A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Tulip favorite house plant? - May 12th, 2005 at 11:30 PM
Hello all.. wavey

Im just getting into gardening as some of you know..I would like to get some plants but I dont know to much about types of plants.. ones that are easy to take care of.. make beautiful flowers... or just even popular plants.. I was thinking idea it would be kewl to get to know everyones favorite plant and maybe why they like them...picture?

I think this would be a great way to get to know people as well and help us newbie gardeners pick out the right plants..
Posted By: tkhooper Re: favorite house plant? - May 13th, 2005 at 01:38 AM
Pick just one? One? No No NO the others would pout. My plants are very jealous. You should see what happened when one of the other gardeners mentioned that the roma tomatoes she started the same time I started mine where twice as tall. Mine are now trying to catch up and have grown 4 inches in a couple of days.

Ok, if I can just pick one I'll pick the purple passion plant. Down in plant profiles you will find a wonderful picture of the plant that Bill took plus the care instructions. I'm choosing it because it is an easy care plant for beginners like me who have a tendency to over water and care for plants. It has stems that stand up straight and vines so it makes for a very full attractive hanging basket. The leaves need to be pinched to keep it full and to stop it from blooming (the flowers smell really bad) that takes time. I'll list that one because it is my newest acquisition not my favorite. I love them all.
Posted By: Meg Re: favorite house plant? - May 13th, 2005 at 01:43 AM
At the moment, this one.. since it's the only house plant I have that is living. Well, no, I have an african violet, with no "violet" on it..lol. It's all green. I can't get it to grow flowers since they died!!

I just found out, it's a pothos.
[Linked Image]

Meg
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]