A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: plants 'n pots Anticipation... lalala - July 12th, 2005 at 01:28 AM
Everyone together now... ANTICIPATION - it's keeping me waiting... la la la...

daylilies
[Linked Image]

astilbe
[Linked Image]

anyone else have buds they'd like to share?

(the flowering kind... Cindy and G-mom - laugh muggs laugh )
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 12th, 2005 at 01:33 AM
I've got to wait until fall for more buds (sniffle). But then I will. I get sooooo impatient.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 12th, 2005 at 02:30 AM
My camera's busted... eek eek eek eek
I'll have to watch yours!! thumbup
Posted By: tamara Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 12th, 2005 at 06:37 PM
Yes, next week I am getting a new digi cam. I am going to drive you all bored with my pics then.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 12th, 2005 at 06:44 PM
Tamara,

We cool LOVE perpl with them....
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 15th, 2005 at 07:44 AM
Didn't have to wait too long for these to open - how do you like?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 15th, 2005 at 07:50 AM
Those are beautiful, Lynne!

Dianna
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 15th, 2005 at 08:37 AM
how do you like?
Those are awesome!!!
Beautiful!!!

anyone else have buds they'd like to share?

(the flowering kind... Cindy and G-mom - laugh muggs laugh )
laugh [Linked Image] laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 15th, 2005 at 09:53 AM
Great daylilies Lynne....I love the color....

I have some getting ready to bloom and I have no idea what color they are because I just planted them, so it'll be a surprise....

I like your astilbe too....that's another plant on my list of many that I'd like to grow!
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 15th, 2005 at 08:52 PM
Oooh Oooh Lynn! I have astilbe - dont know what Im doing with them (surprise!)
I got them back in the spring - of course they were blooming then even though they weren't supposed to be yet...but anyway, the flowers have died now and are just brown and still on the plant (still looks pretty cool)...am I supposed to pinch them off or what? Will they 'come back' in the same season from pinching? It's okay if I've gone and messed up the blooming cycle for this year, but I wanted to know for next year wink Thanky!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 15th, 2005 at 09:50 PM
Mary - they should be just fine next year, even though they were forced to bloom early this year!

By the way... the "dead" flower stalks have seeds on them - I have found a few baby astilbe several feet away from my mother plants - so exciting!!! thumbup

In my experience, I do not get a second bloom from these plants after deadheading. You can either leave the brown stems on if you like them, and later collect the seeds, or deadhead them if you don't like the look. I usually don't deadhead until late fall, simply because I'm lazy! perpl
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 15th, 2005 at 10:26 PM
Coolio, thanks Lynne! I'll have to see if I can collect some seeds - I figured there were seeds in there SOMEwhere...well, if I don't collect them this year, it's on my things to figure out for next year LOL! I think they look good with their brown 'flowers' so I'll leave them since it doesn't hurt em. wink I couldn't find any info about deadheading or not deadheading...Thanks so much! wavey
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 16th, 2005 at 05:11 PM
Another wonderful pink. Boy howdy the flowers are really making me eat my words about that color lol. I like them alot Lynne Good going.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 16th, 2005 at 07:52 PM
That is absolutely B~E~A~U~T~I~F~U~L!!!!!
I LOVE that color and the ruffles...

I got 4 new kinds, *none ruffled* last
year, I know two were yellows like..
I thought one pink and a burgundy like??
The two yellows are blooming now,
and I"m waiting on the other two..

* eek andddddddddd frown NO ters CAMERA eek STILL :p !!!*
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 16th, 2005 at 09:23 PM
Woohoo the dianthus have buds finally. They are yellow. At least what I can see of them. They are going to be to small to get a picture of though whaaaaaaa.
Posted By: Meg Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 16th, 2005 at 09:59 PM
Those are just lovely Lynne! I love the color! They are so neat looking too!!

Meg
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 18th, 2005 at 11:47 PM
I didn't think I would get a bud on this canna it's the one that is half burgandy and half green. I can't wait to see what color the bud it. The stem came up burgandy. Hope you can see it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rue anemone Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 24th, 2005 at 12:06 AM
plant's and pot's do you have a name for the daylilies and are they really that pink?

They are beautiful.

I love astilbe. I keep the brown flower stalks up all year, adds interest to the garden in the winter. The birds like to pick at the dead flower heads.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 24th, 2005 at 01:00 AM
Well the two tone canna has orange blooms but they wilted between morning and afternoon so I didn't get a picture. Maybe it'll but up a second stock and I'll get a picture of that.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 25th, 2005 at 06:32 AM
I have buds on the calendula woohoo. I'll have to get out there and get a picture when the skeeters take a break. Man they are eating me alive today.
Posted By: Karrie Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 25th, 2005 at 10:19 AM
THat is a beautiful Lilly. I love the color I need a pink one. I got 12 this week they were mostly cream with different colored eyes a few orange and some yellow and 1 purple. I didnt think of pink. I dont honestly like pink flowers but that is beautiful. I love the lilly's with petals like that I dont much care for the ones with the spider type bloom. I think they dont impress me so much because they grow wild everywhere here the orange and yellow ones. I made sure I only got the ones that bloom like that one there. Now I need to go back and get a pink one. The ones I got are small starts anyone know how long till I have a nice bunch like that one pictured. I have never tried lillies before. I am such a newbie at this whole thing. But I do so love those blooms.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 27th, 2005 at 07:03 PM
Here is a picture of the calendula that is thinking about blooming.

