A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Tamara from Minnesota Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 10th, 2005 at 08:09 AM
Or are there any recovering color gardeners? It is limiting but I cannot stop it! I have a flower bed at church that is hot colors-purple, red, orange, gold- and my home flowers are cool pinks, blues, white, and lavenders mostly. Is anyone else obsessed? perpl
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 10th, 2005 at 08:19 AM
I did this one bed, it's packed with annuals..
It's in the beginning stages..
Haven't taken a recent picture of it,
but it's busy!!!!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 10th, 2005 at 08:13 PM
I'm still in the "whooopie it grew" stage of gardening. It doesn't matter what color it is as long as it doesn't go brown. Have fun with your garden.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 12th, 2005 at 07:37 AM
I do try to group the same hues together and if I can't do that I try to use the color wheel and group complimenting colors. It doesn't always work because everything doesn't always bloom at the same time. With zinnias I do all colors. I think they look best that way.
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 12th, 2005 at 07:42 AM
I'm obsessed Tamara. I can't quit with the yellows and whites. Some think it's boring but I find those colours so pure and innocent. I'm obsessed with daisies, sunflowers, baby's breath and gaillardias.
Christina
Posted By: userjh160 Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 12th, 2005 at 04:46 PM
I planted marigolds (yellow only) in the front section of our house - large and small. You can see bright yellow from quite a distance. On the other side I had bright red geraniums -- coming from either side you can see bright colors from our place. I love the bright colors and lots of flowers.
Posted By: suzydaze Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 13th, 2005 at 12:17 AM
I don't know if you call it a scheme, but I like all mine to be the same color in a group, doesn't always happen, but I like them that way smile
Posted By: murphyette Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 16th, 2005 at 07:43 PM
I try to keep colors together that don't clash. But...I am anal like that.
Posted By: tamara Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 17th, 2005 at 01:39 AM
I used to but now I have so much that I have to mix. I do still have a lavender and yellow bed though.
Posted By: suzydaze Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 17th, 2005 at 03:59 AM
I don't know how I did it, but I have 2 areas that are like really color coded, I have one that's a pink and yellow mix, really pretty

and then have a orange and yellow mix.

I have very few red flowers wonder if they die on me Duh
Posted By: ButtonsMom Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 26th, 2005 at 03:31 AM
I prefer muted shades, I guess on the cool side too. Most of my gardens are filled with shades of pink, blue, lavender, and white. I do add a bit of burgundy as well. I do have yellow in the pond area and the Biblical garden, but avoid red all together. Even at Christmas, I use burgundy and cream in place of the red & white theme. And of course, I use plenty of green or varigated foliage.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 26th, 2005 at 05:26 AM
Maudie,
Did you do any new pictures of flower
arrangements from your garden??????
You had such pretty arrangements you did for
the church...
Posted By: Karrie Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 26th, 2005 at 10:27 PM
Well I do in a sense I guess but my thing is more a pattern thing. I have to have at least 2 of things so I can stratigicly place them in a pattern. Like with my petunias in the side bed they are 3 pink and 3 purple and planted pink purple pink then right behind them are day lillys yellow white orange then in the middle is a multi colored columbine then back to my pattern again purple pink purple pink petunias and the again with the day lillies behind them.

Am I anal or what? The day I pulled out the ruler doing that bed so I could measure the distance from the edge of the raised bed - hubby said your hopeless. Duh laugh nutz lala
Posted By: Sorellina Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 30th, 2005 at 10:00 PM
I don't grow many flowers that I can't eat. I grow any and all sorts of sunflowers and nasturtiums, the more colours the better. I also had rainbow tomatoes and my boyfriend had a rainbow of peppers, if that counts ;o)

Julianna
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Does anyone do color scheme flower gardening? - September 30th, 2005 at 10:15 PM
Julianna,
You should grow some basil and some borage..
They go great with tomatoes...
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]