A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: moondance Favorite season - October 23rd, 2005 at 11:01 PM
What is your favorite season? Mine is autumn. I love that it is cool. The colors are so vivid, the autumn smeels just feel so homey! Ya know- burning leaves, apple cider, cinnimon oil. You can work ourside without getting heat stroke. Spring to me is dismal-cold wet, muddy. Summer is too hot! But the fall and winter oh yeah!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Favorite season - October 24th, 2005 at 12:01 AM
Exactly some of the reasons fall is my favorite as well Moondance! The leaves and colors are one of the biggies for me...and yes the smells! It is just a festive time of year and I love it! I love the cold weather foods...chili, spaghetti, soups...and the baking...I whipping up a batch of cinnamon rolls today. Crazy as it may be, I keep my house fall decorated all year. The warm inviting colors...and lot's of leaves! I even leave my favorite Turkeys out all year (Snappy Tom & Snappy Timmy) they are soup & gravy terains..but I love them!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 24th, 2005 at 05:35 AM
What is your favorite season?
ters
So...Fall is too stressful to be in the running for "favorite".
That leaves summer and spring.

I'll have to rule one of those out and get back with my final answer. nutz

Cindy Marie
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Favorite season - October 24th, 2005 at 05:37 AM
I'll have to rule one of those out and get back with my final answer.
Uh...do you need to use your lifeline??? laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 24th, 2005 at 06:23 AM
Well...I've already used the "take away 2 answers"...and the "phone a friend"...so I guess it's down to "ask the audience"! laugh laugh p
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Favorite season - October 24th, 2005 at 10:33 AM
SUMMERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Fall is nice when it first begins, but never does it stay all nicey~nice!!!
I'ts too cold, and freezing rains, and chilling temps..

Spring is nice, all new babies, but it's so slow
when waiting for stuff to poke it's head out....

Winter, well, I am already tired of shoveling
it yet, and it hasn't even snowed.. so there's your answer...

But summer, its' warmth, and green growth and
bbq's and doing things, and sunshine...and freshly mowed grass..........
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Favorite season - October 24th, 2005 at 10:34 AM
Cindy, PHONE HOME!!!!! wink laugh laugh laugh nutz lala
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Favorite season - October 24th, 2005 at 11:01 AM
Guess what? Duh

I've made up my own season....Yep, I have--and it's my fav. of them all!

Sprummer--the best time of the year if you ask me!!!!! thumbup grinnnn

Yep, laugh all you want...but that is my answer and I'm sticking to it! wink

Cindy, what do you think about Sprummer?????? Since you like spring and summer maybe you can jump on the Sprummer bandwagon with me...Maybe we could promote it and get it made into a real season.... laugh
Posted By: geegeeburr Re: Favorite season - October 24th, 2005 at 11:28 AM
I like Loz's season- sprummer! That's perfect, Loz, cause I was just sitting here trying to figure out how to pick between the two.
I also love the BEGINNING of fall- when that AMAZING fall smell is in the air, and the leaves are changing and it's nice and cool. I always forget how much I like this part of the year until it rolls around again.
Problem is, once the clocks get set back, the whole rest of the year is all downhill. In fact "Fall Back" day is probably my least favorite day of the whole year. I wish we could abolish it-- just spring forward for good, by golly! Anyone with me on that?
Posted By: tamara Re: Favorite season - October 24th, 2005 at 05:58 PM
Sprummer for me also. I always thought mine was fall, but since it has been raining everyday this month, I'd say spring. I think it changes.lol.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 24th, 2005 at 10:47 PM
Cindy, what do you think about Sprummer?????? Since you like spring and summer maybe you can jump on the Sprummer bandwagon with me...Maybe we could promote it and get it made into a real season....
I'm on the bandwagon! thumbup
It's Sprummer for me, too! flw

And that's my final answer! laugh

Cindy Sue
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 12:02 AM
Yeh....Cindy's on the sprummer bandwagon with me...as well as Geegee and Tamara. clp

In fact "Fall Back" day is probably my least favorite day of the whole year. I wish we could abolish it-- just spring forward for good, by golly! Anyone with me on that?
I'm SO with you on that Geegee, you have no idea!!!! I HATE fall back day....I hate how dark it gets so early..... :p
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 12:13 AM
I'm SO with you on that Geegee,
O.K...I'm coming along with you guys on this one, too.
I get really messed up for a long time when they mess with the time. I hate setting the clocks up, or back...I can't ever figure out which one I'm supposed to do, nutz so I usually just try to ignore it until it goes away.

