A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: plants 'n pots highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 9th, 2005 at 12:40 AM
My first highlight of the day was being able to go back to sleep
after my husband left at 5a.m. thumbup

No school for Amy today - it's election day and they use it for superintendent's day, since we vote at the schools.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 9th, 2005 at 12:44 AM
this "new" thread is my current highlight! thank you lynne kissies
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 9th, 2005 at 12:48 AM
You're too kind, Jiffy! kissies

Some days it really is difficult to find a highlight...
but it's something I've never done before
and really does help to keep things in perspective. thumbup
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 9th, 2005 at 06:05 AM
I took my dog for a nice walk today (beautiful here in Southern Ontario)...I turned around and there was my cat "Mojo" following us. He came with us the entire walk. I guess you hadta be there...but if u can picture my lil' guy trotting behind us the entire time. The look on his face said "Hey guys! Wait up! Where ya goin'? Wait for me!!!" Priceless!
Christina
Posted By: melcon6 Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 9th, 2005 at 08:36 AM
there was my cat "Mojo" following us.
Aw, that is ssssoooo cute! thumbup clp
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 10th, 2005 at 05:19 AM
Originally posted by ChristinaC:
...and there was my cat "Mojo" following us. He came with us the entire walk. ...
what a great thing! clp my second highlight was discovering that i had lost another 2 pounds. down 23 pounds in just over 2 years! clp
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 10th, 2005 at 08:27 AM
Hey, congrates on the weight loss Jiffy! That's the way to do it...slow, and it will stay off!

I had a couple of highlights today...

the first one was Peanut was outside with daddy...and he picked a pansey. Daddy told him "no no"...and he got the funniest look on his face...AND TRIED TO PUT IT BACK ON!!!! It was so funny because of his expression!!!!

2nd highlight was getting seeds in the mail...the columbines of Cedar Hill! kissies Just made my day!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 10th, 2005 at 09:20 AM
highlight of the day.....

5 days since I moved my fish and they are all doing great.
I haven't had any casualties yet.

I love my fishies..... luv

Cindy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 10th, 2005 at 09:35 AM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
<strong> highlight of the day.....

5 days since I moved my fish and they are all doing great.
I haven't had any casualties yet.

I love my fishies..... thumbup i love my fishies two! i even named 2 of them, and i saw one of the named ones (one that normally "hides" from me!) charlie and blackie. i always see charlie (he has a white spot on his head, that's how i know it is him) but almost never see blackie, but i saw him today! (he is mud colored, that's why i don't see a lot of him laugh laugh ~ he is hard to see!)
Posted By: Bestofour Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 10th, 2005 at 09:44 AM
My highlight is that I feel soooo much better than I have been feeling. Things are looking up.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 10th, 2005 at 10:08 AM
I'm so glad you're feeling better, Sheri. kissies
Posted By: Bestofour Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 10th, 2005 at 10:40 AM
kissies Right back at ya.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 10th, 2005 at 11:06 AM
Sheri..that is good news that you are feeling better...glad you are getting back to your perky self...I was really kinda worried about what was going on with you...

Cindy...now that your fishies are in the pond, and still alive...can you stop getting in it or is there still more to do?
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 10th, 2005 at 11:24 AM
...now that your fishies are in the pond, and still alive...can you stop getting in it
No! laugh
I got in it today just to cool off and hang out with my fishies!
It was almost 80 degrees here today!
(That water was COLD, though!) eek
Posted By: duckie Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 10th, 2005 at 11:49 AM
wink I love this thread.Just reading here always reminds me to count my blessings.

I'm glad you're feeling better Sheri kissies .
The news lately about avian flu is really freaking me out.
Has anyone read "The Stand" by Stephen King? sca

I have to push myself anyway to not be a germaphob.

sorry,I'm rambling.One of my highlights today.
I've been workin' my bootie off trying to get the savings account up to par.
But my girls need to have printer for school stuff.So we got a new one........only 50 bucks!and it's a scanner and copier too.

