A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: hisgal2 From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 12:00 PM
Jenn wanted me to give you all an update. She has been in the hospital since Saturday evening. We had some complications with the pregnancy and delivered a little girl, Samantha Grace, this afternoon. 8" long, 5.6 ounces, stillborn. Tonight is supposed to be Jenn's last night in the hospital. We are both doing pretty well emotionally. The doctor gave us a realistic picture Sunday evening and we both got some of our emotions taken care of. Obviously we are not out of the woods yet, but we've gotten a good start. This loss should be easier than our last as we were able to see our child and will be saying a good-bye tomorrow. We aren't planning on having any sort of ceremony and are going to have her cremated. The doctors don't really have any idea why we had problems and there didn't seem to be any developmental issues with the baby. She was perfect. As I said, Jenn should be home tomorrow evening so I'll leave all your questions to her. Thanks for everything.

Stephen
Posted By: Triss Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 12:04 PM
Stephen and Jenn,

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Beautiful Samantha Grace will be in my prayers as will you both. My heart goes out to you both.

With love!
Posted By: Fernie Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 12:08 PM
My deepest sympathies. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this tough tough time.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 12:09 PM
My heart is completely broken for you both....we are sending many prayers and so much love your way. Thank you so much Stephen for letting us know and please assure Jenn that you are in our thoughts and prayers. luv

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 12:10 PM
kissies , and I'm praying that you both find some comfort with each other and your family.... angell

I'm so shocked and sad right now. ters
Posted By: jonni13 Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 12:16 PM
Heaven has a new angel now. Praying for all of you. ~Tina
Posted By: Merme Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 12:19 PM
All prayers, always.

ters ters ters

Merme
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 12:38 PM
Prayers for you both- so sad for you-
Nana
Posted By: Meg Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 01:17 PM
My heart just goes out to you 2. A loss like this is so hard to deal with. Know you are never alone.
Posted By: princessazlea Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 01:21 PM
I am so very sorry to hear of your sad loss. I can not imagine what you are both going through.
You are in my thoughts. Deepest sympathies. Jenn we are here if you need us kissies ters ters
Posted By: comfrey Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 01:32 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss, My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 08:31 PM
I cannot imagine the pain of your loss. I am so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you both...

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 08:43 PM
It broke my heart to read this ters

Many prayers for you both.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 10:14 PM
I'm so sorry to read this, Jenn and Stephen.
I know how very difficult this is for you both,
and am sending comforting thoughts your way.
Posted By: JV Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 10:16 PM
ters Jenn and Stephen. I am so sorry for your loss of Samantha Grace I cannot imagine the heart ache and loss your having. All My prayers for you for strength to get through this bad time. ters
Jimmy
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 10:25 PM
Jenn and Stephen...
My heart just got so sad for you when I read this. ters

Cindy
Posted By: barleychown Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 13th, 2005 at 11:51 PM
I'm at a loss for words. I'm so sorry. ters ters
Posted By: Bestofour Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 12:18 AM
So very sorry.
Posted By: Patty S Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 12:20 AM
When hearts are heavy [Linked Image]Words are few.
Posted By: Magnolia4moi Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 12:26 AM
So sorry to hear such sad news. My prayers & thoughts to you.
Posted By: hinda Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 01:36 AM
i am very sorry to hear such sad news. i've had a few losses similar to this one so if you ever need to talk..... sometimes just having your friends support you, you somehow find that hidden strength that you never knew you had, and help you. We are praying for you all
Posted By: Francine Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 01:41 AM
jen and stephen,

i m so sorry for both of you and my sympathy and though are with you.

francine.
Posted By: phoenix Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 01:55 AM
Jenn and Stephen,
Those we have truely loved,we will always love,and that which was deeply felt,we will always feel.
Remember,death can take all things save one- Love remains,fro love alone is real.

