, and without making it too much of a tightrope act to mow the lawn. I'm in Zone 5b, and there is absolutely no shade on the south side of my yard. Any suggestions on types of plants and/or bushes would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: I need advice - May 24th, 2005 at 04:55 AM
To the top!!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: I need advice - May 24th, 2005 at 05:08 AM
Weeie sweetie that's a double if i'm not mistaken.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: I need advice - May 24th, 2005 at 05:57 AM
I couldnt' find any other posts she's made???
Which way is it??? Duh

Weezie
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]