yay.........this momma gets to make seed packages again.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 10th, 2005 at 11:59 AM
But my girls need to have printer for school stuff.So we got a new one........only 50 bucks!
...and when you run out of ink it will cost you over 50 bucks to replace both cartridges! shk
I don't understand that nutz ...I was talking to my mom about it today...how you can buy a new printer with ink for less than you can buy a color and black ink cartridge for it when it runs out.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 10th, 2005 at 12:08 PM
...how you can buy a new printer with ink for less than you can buy a color and black ink cartridge for it when it runs out.
Man...and I hate that!!! I would love to be able to do everything I WANT to with the printer..but man...who can afford it!!! I would rather make all my greeting cards than buy them...but you can buy them so much cheaper!!! So...I wouldn't be able to use my printer at all right now if I didn't have a friend who GENEROUSLY sent me some ink cartridges!!!! But...trust me..I use them SPARINGLY!!!! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 11th, 2005 at 03:49 AM
highlights today:

holding an 8 week old baby so her mommy could sleep off a 24 hour bug... baby and i napped too thumbup

daughter's bf got a job thumbup thumbup interviewed AND starts today!

i got a new job WITHOUT an interview and I start tomorrow! it's temporary (i didn't want full time) and is convenient to get to (not close, but the commute is one of the easier ones in this area. they took me on the recommendation of the manager of the temp agency i usually use. clp
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 14th, 2005 at 07:08 AM
highlights today...

the surprise hug hubby came up behind me and gave me while i was cleaning the sink.

the awesome dinner that i cooked by accident

the wonderful phone calls i've shared with my oldest today

the knowlege i have a great job to go to tomorrow

my friends here kissies
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 14th, 2005 at 09:40 AM
One of my big brothers (favorite - shhh!) called today, just to say hi smile

It was warm enough to play in the yard!
Posted By: WyoMom Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 14th, 2005 at 09:49 AM
I have a Canon i350. It cost more $ but the cartridges are only about $8.
Highlights for me...
Going to mom & dad's for Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday.
Niece called me and asked my favorite color because she was making me my Christmas present.

Got the nicest compliment from a customer last weekend that made me cry. He asked me "do you know what I like about you?" I said nope. He said "everything". All because I didn't get grossed out by his skin graft scars on his hands. I just showed him mine:) His scars were from a burn but mine are from 2 of my fingers being grown together.

Oh and I enjoyed a nice drive home watching the sun go down through the clouds.
Nancy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 14th, 2005 at 12:28 PM
My highlight today...Peanut used a spoon ALL BY HIMSELF!!! BUT...the biggy was...we have been working with him forever...and the school has also since he started there. frown Wasn't gonna happen!!! We have tried EVERYTHING! frown

So today, when the kids were all here for supper. He sat down at his table for his dessert (applesauce) which I always have to feed him...but forgot the towel so I laid the spoon down to get it. He picked it up...put it perfectly in his little hand..and scarfed down the whole bowl of applesauce! It was almost like he was "saving" it for EVERYONE to see!!! Needless to say...a full blown party errupted! He is such a sweetie! grinnnn And he can use a spoon all by himself! Sniff sniff!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 14th, 2005 at 10:19 PM
Oh, Vanessa! That is AWESOME! [Linked Image]

My highlight today is reading the post about The Jiffinator maxing out her PM box!
laugh [Linked Image] laugh thumbup
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 14th, 2005 at 10:38 PM
My highlight today is reading the post about The Jiffinator maxing out her PM box!
laugh laugh Ya know...I just knew you would get a kick outta that!!! laugh laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 15th, 2005 at 12:43 AM
Um it's been awhile since I got on this string so I guess I'll add some highlights that have been occurring in my life recently. I joined a church and will be baptised on the 19th of November at 11:45a.m. you all are welcome to come. Or I'll tell you all about it afterwards.

I've been helping with the service work at the church and loving every minute of it. They are really nice people and do a great job of taking care of their members and people in need in the community.

So that's my highlight.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 15th, 2005 at 03:32 AM
My highlight today was..... [Linked Image] winning $150 on a $2 scratch off lottery ticket [Linked Image]

I had exactly $2 left after shopping and decided to grab a lottery ticket on the way home...yeehaw!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 15th, 2005 at 04:19 AM
WTG G-mom. That's a nice winner.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 15th, 2005 at 04:22 AM
Can't wait to hear about your baptism. I'm glad you found yourself a nice caring church thumbup I heard you mention elders in another post...could it be a Mormon church that you have joined? I don't mean to be nosy,It's just that I was raised in the Mormon church and yours sound similar to them.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 15th, 2005 at 07:43 AM
On the button G-mom. They are very sweet and seem to have some answers that have eluded me for a long time.
Posted By: duckie Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 16th, 2005 at 01:55 PM
clpsuch great news from my palies here. kissies I am so glad for you.