May the warmth and comfort of love's embrace hold you close and give you strenght.
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 03:06 AM
Just a quick update. We just got home from the hospital and are getting ready to do some final things at the funeral home...paper signing and stuff. I haven't had time to read through the thread, but I see how many responses are here and just want to say thank you. I've gotten a couple of PM's, and although they are marked as unread, I've read the email versions that I've gotten. Some have asked for my address, so I'm giving Bill my permission to give you the address, just PM him....is that OK Bill? I just won't be on the computer much the next couple of days. I'm exhausted and sore and will most likely just sleep for a couple of days. Know that I will get onto the computer eventually and read through everything. In case somebody decides to call to talk, I'm not sure how many phone calls I'll get to, so don't be alarmed if I don't get the phone when you call, I'm ok....just not reaching the phone at the moment. Thanks again for all of your prayers.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 03:11 AM
Jenn and Stephen, I'm so so sorry for your loss. A big hug for both of you. ters ters
Posted By: Gardencrazy Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 04:13 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. ters ters ters ters
Posted By: Francine Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 04:37 AM
get some rest and my tough [Linked Image]ts are with you.

Francine.
Posted By: catlover Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 05:16 AM
Jenn and Stephen....so very sorry to hear of your loss kissies

kit
Posted By: duckie Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 07:29 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
You are all in my prayers today. kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 10:09 AM
kissies and prayers jenn and stephen...
Posted By: weezie13 Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 10:41 AM
Jenn and Stephen,

I have searched for words all day today....
and I just wanted you to know how very sorry I am to hear of your loss of your special Gracie...
I want you to know you all will be in my prayers..

Please believe she'll be watching over you and Stephen always kissies ......
Posted By: geegeeburr Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 14th, 2005 at 11:10 PM
Jenn and Stephen,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you. Your family will be in my prayers as well.
Posted By: MissJamie Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 15th, 2005 at 12:55 AM
Jenn,
I am so sorry to hear of this terrible tragedy ters may God be with you and your family in this terrible time. my prayers are being sent to Him for you.
Posted By: sybil Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 15th, 2005 at 09:10 AM
Jenn
As all the others, I am at a total loss for words, I wish you all the strength and support in the coming months..
I am so so devastated for you and your husband
ters luv
Posted By: mich168 Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 15th, 2005 at 09:20 AM
So very sorry for your loss. Words cannot compensate at this time, but that's all we have to use.

May angell watch over you and your husband.
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 16th, 2005 at 10:36 AM
I finally found the time and strength to sit down and read through this thread. Thanks very much for the nice words.

On Saturday, my water broke and the doctor said that tends to put your body in motion for labor...which it did. On Sunday, the resident checked me and I had dilated to 4 centimeters and by noon on Monday, I was fully dilated. Samantha was soo little that the contractions were just too intense for her. She was tiny...could fit into your hand. They checked for a pulse, but there wasn't any. I got to hold her for just a little before I was taken to the OR because the placenta was stuck to my uterus. While they were getting the placenta out, I lost enough blood that I had to be watched closely Monday evening. I was being given meds to keep me from hemorrhaging and have been pumped with antibiotics since Saturday to keep infection out of my uterus. Physically, my body is tired. I got very little sleep while I was in the hospital because the nurses were changing my IV bags every hour or so. Emotionally, we are doing ok. I've been trying to keep myself busy as I am not allowed to drive until next week and not expected to go to work until Monday (although I will probably chicken out). The hospital gave us a "memory box" that has a little blanket identical to the blanket they wrapped Samantha in, along with a small teddy bear and the flowers that they took her picture with. I've put my hospital bracelet in the box as well as the pictures they took of her and her tiny little hat that was put on her head. We've been getting sympathy cards mixed in with our Christmas cards, which is a little hard for us, but the sympathy cards are going into the box as well. Right now, I am looking for some sort of ornament to hang on the tree for Samantha. We get a new ornament every year...Stephen collects the Star Trek space ships from Hallmark and I collect ornaments while we go on vacation, but I want something for Samantha, so I am spending some of my time looking for one that I like.

That is pretty much all that there is to say right now. Again, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Its nice to know that they are there.

Also, thanks to some very special people for the wonderful Samantha Plant that I received on Wednesday. We both love it and will treasure it always.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 16th, 2005 at 11:07 AM
Jenn...what a wonderful thing the hospital did with the little box...the little treasure. I am thankful that you are home where you can finally get some much needed rest. You will continue to be in our thoughts & prayers...and please know..that if you need a friend, a shoulder, a listener...you have an army of friends here that would consider it an honor to provide any of those for you...just hit the ol PM button and we are here for you... kissies

~V~
Posted By: Triss Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 16th, 2005 at 02:06 PM
Jenn, What a precious gift the hospital gave to you and Stephen. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Kareena Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 17th, 2005 at 02:16 AM
Jenn and Stephen,

I am so sorry to hear about what happened. ters If there is anything we can do for you please let us know! luv Yall will be in my thoughts.

