A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: mearow I got squash, maters and peppers - May 25th, 2005 at 09:44 PM
Yehaww! I am so excited its getting time to pick the fruits and veggies of my labor. grinnnn
The squash is doing great. We mulched around them with hay and interplanted calendulas in between the plants. Fish emulsion, chicken poop (from our hens) bone and blood meal and plenty of water was used to help them along. Yesterday our first squash was ready to pick and boy did it feel good!

The tomatoes we planted with borage, marigolds and basil. Fertilized with the same as we did the squash and man they are getting so big!! I can't wait to have a taste of them. Everything is looking so heatlhy so far and we are so proud. Thanks guys for all the help and advice so far and when summer starts to fade and fall crops are ready to plant Im sure I will asking 10 million questions again. flw
Posted By: Longy Re: I got squash, maters and peppers - May 26th, 2005 at 12:33 PM
we had some corn show up around the garden, do you think its safe to let it grow so long as we feed it or do I need to go ahead and pull it out?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Missy, sounds like you're blitzing it. (That's a good thing). If it's wild corn your chickens will love it, or just dig it in. Use it for composting etc. Unless there are groups of corn plants you wont get much pollination probably. Is the corn coming from the chicken poo? Wow. I thought their gut was too strong for that to happen. Interesting.
Posted By: mearow Re: I got squash, maters and peppers - May 27th, 2005 at 04:21 AM
I assume that is where its coming from since I didn't plant it. laugh Its probably from the feed and they had just scattered some around and some happened to be in the poo. I seriously doubt it survived their belly. Hmm at least I wouldn't think it could survive it...tough corn if it did. grinnnn
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]