Tuesday is always my best day now.I don't have to go anywhere.

Cleaning up the house and doing the laundry....yippee!!!
no really .... nutz ..I actually enjoy it.
Then my girls come home from school,we get school work done.Have some dinner.

Woo Hoo..........then we play games.Chess,checkers,hearts,spades,cranium.

Nikki beat me in chess tonight (first time),I was so proud.
Posted By: duckie Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 16th, 2005 at 02:24 PM
wavey oh shoot!

The trees,the lovely trees.If someone asked me my favorite plant it would have to be an evergreen tree.

I always get the blues this time of year.I can't help it.My plants and trees look so sad,bare, and dead.
Of course I know in my head they are only sleeping.

The pines and the cedars always make me smile. wink
Posted By: hinda Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 16th, 2005 at 06:23 PM
my highlight of hte day is that i went for a consultation for laser hair removal , and he said that he could really help me. until now i have tried every thing known to man (or should i say woman) to get rid of unsightly hair but have never been able to actually get rid of it. and so even though this is a bit embarrassing to admit - i am so excited to start the treatments!! and the dr.is also a friend of my hubbie's so he gave us a 75% discount. now how can you beat that!?
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 17th, 2005 at 01:46 AM
Such a great deal Hinda!!!! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 20th, 2005 at 11:43 AM
highlights this week... been soooo busy...

1 ~ the new job thumbup if you want to know more about the camp, check out www.gclb.org

anyway, glad to be here today too, another highlight!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 20th, 2005 at 12:15 PM
I am glad you posted this Jiff..I have been wondering about your new job this week! I am so glad you like it...that is half the battle!!!

Does your Lion's club sell the famous brooms?

My highlight today was feeding my kids...again! At the end of the day...that is what I am all about...doing for my family. "doing" is mostly cooking...but it just does my heart good to see them sitting around, enjoying a good meal and laughing...playing with the babies..but most of all, I am so very PROUD of the wonderful daddy MY baby has become. He is a wonderful father and adores my little goatbaby and is exceptional with Peanut! Who could ask for more... grinnnn
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 20th, 2005 at 12:22 PM
goatbaby
I crack up every time I see that! laugh
I'm so proud of what a wonderful mommy Rachel turned out to be, too. I never would have thunk it! Duh

Yeah idea ...I finally downloaded a song I've been trying to get for a week.

Cinja
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 20th, 2005 at 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
...Does your Lion's club sell the famous brooms?...
yes we do. and, we collect used hearing aids, eye glasses, and cell phones. the glasses and hearing aids are cleaned, reconditioned, and recycled for needy folks, some here in the US, and some of the glasses go to other countries, depending on the need here. we are usually able to get new glasses for folks here in the US, but the cores of the hearing aids can be put into new "molds" (the part that goes in the ears) at a fraction of what new ones would cost. the cell phones go to different groups/people and/or are sold depending on the make/model/age/condition. but all are put to good use. some are programed for 911 only and given to people who would be out of contact otherwise.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 20th, 2005 at 12:31 PM
and some of the glasses go to other countries,
My former pastor who is also a nurse practioner...now strictly does foriegn missions. He works with an optomotrist that travels with him so they collect old glasses as well. I will never forget him coming back from El Salvador and telling me about a woman who was in her 80's that had been almost completely sightless for most of her life. They did some work on her, fit her with glasses and she saw her grown children, grandchildren and great grandchildren for the first time!!! It was very overwhelming for him..(and me when I heard it!)

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 20th, 2005 at 12:36 PM
well, i guess i should add another highlight... while we are on the topic of touching "sight" stories... a woman came up to us today, gave us $25 for tickets, said to make the camp out as the purchaser, and told us that her granddaughter was one of the campers several years ago, and while she was there, she met her husband. then, was able to go back as a camp counselor for 2 more years! so, if you know of a blind person in ga,, particularly a child, let me know because the camp is free to the child all except a small registration fee, and lots of the lion's clubs even cover that! this is a sleep away camp specially set up with nature trails, horseback riding, swimming, all the "campy" stuff, but blind friendly.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 22nd, 2005 at 02:03 AM
I went out and bought a 3 1/2 foot high artificial christmas tree today and that's my highlight. I look forward to decorating it next week. Won't that be cool.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 24th, 2005 at 08:38 AM
i love decorating the christmas tree tk. one of my favorite things to do!

my highlight today? getting off work a little early, then discovering i came home to an EMPTY house!!! YEAH! i can get my garden helper fix laugh laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:54 AM
lol sounds good to me.

