A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: CoolJoe Hello from T.O. - February 6th, 2005 at 12:53 AM
Hi guys,
After a frigid January in Toronto (was down to –20C <-4F> last week, -38C <-22F> with the wind Duh . I’ll also change the soil to get more drainage, should help. I'll keep you posted.

Anyhow, have yourself a gorgeous day!

Cheers muggs

CoolJoe
Posted By: KIT Re: Hello from T.O. - February 6th, 2005 at 03:46 AM
Hi, I grew up in the To. area, then lived in the Southern Gulf Islands for the last 20 yrs. or so...now moved to the absolute centre of B.C. We had those minus 35 degree temps. for about two weeks! The temp. is above zero most of the time now. Sure love that winter weather!!! I'd really missed it! grinnnn
I also had a truck full of plants I just couldn't live without...couldn't fit the beautiful tomatoe plants though (this was back in July) ters
Right now my favorite plant is a tamarind. Got the seeds out of some paste I bought...they grew!
The three of them are in one pot, and are about four inches tall. I understand in their natural setting they grow VERY large...whoops! nutz Could be interesting.
Posted By: KIT Re: Hello from T.O. - February 6th, 2005 at 03:51 AM
Whoops, Forgot to mention, Cool Joe, that I think you're right about your Jade plant. I was having problems with dropping leaves on mine so I typed 'Jade plant' in a google search and found some really useful info....From the Garden Helper in fact...which is how I found this great forum! muggs
Posted By: CoolJoe Re: Hello from T.O. - February 6th, 2005 at 11:08 PM
Hi Kit wavey
I’m giving tamarind a try, but so far nothing… It’s been in the pot for the past two weeks. What did you do to get them to grow? idea
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Hello from T.O. - February 7th, 2005 at 01:56 AM
Jade Plant Info
Posted By: Barb Illinois Zone 5 Re: Hello from T.O. - February 7th, 2005 at 04:28 AM
Hi, CoolJoe! wavey
Welcome to the group! Your plant room is to be envied! Did you know that in the cemetery outside of the old Santa Barbara Mission in California there is a Jade Plant the size of an Oak tree? smile Well, at least it was there 9 years ago, lol! Anyhow, again, welcome!
Barb
Posted By: CoolJoe Re: Hello from T.O. - February 7th, 2005 at 05:48 PM
Hi Barb,
I read that jade tree in their natural environment have been known to grow more then two meters high! Duh

Oh well, i can always see the big ones in picture on the net...

Cheers! muggs

CoolJoe
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]