A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: comfrey Anyone Else Have Seed Mix Up???? - July 12th, 2005 at 09:45 AM
I was wondering if anyone bought seed (veggie esp) that turned out not to be what they thought they were buying. I bought a packet of Black Beauty Zucchini seeds...Well it turns out that what I have is not Black Beauty, but what I think is "Striato d'Italia" or "Italiano Largo" Another gardening buddy and my mother also bought cucumber seed which both turned out to be something other then the packet was labeled...My mom lives in another state. So anyone else encounter this??? Or maybe it is a freak thing that happened to the three of us?????
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Anyone Else Have Seed Mix Up???? - July 12th, 2005 at 06:06 PM
Which company did you buy from?
Posted By: Nako Re: Anyone Else Have Seed Mix Up???? - July 12th, 2005 at 10:30 PM
at the greenhouses, i often find a stray impation in the middle of a 6" pot of begonias. With impatians, i find a stray petunia in them too. I donno what that's all about >.o

~Phoebe
Posted By: comfrey Re: Anyone Else Have Seed Mix Up???? - July 12th, 2005 at 11:32 PM
The cucumber seed that was wrong was from Burpee...and the Zucchini seed I bought at Wal Mart (that tells you alot LOL) was packaged by NK Lawn & Garden company...which I have been unable to contact...Wal Mart has a gardener's help line which I have been unable to reach a live person on either....The Zucchini that I ended up with is very, very tasty..and I like it...but it is not what I had wanted...I try for mostly non hybrid seed/plants...So I can save my own seed.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]