Today my highlight was getting rid of a trojan horse virus.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 27th, 2005 at 01:40 AM
tk, that's yuck, but you got rid if it thumbup

highlights... yesterday, the kids took me out to dinner...

this morning, i saw the first bird in my bird feeder since i moved it!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 27th, 2005 at 02:28 AM
Isn't that exciting Jiffy?
I love watching birds in winter - they are so busy keeping their little bodies warm!
This morning there was a blue jay just busy as a beaver tapping something on our Japanese Maple tree out back. Beautiful colors on this dreary looking day!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 27th, 2005 at 03:56 AM
One of my highlights today

[Linked Image]

It's a lisianthus (annual here) that I brought inside this fall, and has had this one flower on it for over a week now!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 30th, 2005 at 04:23 AM
My highlight today has been the "happiness" of the past week!
Spending quality time with my family for the holidays.
Landing a WONDERFUL Doc for P~Nutty.
Getting to cook a late, pressure free Thanksgiving meal....
A full nights sleep for the baby.. thumbup
The excitement of a "possible" house...

Ya know, after you go through one of those bad deep vallies of crisis where nothing goes right...it is so refreshing to have some "possitives" hit home!!!!

~V~
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - November 30th, 2005 at 10:02 AM
My highlight of the day was realizing it was Tuesday before Wednesday got here!

shocked laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 1st, 2005 at 12:31 AM
My highlight for the day is the fact that Bill has maxxxed his PM box out yet AGAIN!
laugh laugh p laugh laugh laugh p

grinnnn
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 1st, 2005 at 12:34 AM
What...NO dancing banananana.... laugh

~V~
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 1st, 2005 at 12:46 AM
O.K...dancing banana and BOLD letters!

[Linked Image] laugh [Linked Image] laugh [Linked Image] laugh [Linked Image]

BILL'S PM BOX IS FULL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

grinnnn
Posted By: barleychown Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 1st, 2005 at 12:48 AM
Now that's the way to celebrate! thumbup

(you didn't have anything to do with it being full, did you? angell )
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 1st, 2005 at 12:50 AM
you didn't have anything to do with it being full, did you?
NOPE! Not me!!! grinnnn
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 2nd, 2005 at 02:56 AM
CHRISTMAS CARDS!!!

I love christmas Cards. Hope you all are enjoying yours.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 2nd, 2005 at 08:05 AM
I got my first Christmas card yesterday! grinnnn
I love getting Christmas cards, hooper!

And my highlight of today......... grinnnn

....drumroll, please.......... grinnnn

I am so happy I wish I could post a picture of me doing the banana dance...because I am doin' it right now!

Picture me here -------> [Linked Image]

Cindy Faye
Posted By: Triss Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 2nd, 2005 at 08:11 AM
Good news all around today Cindy. I love getting cards as well and got a couple today. People here are on top of cards and I am just getting my list together.

My highlight.... SNOW!!!!!

Gotta love the stuff!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 2nd, 2005 at 09:31 AM
so many highlights i can't count, but the biggest (besides getting tgh time kissies and, ALL 9 babies made it, with only a few broke leaves, so i can start new babies with the broke leaves!!! (oh, and i still love my job, they sent me to a seminar today on "helicopter parents" laugh laugh )
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 2nd, 2005 at 10:43 AM
Hi Jiffy! Good to see you!
So glad you are enjoying your job.
Helicopter parents is such an interesting phrase for them - I just love it, and was applauding when I first heard it on tv a few weeks ago.
My sister is one of those - my nephew is going to the same school that she went to (my son also just graduated from there, as did my sister's ex and his sister) so there is a long line in their family involved with that school. But... my sister still thinks it's "HER" school and goes to every function and bothers him about everything - even though it's a 4 hour drive for her. Talk about a HELICOPTER PARENT!
Posted By: angelblossom Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 2nd, 2005 at 11:20 AM
My Highlight today is my 8 yearold grandson !
Today I went to have lunch with him as school,
(Grandparents lunch day) When I arrived he said ' Granny ( I've told him a million times NOT to call me GRANNY!!)( All my other Gran-kids call me Granma Didi) ANY WAY!! He said,"Granny, I promise I will never call you Granny again, IF you don't make me kiss you good-bye in front of my classroom, Needless to say I Waved bye to my oldest Grandson today from at LEAST 15 Ft away!! laugh laugh laugh And I got the thumbup thumbs up from him in return!! cool
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 2nd, 2005 at 01:04 PM
( I've told him a million times NOT to call me GRANNY!!)
laugh laugh laugh
Somebody got *poofed* here once for calling ME "Granny"!
laugh [Linked Image] laugh

