A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: sandy113 pothos plants - February 20th, 2007 at 04:36 PM
help all of my trimming from my plants has turned yellow
Posted By: njoynit Re: pothos plants - February 21st, 2007 at 07:05 PM
My older leaves usually turn yellow and fall off on their own.Its usually the ones closest to the soil& I just tuck the vine sections that drop them in the pot and cover with more soil.My monster is in the bathroom.its a solid green one.I'm sure its getting rootbound,plus the pot has no drain hole so I try to not water as much.I have marble queen.Its finally started growing better.I'd love to find the lime green one.
They like humidity.When I was a teenager I lived in Corpus Christi TX & took a broke vine and planted in ground.It climbed up the tree and back down so its vines reached about 30 ft or better in 2 years.The leaves got larger also.It bloomed 2 years after I moved back home.I was told was a cream flower with purple spathe .durring the 3rd year It rooted in my aunt's pond when one of the vines laid out in the water.My golden pothos got full last year when stuck one vine in circles and covered with soil.It added numerous vines.....Then I forgot to bring indoors for a freeze.....Its black now,but is returning from root....slowly.It has 3 small leaves.
Posted By: sandy113 Re: pothos plants - March 7th, 2007 at 01:45 PM
i love your fish tanks i too have pocos in a 75 gallon tank i did a water change 2 days ago and now my water is so cloudy to the point i can't see my fish can u please help me . i too love cats and dogs i have a pit bull and 2 taco bell dogs and 2 cats i love plants as well if u go to my photobucket u can see my pictures i also like making candles
Posted By: njoynit Re: pothos plants - March 7th, 2007 at 02:57 PM
Did you know if you put another fish in with a poco....and He don't like his new tank mate...He will excrete a substance that makes the other fish sick and will kill it?I wanted to know why the larger poco could not do the same to the other fish.....but glad MINE survived.I don't have my poco anymore.He got sick and got medicine...And I OD'd him.Hubby who NEVER feeds or does anything to the fish....gives meds when nobody is looking or tells anyone.water change did help.

Go to wallyworld& buy some Aqua safe.It will condtion your water.It also helps nutrlize the chlorine& amonia componets 1 tsp per 10 gallons.also if your fish gets a cut on him this can be used to treat his cut.it will put a slime coating thats safe for the fish and help him heal faster.also change your filters.I'm one of those folks who will hose it with sprayer on hose and say its clean and replace when the charcoal don't work no more.I think it costs about $6.a 3 oz bottle last me a good year and have a 75/55 gallon tank

I got a different fish now.He's kewl.He bangs the temp thing against tank if I'm late feeding him.

HERE
http://www.mrec.ifas.ufl.edu/Foliage/folnotes/pothos.htm

Is a page that lists symptoms of problems and how to resolve.I think is fungal problem and you'll see on the roots.you didn't mention seeing any damage or how the plant looked when took the cuttings.My larger one is kept on the dryer side cause the pot don't have drain holes.I've started fertilizeing them again too.got 8 inches growth in 1 week.Its already engulfed the TV enough that it don't need dusted anymore!(yes...I have a TV in the bathroom.I can see it when do laundry too.we just don't turn it on much.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sandy113 Re: pothos plants - March 11th, 2007 at 02:48 PM
i would love for my pothos to look like that please help me
Posted By: sandy113 Re: pothos plants - March 15th, 2007 at 10:24 AM
good morning njoynit can u tell me how u got your plant to grow like that
Posted By: sandy113 Re: pothos plants - March 16th, 2007 at 02:43 PM
njoynit can i use the water from my fish tank to water my plants
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]