[Linked Image]

I know it isn't the greatest picture in the world but I did what I could.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 31st, 2005 at 08:33 AM
And it's thinking, and thinking, and thinking. This anticipation is getting to me lol.
Posted By: Carly Re: Anticipation... lalala - July 31st, 2005 at 08:13 PM
Even though I went to the trouble of transplanting them, little roots and all last fall, I got nowhere with my lilies. No tigers, nothing.

Everybody in the neighbourhood has them - they're rampant in our area, but nothing for poor Carly's lot - well, two came out a couple of weeks ago but they disappeared immediately.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Anticipation... lalala - August 1st, 2005 at 08:33 PM
I'm sorry your not having any luck with your lilies. Are you going to try again?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Anticipation... lalala - August 6th, 2005 at 07:25 PM
The calendula are still sitting in bud. I'm tempted to go out there and do surgery on the little suckers to make the outer covering let go so I can see the blooms. Not that I get impatient or anything like that lol. Grrrrrrrrrh
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Anticipation... lalala - August 8th, 2005 at 02:18 AM
Here's one of my teddy bear sunflowers I started from seed wink I can't wait to see it!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Anticipation... lalala - August 8th, 2005 at 10:13 AM
Nice Sunflower!!!!

*I had sowed a bunch of different kinds earlier..
Some deer mowed just about everyone down and gave them haircuts...I am now just starting to get midget sunflwers now, we planted them in front of the two houses' and I'm waiting to see if those d@mned deer's venture that far forward...

Plus, I had ONE in the back veggie garden, and had been gating up the garden to keep bandit's out, well, I forgot one night, and some one ate that poor lonesome sunflower down to a nub two days ago..left one lousey leave... :p
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Anticipation... lalala - August 8th, 2005 at 10:15 AM
Just took some pictures too of all the
new plants,
TALK ABOUT ANTICIPATION :rolleyes: perpl eek
I can't download them yet into my computer,
not enough memory, ***got it used up with alot
of stuff* and when I get it revamped I can post mine...
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Anticipation... lalala - August 8th, 2005 at 10:23 AM
Weezie - ya got pictures?!?!?! Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Anticipation... lalala - August 8th, 2005 at 10:27 AM
Hey Weezie, ya ever clean out your cache? Tools/internet options/clear history
also
tools/internet options/delete cookies
and
tools/internet options/delete files

That'll clear up a bunch of memory from stuff ya get downloaded from the net like pics and stuff. I know some people don't know about it so they never clean it - might get you a BUNCH of space - and I wanna see them pictures! laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Anticipation... lalala - August 8th, 2005 at 10:47 AM
OH, yeah, I got that stuff cleaned,
suprisingly, but I have a ton of pictures on here.
and I tape some stuff with my PVR TV thingie
and I need to watch the movies and wipe them
off and I have to go thru my emails yet,
I am down from the original, 12,ooo. something
or other I had, I've got 4,911 in the inbox alone. shocked wink laugh Duh so, I"m doing pretty good.
Hey, I talk to alot of people save alot and can't remember where I have it..

Well, it's reading material for winter time... :rolleyes: perpl

Hubby goes thru here with a fine tooth comb..
But the family pictures are on here too,
I have to get a burner in mine,
so we can burn the photo's into a CD and then
get rid of those ba~zillion downloads...
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Anticipation... lalala - August 8th, 2005 at 11:32 AM
Ohhh geezie Weezie LOL you sound like me with the inbox. This computer (just checked) i have about 4,000, and the old computer I still have twice what I have on this one...but I have a business so that's my excuse for hoarding it all laugh Ya never know when you wanna go back and find something yaknow? wink I'm kinda glad I can't really 'hoard' the PMs here - well ya can but I'm not - I've been doing pretty good keepin it cleaned out wink Anyway, didn't mean to get SoOoOoOo off topic, just thought that tip might help ya, but you're already ahead of the game!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Anticipation... lalala - August 8th, 2005 at 03:36 PM
Yep they invent computers and it's just one more housecleaning chore that I hate getting around to lol. Ok it isn't that bad. I just have to remember to do it on my way to bed so the puter is working while I'm sleeping. Otherwise I feel punished when I can't get on the puter because it's busy cleaning itself.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]