(But, Brennan gets to call me that!) grinnnn
Posted By: Triss Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 2nd, 2005 at 01:15 PM
My mom is Granny. She chose it for herself when patrick was born. Me, when I get there want to be something else. Dunno what yet though.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 2nd, 2005 at 01:19 PM
Oh, I love "Granny"!
That's what I wanted Brennan to call me.
He called Andy "Pappy".

But, because all the other grandkids called my mom "Granny", he got confused...and started calling me Cindy Granny and called her Granny Granny....

Granny is good... thumbup
...unless it's some punk on the forum being mean to me! shk
Posted By: Triss Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 2nd, 2005 at 01:51 PM
That is too funny Cindy. My Grandmom was MomMom to all of us kiddos.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 2nd, 2005 at 09:22 PM
My husband's mother was MomMom to his sister's 2 kids - they are much older than ours.. She died when our son was 3 and he only saw her twice because we lived across the country, so he didn't really know her.

My husband's grandparents were Nana and PopPop.
Mine on both sides were Grandma and Grandpa, so I prefer that.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 3rd, 2005 at 08:25 AM
My grandson Tre' asked me one day at the grocery store after watching a older woman(had to be in her 80's at least) gingerly pass us in the aisle ;stared at her for a long time(He was around 4 or 5 then) in thought: finally he said Granma Didi is a Granma and Granny the same thing??? I Laughed and told him when I get that old Yes I will certainly Be your Granny then, or you can call me Big MAMA, Ma-Dear, Grandmother, as I would have certainly have been all that to you , BUT untill then just call me Granma Didi , like you hear your cousins call me Auntie Didi and your aunts and uncles call me Didi I'm Grandma Didi Okay? He agreed untill 1st grade and realized the true meaning of Granny and has been razzing me ever since SO ONERY!!! SO...
afgreyparrott Granny IS okay But for him because he likes to razz me Granny is not okay lala laugh laugh
I Agree with "poofing" when Granny is taken out of context and used in a malichious manner frown
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 4th, 2005 at 12:55 AM
I missed it. I don't know what it was,...but I know I missed it.

My highlight today was experimenting with a new recipe and having it come out really good. So now it's down in the recipe section.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 4th, 2005 at 02:23 AM
Tk I love experimenting with reciepes, Especially when you alter and substitude ingrediants.. And most important when you serve it and they say is that ALL you made make more next time!!
My highlite today is....
Today is 72 degrees right now!!!, with a light breeze Wonderful!!! It's supposed to get 80-85!!! Yeah Yard work time, and getting my new compose pile started... yesterday when I got up it was 27 degrees, this weather has got outside plants confused!! I opened ALL the Windows in the house, and am burning 'white rose' scented candles, NICE! I Am SO loving this!!
By the way I did a tribute to our garden friends by way of 'Twas the night before Christmas , posted in Poets, writters corner..
laugh
While being on garden forum IS addictive I'm going outside now YEA!!!!!!!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 4th, 2005 at 06:14 AM
My highlight was getting a bread machine..It is used but in new condition, now learning to use it.
Posted By: JV Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 4th, 2005 at 11:49 PM
My highlight for today. My granddaughter with 6 kids taking time to come over and wash and put back up my curtains and clean where I can't get down to.
Jimmy
Posted By: comfrey Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 5th, 2005 at 12:21 PM
My highlight today was using my new bread machine for the first time...The bread was ok...Not the same as home made, which I am use to, But I keep experimenting with recipes until I find one that works good for me...I did find out setting it on the deep freeze was not the right place, as it rumbled when kneading, so it needs a sturdier surface.
Posted By: Fernie Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 5th, 2005 at 01:44 PM
I'm Granny to my grandkids. I chose it. The other grandmother is Grandma. It is very confusing to everyone except us. laugh laugh My highlight for today is the sun dancing off the foot of snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 7th, 2005 at 12:57 AM
My highlight is noticing a new stem of growth on a passion flower plant that I brought inside to try and overwinter. I got the plant as a 4 inch cutting last May. It took off a bit outside last summer, but no flowers. After speaking with Will Creed about how to overwinter it, it is happily residing by the sliding glass doors in the kitchen. It did drop a bunch of leaves at first, but I'm ecstatic to see new growth not only on the original tip, but also mid-plant. kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 7th, 2005 at 02:07 AM
Great highlight Lynne. It is alwasy good for our souls to see spring in the middle of winter!