Kareena
Posted By: Myrna Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 17th, 2005 at 02:30 AM
i am sorry to hear about your lost. My the God give you and Stephen much strength during this time
Posted By: JV Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 17th, 2005 at 02:35 AM
Jenn as always my prayer of comfort for you and Stphen. I saw cute little angle tree ornamint the other day if I find it again I will send I will send it to you.
Jimmy
Posted By: WyoMom Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 17th, 2005 at 03:17 AM
Jenn & Stephen,
I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know how I can be of help but just know I am there for you when and if you need me. What a special treasure the hospital gave you. This has just touched my heart, I feel so for you. May you find the strength to deal with this. I just wish there was more I could do. My shoulder is always available.
With love,
Nancy
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 20th, 2005 at 11:00 AM
Today was my first day back to work. I was only scheduled for 2 hours....and glad of it! I spent most of those 2 hours dodging people and their questions. Why can't people understand that you don't want to talk about something?? I mean, the director had even gone around the school and TOLD people not to come to me and ask questions. Hopefully tomorrow will be better....thank goodness I'm only scheduled for 2 hours again!

We found an ornament that we like for Samantha. It is part of the "Heart of Motherhood" collection that Hallmark has. It is a heart that has a small locket on the front of it for a small picture. Then the large part of the ornament opens and you can put small tokens that hang on the inside of it. We are getting one token that is a small square with a tiny footprint in the middle and then another token that is a square with the December birth stone in the middle of it. We did a 2 day delivery so that we'll have it before we leave to go to Stephen's parent's house for Christmas.

Also, I wanted to thank those of you who sent cards this past week. We really appreciate them...and Stephen was pretty impressed that people who we haven't even met cared enough to send cards. I must say that we are both handling this pretty well. We've gotten to spend time talking about how we feel about the different aspects of certain things and now we know what is going through...and WAS going through...each other's heads. thumbup

...our smiles are returning smile
Posted By: Triss Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 20th, 2005 at 11:13 AM
Jenn,

So sorry that work was so difficult. I hope that tomorrow is better for you. The ornament sounds beautiful. So glad that things with you and Stephen are good and you are talking. That is going to get you both through the hard times and the good times to come. You are both still in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 20th, 2005 at 11:20 AM
Jenn...hopefully tomorrow will be better...it will be nice to regain some "normalcy" to your life. And the coming up time with family will help as well! Thanks for keeping us posted on how you are doing..it seems as though when one of us is hurting...there is a part of all of us that hurts as well...we are continuing to remember you & Stephen in our thoughts and daily prayers...

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 20th, 2005 at 11:23 AM
jenn... all my love and prayers.... for you and stephen. glad tomorrow is only a 2 hour day again!
Posted By: tamara Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 20th, 2005 at 08:23 PM
Jenn, I haven't been on for awhile and my heart broke today reading this. I am so sorry for the loss that you and Stephan have had to bare. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers just as you will be keeping your little angel in your hearts.
Posted By: jogger Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 22nd, 2005 at 05:51 AM
Jenn, I also have not been on for a while, am devastated at your and Stephens loss. No words can ever take away your grieving "I Know".
You need to grieve for Gracie, in time, a long time in the future it will get easier I promise.
For now take comfort from your family and friends.
My thoughts and prayers are with Gracie, you and Stephen.
Doreenx
Posted By: tkhooper Re: From Jenn's Hubby - December 23rd, 2005 at 01:16 AM
I was told when I lost my son that loosing a still born child is loosing a "perfect child". Because the child has never grown up to become her own person she is instead an embodiment of every hope and dream her parents have always cherished which is very very hard to loose. All my love and compassion while you work through this time.

And know that she is and always will be with you especially at this time of year. My sons name was Phillip Wayne and his nickname was ET. He was 20 days old when he died. He never came home from the hospital.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]