A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Carly An artist at work . . . - August 6th, 2005 at 09:20 AM
We were at Harbour Front (Toronto, Canada) for our 16th anniversary today - yes, there's a lot to tell. Like last year, we went sailing on the Kajama, but first? I want to tell you about a true artist I met.

It so happened the Kajama ran into trouble and had to be brought in by sail only - it was out of gas.

So we had to wait till about 4 to ride on her today.

Jeff got me a bottle of Pepsi from the machine and we watched a gardener work on one of the beds there.

I was intrigued to watch him shaping the Juniper . . .

[Linked Image]

I, of course, ambled on over to there to ask about his work - he's hired one day a week (and does get paid). He only has certain beds to work on - the ones that involve his 'art'. But he ends up tending to everything.

I was so impressed just by watching create an exotic bonsai look with the juniper.

Yeah, of course I wanna' try it, but I'm going to think about it first - I don't want to make a mess of the junipers out front there.

More on today's celebration later.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: An artist at work . . . - August 6th, 2005 at 10:55 AM
That's impressive! I've never seen it done - or at least I wasn't paying attention if I did. That looks great! I'd be too scared to try it though...I'm no edward scissorhands laugh laugh laugh

Happy anniversary!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]