A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous Pigeons - March 19th, 2007 at 01:36 AM
Do they migrate? I don't think they do...LOL First one I've had in my yard though since summer. I got within 2 feet of it and it didn't even move. I think it might've been hurt because it was flying a little funny.

Out of all the birds, cowbirds, starlings, grackles, sparrows...I like pigeons the least.....which I know is mean, it's a bird. Birds need to eat. I actually felt sorry for this one today. It really seemed hurt somehow.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pigeons - March 19th, 2007 at 01:42 AM
BTW, we never ever had pigeons up here on the hill....they always stayed downtown near the river....seems like word has spread that I put out a feast eh? laugh Got rid of some old bread today and filled the feeders up with black sunflower seeds. thumbup
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Pigeons - March 19th, 2007 at 02:24 AM
That was nice of you, Loz. It really was. clp
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Pigeons - March 19th, 2007 at 02:40 PM
Ahhhhh....how cute Loz!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Pigeons - March 19th, 2007 at 03:03 PM
It's all good until last night I had a dream about a bird the size of a small plane....like a Cessna sized bird flying around downtown. laugh

I'm serious! laugh Must've been from seeing that pigeon---they're so big!

I don't like to see any bird hurt. I have a soft heart for the birds...usually my thinking is, if it's a bird it needs to eat just because it isn't a pretty bird I like it doesn't mean it isn't hungry. I've just never really liked pigeons....but hey, I gotta take my own words to heart sometimes....it's a bird too. thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Pigeons - March 19th, 2007 at 03:20 PM
I love pigeons!
Me and my brother had pet pigeons when he lived with me years ago, when Rachel was a little kid. They are so smart.

We used to take Peeper miles from home then turn him loose and race him back home. He always won! laugh

I culd tell some stories about that pigeon, but I don't want to hi-jack this topic.

(Did i say THAT?) shk
I must be ill..... shocked laugh
Posted By: Thornius Re: Pigeons - March 19th, 2007 at 03:26 PM
Pigeons DON'T migrate they just start out in Central Park in New York City and just let their population EXPLODE until they slowly spread over the New World for hundreds of years, eventually reaching the tip of South America and Alaska.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]