A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: MaryReboakly I know it's not a butterfly or a bird but... - July 27th, 2005 at 11:22 AM
it seems to fit in this forum best.

I've seen a reeeeeeeeeally cool looking dragonfly. I call it a 'samurai' dragonfly. It appears to have rectangular-ish wings...with the ends extending down in a square. Almost like a biplane. I don't know if it's just the coloration of the wings that makes it look like that, or if there's some type of dragonfly that does have 'flaps' like that. Any ideas what it could have been that I saw? It was more than once, too...so that's why I'm leaning away from it being the wing pattern that threw me. Unless the same dragonfly came back to see me from last year - which I don't think is possible wink
Posted By: Gardencrazy Re: I know it's not a butterfly or a bird but... - July 28th, 2005 at 02:42 AM
I am no authority on dragon or damsel flies but I do think they all have round wings. It might be the type you saw.

beginners guide to dragonflies/damselflies

The dragonfly website

This site has great pictures.
Donna flw
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: I know it's not a butterfly or a bird but... - July 28th, 2005 at 09:24 AM
Thanks Donna - awesome sites!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]