A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Meg Lots of tiny buds - August 11th, 2005 at 06:52 PM
What's this very tall weed all over my ditch, with these buds I'm just now starting to notice?

Whole plant-
[Linked Image]

Near the bottom-
[Linked Image]

And the top-
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Meg Re: Lots of tiny buds - August 14th, 2005 at 12:40 PM
no guesses on this one yet? lala
Posted By: rozy221 Re: Lots of tiny buds - August 14th, 2005 at 01:10 PM
Is it fuzzy? It kinda looked that way from the pics but I wasn't sure. If it is, I believe it's a terrible weed (don't remember the name) and, seeing as it's going to flower now, you're likely to be stuck with it for several years-and expect more next year from the seed spread. I got curious last year and let one or two go to flower. They really didn't do much, but now this year I have them EVERYWHERE, so I've been trying to pull them as soon as I see them.
Posted By: BFVISION Re: Lots of tiny buds - August 14th, 2005 at 07:34 PM
The only defense is pulling. You know its got to be a weed because they need little care and grow so quickly. I get them too but only in the areas I don't regularly visit(behind the shed, around the AC unit, etc) I have my own name for this plant but wouldn't post it here because it would fall into a whole group of plants I call $##@%&*$@#!!%weeds! LOL
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Lots of tiny buds - August 14th, 2005 at 11:23 PM
White Fleabane
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Lots of tiny buds - August 14th, 2005 at 11:25 PM
I would like to see it again,
once it fully opens though!!!!
Posted By: Carly Re: Lots of tiny buds - August 15th, 2005 at 09:46 AM
It looks like one of the ones I took from a curb yesterday and planted in front of a fence on a slope.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]