A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Garden Wisher Christmas seed-shopping - December 2nd, 2005 at 12:34 PM
What seed is good to plant in the New Year in Southern California? I am trying to figure out what flower seed should be on my Christmas wish list. angell flw
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Christmas seed-shopping - December 3rd, 2005 at 12:35 AM
wow that depends on a bunch of stuff I think. Shady or Sunny do you need drought tolerant? What colors do you like and what kind of flowers. Some people like the different types that are rose like (that's me) some like flowers that are shaped like mums and daisies, some like flowers that are trumpet shaped.

Then what does the space look like? Does it want tall plants or miniatures, vines or single stalks or something more bushy.

Then of course it would help to know your zone and about how much sun you have per day. And the soil temperature. I know one of the plants that I like are celosia which need to be direct sown but they need a soil temperature of between 70 and 75 degrees.

So as you can see there are a lot of questions that need to be answered first before a good christmas list can be drawn up lol.

Of course you can start herbs just about anytime indoors and probably a lot of them could be done outside in your area.
Posted By: JV Re: Christmas seed-shopping - December 5th, 2005 at 04:49 AM
Gardenwisher you need to talk to Mich168 or jonnie13 they live in southern cal.
Jimmy
Posted By: Garden Wisher Re: Christmas seed-shopping - December 16th, 2005 at 12:56 PM
Thanks! wink grinnnn
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Christmas seed-shopping - December 17th, 2005 at 01:00 PM
There is a garden book (my bible) That will list everything for every season on the west coast. Sunset Western Garden Book is a great resource for you. Ask for that from Santa and you'll be in garden heaven for quite awhile. ~Tina
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Christmas seed-shopping - December 27th, 2005 at 08:26 PM
hy! i want to tell you all what i have discovered!i have seen in a movie some special dishes with african motifs on them.then i tried to find them on net.and i had a surprise!they really are on net!!!and i give you also the site:
believe that they worth their price.and they are also microwave safe!!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]