A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Vada Hi from South Mississippi - June 17th, 2005 at 12:05 PM
Hello all, I am Vada in south Mississippi. I live on 1.7 acres of beautiful land, that I am trying to make my paradise. I have 7 overgrown blueberry bushes, 3 fig trees, many very old oak trees (one is very big and very old, like the ones you think of from Forrest Gump), gardenias, Loquats, century, bananas (regular and red dwarf), marigolds, spider plants, gloriosa lilly, verbenia, black magic taro, elephant ears, ginger (several varieties), hosta, hydrania, canna, hostas, a dogwood and a couple magnolia trees, a few more that I have no clue what they are. Whew, I didn't realize I had so much until I started listing them! I hope to get to know everyone here. Have a great day!!! wavey
Posted By: Vada Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 17th, 2005 at 12:06 PM
oh yea, also spider lillies, day lillies, glads, amarillis, and another that the name is on the tip of my tounge and just don't want to come out.
Posted By: JV Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 17th, 2005 at 06:12 PM
[Linked Image] wavey Vada Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are already in paradise of sorts. You need to meet Tricia she is also from south Miss. again welcome and enjoy this site is full of some wonderful giving people. thumbup
Jimmy
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 17th, 2005 at 07:01 PM
Welcome to the forum, Vada! wavey Jump right in and make yourself at home. There is plenty to talk about here when you aren't in the garden. grinnnn

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 17th, 2005 at 07:55 PM
[Linked Image]

It's a pleasure to meet you!

Your gardens sound beautiful...would love to see some pics thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 17th, 2005 at 09:50 PM
Hi Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you. wavey [Linked Image]
Posted By: Vada Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 17th, 2005 at 09:55 PM
I took a few pics this morning while I was out watering. I didn't realize how bad a shape my "gardens" had gotten. I guess I need to drag out my gloves and do some weedin' and pruning. Everything seems overgrown now. I have also decided to "remodel" my gardens. I just have to decide HOW I want to do it. I will put a few pics in my yahoo photo album for all to see, here is the link http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cubm0m/album?.dir=/48d3&urlhint=actn,ren%3as,1%3af,0
Posted By: Vada Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 17th, 2005 at 09:57 PM
OK Tricia???? where are you? Litteraly where in south miss are you?
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 17th, 2005 at 10:52 PM
Vada, be sure to post the pics of the plants you don't know the names of in the mystery section of the forum. They won't remain a mystery for long with this group of people! grinnnn

Dianna
Posted By: Vada Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 18th, 2005 at 12:30 AM
Thanks Dianna, I will be sure to do that. Can someone tell me how I post a picture in here? I am not used to this type of forum, but I am an old hand at Yahoo Groups!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 18th, 2005 at 01:02 AM
Vada, since you have your pics already downloaded into Yahoo, it should be a simple matter to post them.

Go to your yahoo photos, click to enlarge the pic you want to post, click on properties, and copy (Ctrl c) the url of the photo.

You need to use the full reply/post form. Down below the "answer box" is a list for instant bb code. Click on IMAGE and paste (Ctrl v) the url to the pic in the box. Click ok and that should work.

Dianna
Posted By: mearow Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 18th, 2005 at 01:25 AM
Hey Vada! Im about 30 miles from ya in Hurley!! Welcome to the forums, this is a great grp of folks and very helpfull!
Posted By: pcgrav Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 18th, 2005 at 02:28 AM
To Vada & Missy,
[Linked Image]

Nice to see more folks from MS joining in the gang!!!!!!
Posted By: Vada Re: Hi from South Mississippi - June 18th, 2005 at 04:22 AM
Hi Missy! I am not actually IN Lucedale, but in Agricola, so even closer than 30 miles! We may have to get together and trade some plants out!!! wavey
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]