As for me, the highlight is that today is my official start to the Christmas season. So I get to decorate and make the house look fun for the kiddos. They love all the lights so I try to put up a lot.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 7th, 2005 at 02:11 AM
oooooh - Triss - pictures please?!?!?!?
Posted By: Triss Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 7th, 2005 at 02:23 AM
Of course I will post pics for ya! Got to get to it though. I kinda got sidetracked with unpacking. I am forever doing that and now have added a couple of projects to my list. Never ends, but still chugging away here.
Posted By: Triss Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 7th, 2005 at 06:18 AM
Ok Lynne, Just for you. What I have gotten done this morning. There are lights in the garland, but I will have to take a pic at night to see them really well.

I am showing the before and after. This space is above my server on the wall between the living room and dining area. It can been seen from both, plus the kitchen and is a very focal wall in the house.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 7th, 2005 at 07:01 AM
Triss , your house is looking so festive!!! I know the kid's eyes just light up!!!

I don't post in this thread NEAR as often as I should...I whine a lot about situations...but everyday there are many highlights! Some are so simple but VERY significant...so I am going to try to do better about openly being thankful for the "highlights"...

Today my highlight was a little boy getting off the bus in his sweet little overalls and ball cap on backwards...marching into the house and looking me straight in the eye and saying...O.Kee.. (jabbers for Okay!) I couldn't help but bust out laughing. I have no idea what was okay...but at that moment...everything was!!!! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 7th, 2005 at 07:48 AM
Well you made me smile with that one!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 7th, 2005 at 09:01 AM
'Nessa - that's a highlight for me too!
Too sweet!
by the way... do you say "okay" when he gets off the bus? just wondering...

Triss - thanks so much for sharing those pics!
Cute decorations! Is that wallhanging homemade?
I love the colors!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 7th, 2005 at 09:32 AM
by the way... do you say "okay" when he gets off the bus? just wondering...
Nope..never have...but I bet we start!!! thumbup

~V~
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 7th, 2005 at 09:41 AM
Today my highlight was a little boy getting off the bus in his sweet little overalls and ball cap on backwards...marching into the house and looking me straight in the eye and saying...O.Kee..
That's my highlight today, too! kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 7th, 2005 at 10:24 AM
I am sure the hanging is homemade. I recieved it as a gift. It happens to have a bit of my favorite Christmas song on it. "Do you see what I see..." So that makes it more special to me.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 7th, 2005 at 11:47 AM
Triss, that is one of my personal holiday favorites....

That's my highlight today, too!
Oh Garden Ant cinja...I wish I would have taken a shot of him in his overalls and his cap on backwards for you...I will next time we get them on ....he is a cutie~PA~Tootie!!! luv
~V~
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 8th, 2005 at 12:10 AM
The bread maker requires a different type of flour and they have special recipes for them as well. You probably already know this but I am the type that never finds out about these things until long after everyone else so I just thought I would mention it. The cherry cheese danish were a BIG success and they are super easy to make. So that was a big highlight. And the elders really enjoy comming over for dinner and that's a big highlight too. And getting the floor cleaned is another big highlight. Now if I can just get the bathroom done I'll feel like I have the world by the tail lol.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 8th, 2005 at 07:59 AM
highlights today ~ getting on here to "catch up" for a change...

getting an ok report from the dr...

having the house to myself....

reading all the highlights y'all have had, especially p'nut!
Posted By: Bill Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 18th, 2005 at 06:42 AM
Highlight of the day?
I got carded at the wine store! grinnnn

laugh What a joke... but I'm going back there again, thats for sure! laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 18th, 2005 at 06:44 AM
Well good for you Bill!

