A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: newbie gardener What does the term "rich soil" mean? - May 11th, 2005 at 07:00 PM
Hi everyone

I am in the process of planting some seeds in my garden and would like to know exactly what this term means?

confused
Posted By: Suzee Re: What does the term "rich soil" mean? - May 12th, 2005 at 01:23 PM
rich soil to me means a lot of nutrients...add lots of compost and manure.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: What does the term "rich soil" mean? - May 12th, 2005 at 01:59 PM
Hi newbie up at the top of the page you will see a number of links to some of the 1200 plus pages on this website. There is one about terms and one on basic gardening, between the two I think you should get the information you are looking for.
Posted By: newbie gardener Re: What does the term "rich soil" mean? - May 12th, 2005 at 03:46 PM
Yes, intially that is what I did. Garden glossary and garden basics and although the term is everywhere, nothing really defined exactly what it is.

Thanks to Suzee and another member who was inquiring about types of soil I definetely have a better understanding on the terms rich, hummus, acidity and alkaline soils.

Its too late for yesterday plantings but today will be a better day! confused
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]