A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Magnolia4moi "Wild Things" - December 3rd, 2005 at 10:29 AM
I have searched this forum searching for others who may have brought native plants into their homes or yards.

Here is a listing of several "wild things" dug up from the woods/ditch/road that I have planted in beds or yards.

Louisiana Iris

Ferns

Mayhaw trees

Cypress trees

Wax Myrtle (flea bush)

Parsley Haw

Palmetto Palms

Magnolias

How many of you do the same as me?
Posted By: Carly Re: "Wild Things" - December 3rd, 2005 at 12:58 PM
Hi Mag . . . I'm here in Toronto, Canada.

I often bring home wild stuff and plant it.

I've done, those things that people call jumping jacks, butter n' eggs, clover - I can never resist little clumps of clover.

I've also done wild strawberry, wild violet, different kinds of daisies and a lot of plants that I just call 'idunno'.
Posted By: comfrey Re: "Wild Things" - December 3rd, 2005 at 01:21 PM
In some states it is againist the law to dig up wild things esp in ditches and along roadways. Its Not here in Arkansas though, I have dug up orange butterflyweed, mosses, collected mullein flowers, and other medicinal plant parts and seeds. I have also dug up iris, tiger lillies, tulips and daffodils along old homesites in the country.
Posted By: comfrey Re: "Wild Things" - December 3rd, 2005 at 01:24 PM
Oh I forgot to mention I carry a small shovel and a large assortment of plastic bags behind me truck seat, never know when you see something you just have to have. wink
Posted By: tkhooper Re: "Wild Things" - December 3rd, 2005 at 11:12 PM
Cattails and pussywillows many many years ago and boy did I get wet.

Recently a purple daisy and two variety of miniature white daisies. I hope they come back next year but I got them rather late in the season so I'm not sure.
Posted By: JV Re: "Wild Things" - December 5th, 2005 at 04:47 AM
I am always getting different cactus if I find one and also yycca plants. Never any problem.
Jimmy
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]