Cindy Sue
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 12:18 AM
I can't ever figure out which one I'm supposed to do, so I usually just try to ignore it until it goes away.
How's that working for ya???? laugh

Dad was telling me that when he was a young boy in London that they had double daylight savings time.....and it would be light outside until 11 at night.....I thought WOW, that would be fine with me!!!!!LOL
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 12:41 AM
How's that working for ya????
It works pretty good for 6 months out of the year.

Good Lord, if it stayed daylight til 11 p.m. I'd never get Lola to bed! laugh
But, I'd sure like to have that extra daylight! grinnnn
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 01:27 AM
[Linked Image]

I can't jump on your band wagon...sorry. I would have to go with...

Saller.......winter is much too cold...and I'm with Weezie on Spring...you just have to wait til things pop their little heads out...AND it rains so much!!! So, I am going to have to (since we can now pick 2, thank you LOZ!!) go with summer/fall........Saller!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 01:28 AM
WOW...was that BIG or what? Guess I made my point! laugh laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 01:36 AM
That looks like my neighbors baby!!! wink laugh dev
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 03:53 AM
That looks like my neighbors baby!!!
Hhmm...now that would scare me!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 04:19 AM
Weezie...I hope your neighbor isn't lurking on the forum... lala

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 04:35 AM
Me too shocked wink laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 05:25 AM
laugh
My next door neighbor (the nice one) asked me about my gardening forum that I talk about all the time...but I still haven't told her the name of it. They know too much about me already...I don't know if I want them reading what I put on here! They'd probably tell tales on me.
(She's the one that's pulled me out of the pond a few times.) :rolleyes:
She thinks I'm looney, but she likes me anyway.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 11:04 AM
She thinks I'm looney, but she likes me anyway.
So do we.... kissies

Uh...like you...that is! laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 11:06 AM
p
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 11:07 AM
The ONLY reason I would take up exercising is so I could hear heavy breathing again!
Love that sig line! laugh laugh laugh thumbup
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 11:10 AM
Man it hurts to put the truth into words!!!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 11:27 AM
Uhhh...it HURTS to know the only heavy breathing I'll probably hear from now on is my OWN! laugh shocked lala

Oh, well...it sure beats an unpleasant break-up when it's over! laugh laugh
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 11:39 AM
Yep...and you ca still roll over and smoke afterwards...you just have to light your own cig! laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 11:42 AM
laugh laugh laugh lala
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 11:45 AM
I know deep down...you are really laughing at that last PM.... laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 11:53 AM
grinnnn
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 11:57 AM
shk frown

laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 11:58 AM
...and Mary is just IMAGINING that PM! laugh shocked lala
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 12:02 PM
and afterwards, I needed a cigarette! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 12:05 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Thornius Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 12:14 PM
No doubt about it; I LOVE,LOVE Fall and Winter. I HATE SUmmer the most.
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 09:42 PM
Winter - definitely - I love the snow and crisp dry air, the way things look clean and new when it snows, the stark trees with no leaves - nevermind, that sounds sick even to me. Mid-autumn with the leaves changing and the air drying, cool nights and medium warm days. Spring with new growth, a million shades of green, birds at the feeders, but oh the pollen - the yellow cars, sneezing, watery eyes. I really don't like summer - too much Marching Band practice in the broiling hot sun. The parking lot last summer was 116 degrees.
Posted By: Meg Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 10:00 PM
Yea! I like Loz's suggestion as well. Sprummer for me!! flw
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 10:12 PM
too much Marching Band practice in the broiling hot sun.
Been there, done that laugh ....I have to say that wasn't much fun....being out in the heat on the field with our stupid dot book..... :p

[Linked Image]

Yah Meg, another Sprummer lover! clp
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 10:26 PM
Great pic Loz!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 10:38 PM
Cool, loz!
Maybe I'll post my band picture now! laugh NOT! p

Closest I got to the band was...
...well, I better not tell that story here. shk

Just kidding... lala
I was a majorette...not really what you'd classify as "band" I guess. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 10:38 PM
That's getting to be a pretty old pic.... laugh Let's see I was 16 then...so it was almost 14 years ago....that was my natural hair color---I haven't seen that for years..... laugh I loved being on the flag/rifle squad....it was a lot of hard work, but a lot of fun too.