My highlight is hearing all my kiddos hang out with my niece.
Posted By: comfrey Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 18th, 2005 at 01:41 PM
My highlight today was getting my seeds from the fall flower fling...Now I can go to sleep with visions of flowers flw flw flw flw in my new flower bed I started in the fall and will finish in the spring and enjoy throughout the summer. clp
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 20th, 2005 at 10:36 AM
highlight today? getting here for a change! miss y'all kissies
Posted By: angelblossom Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 20th, 2005 at 10:46 AM
Jiffymouse HI!! Hope you're feeling better!! Highlight seeing Jiffymouse!!
And Finding out we have Friday thru Monday Off. To Understand this excitement My Boss is a Scrooge!! No Christmas Parties, No Bonus, No cards.. But 2 DAYS OFF WITH PAY!! YEAH!! (He hasn't done that for us in about 5 years always have to go back day after holiday or if the holiday falls on a Sunday we have to work on that Saturday before.) Good thing I love what I do!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 20th, 2005 at 11:29 AM
kissies thank you angel... the day off monday will be good for me too!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 21st, 2005 at 02:15 AM
Definitely Suzydaze and the fall flower fling has been a big highlight. I even went so far as to get a real drawer for my seeds. It pulls out and everything lol.

Then I got invited to a new years eve party and that was great. So I am looking forward to that. And I got around to one of my cookbooks and found out that the recipes are a cut above most which is always good to find out lol.

In fact just about everything is a highlight today. I found a big bathrobe for my roommate so as soon as he leaves I'll wrap it and he'll have it for christmas and I won't have to see him walking around bare butted any more.
Posted By: comfrey Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 21st, 2005 at 02:13 PM
tk..I thought you kicked your roommate out???? That is great about your seed drawer, I use a plastic bucket with a good lid, plus I have several smaller boxes with "special" seeds.

My highlight today was being able to do nothing, I took the day off from all house work.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 22nd, 2005 at 10:31 AM
highlight spending time with my oldest daughter AGAIN this week, that's twice and we have a baking date for friday! thumbup
Posted By: comfrey Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 22nd, 2005 at 12:56 PM
My high light today was spending time with my oldest son, whom I hadn't seen for a couple of months, His birthday is tommarow and he just moved into a new apartment, So I took him a huge box full of food and household stuff, plus food for his little minpin Betty.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 23rd, 2005 at 12:09 AM
I try to be very slow to act or react. Since my judgement is always suspect.

Yep I'm loving my new seed drawer. It's the perfect solution. But your right I also have several special seed boxes going all the time. There is the trade box, and now the fall fling box so there is a wider selection of seeds for that big exchange, and a box for Sister Blair who can't plant right now because she will be moving in May. But this way she will have something to remember me by and a pretty garden as well. She loves daisy like flowers. I wish I had some of those african kinds like Mr. Bill has that curl up sometimes. I think those are so cool. I know She would love those.

Anyway my highlights today are that the elders are comming to dinner and we are having stouffers lasagna. Which is one of my favorites. Just pop in the oven and eat. Can't get much easier than that lol.
Posted By: comfrey Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 23rd, 2005 at 10:27 AM
My son called me today..It is his birthday, Wow is he that old already???? So then I called my mother to tell her about my revelation...Wow I guess I am getting old to have a son..That OLd???? So then her and I had a very bonding conversation, about how old she is and how she feels having a daughter that is old as I am....Anyway my mom and I never see eye to eye on anything nor can she complement me on anything....So to have a real bonding moment was very special.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 24th, 2005 at 02:03 AM
I may have forgotten a highlight last week. I got a waffle iron. I've never owned one before and I think it is so cool to have one. I can't wait to make waffles but I kind of think I'm going to break it in on Christmas Morning. Don't you think Belgian Waffles sound like a good Christmas Morning treat?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 4, let's go for more! - December 25th, 2005 at 08:01 AM
thumbup comfrey, enjoy those, you will need them later...

thumbup tk, i'd love some waffles, make me some too ok?

my highlight today? just getting here!

oh, and i got to talk to several members... to wish them a very mousey merry Christmas. if you didn't get a call, i don't have your number! (less 3 that i have to call yet... i ran out of road laugh laugh wink )
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]