Cindy, we weren't really classified as band either......one day we(the flags) all snuck off the field and the director didn't even notice we were gone....all he cared about was the actual band...although during performances we were a big part of the scoring for competitions...
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Favorite season - October 25th, 2005 at 11:27 PM
Cute picture. Band and guard are now considered a single entity unless one group is in trouble and the rest want to distance themselves. My girl is pit percussion so she at least doesn't have to spin or march but when it's that hot even standing still is a work out (not to mention pushing the heavy equipment up hill, both ways, etc... smile )
Posted By: Meg Re: Favorite season - October 26th, 2005 at 12:40 AM
Awwe, loz was so cute in flags. Here's me & Steve the first week we were together.

[Linked Image]

I HATED those uniforms. SO HOT! *blech* That was without the nasty hat too. Which we always wore. This was marching band. Concert band was ok, just had to wear a long black dress or skirt/blouse.
Posted By: Steph321 Re: Favorite season - October 26th, 2005 at 01:17 AM
I love the new season ya'll have come up with-sprummer! It's great, now I can dream thru this cold days. WOW-SPRUMMER!!1
Posted By: Steph321 Re: Favorite season - October 26th, 2005 at 01:22 AM
Is it sprummer yet? grinnnn
Posted By: JV Re: Favorite season - October 26th, 2005 at 02:44 AM
My favorite season ie Hunting season all of them. Fishing season last year round here it is also my favorite season. laugh
Jimmy
Posted By: geegeeburr Re: Favorite season - October 26th, 2005 at 09:06 AM
Loz- GREAT photo. Isn't it funny to see yourself when you were just a baby.

You know, I just read something about that Double Summer time in England a coupole of weeks ago, and thought, "Man, that would ROCK!" I happened onto a website about daylight savings all over the world, and found out all kinds of interesting daylight savings trivia:

Like there are fewer traffic accidents during daylight savings, and energy consumption is cut significantly. (Apparently the reason for England's double Summer Time during WWII)

Like, Japan doesn't do daylight savings. Neither does Arizona, Hawaii, or some parts of Indiana.

Like, somebody sucessfully avoided being drafted in the Vietnam war by using daylight savings. He argued that his state's "official" time for recording births was standard time, and he was born during daylight savings, and if they had recorded standard time, he would have been born the previous day, which had a much better lottery number.

Some kid in California was charged with reckless driving and vehicular manslaughter in an accident where he said someone's sprinkler system had soaked the road causing it to be unnaturally slippery. The guy who had installed the sprinkler system testified that that was impossible because he had the system set for such-and-such a time. Then the kid's lawyer (I think) figured out that the guy hadn't adjusted for daylight savings, and was able to prove the sprinklers had been on for like 45 minutes, so the kid was found not guilty.

Okay, sorry, done with the daylight savings trivia. Didn't mean to bore you, I just thought it was interesting. Also, all part of my campaign to make daylight savings permanent!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 26th, 2005 at 09:33 AM
Didn't mean to bore you, I just thought it was interesting.
Cool!
I thought that was VERY interesting.

Cindy Sue
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Favorite season - October 26th, 2005 at 10:33 AM
You know, I just read something about that Double Summer time in England a coupole of weeks ago, and thought, "Man, that would ROCK!" I happened onto a website about daylight savings all over the world, and found out all kinds of interesting daylight savings trivia:

Like there are fewer traffic accidents during daylight savings, and energy consumption is cut significantly. (Apparently the reason for England's double Summer Time during WWII)
I thought that was all really cool info thumbup ....It's freaky you were just reading about that in England...not too many people know about that...heck, even I didn't until Dad told me....I hate turning the clocks back :p .....I don't understand why we do it....We would save energy if it wasn't turned back..... idea Maybe it's a conspiracy from the government so we DO pay more energy bills.....
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Favorite season - October 26th, 2005 at 10:38 AM
Maybe it's a conspiracy from the government
OMG! shk
You don't even want to get me started on Conspiracy Theories"! laugh lala
Posted By: geegeeburr Re: Favorite season - October 27th, 2005 at 02:44 AM
I don't understand why we do it....We would save energy if it wasn't turned back..... [/QB]
I think it's somehow related to the farmers. Supposedly, the farmers hate daylight savings. Farmers? Is this true? Got anything to say for yourselves?

Oh, here's another one:

Amtrak has a policy that their trains never depart early. So any train that is on time and underway when the clocks get set back will actually STOP and wait an hour before resuming their normal route. During spring forward, they just keep going and make up the lost time as best they can. Duh
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]