A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: kitty811 photo of dahlias from last year - February 23rd, 2007 at 01:39 PM
Last fall, some of you gave me good advice on lifting Dahlias. Here is a photo of last year's, started from seed.
Posted By: netty Re: photo of dahlias from last year - February 24th, 2007 at 12:06 AM
Hi Kitty wavey
I can't see the photo ters
Posted By: TomR Re: photo of dahlias from last year - February 24th, 2007 at 12:23 AM
Try again! No photo...
Posted By: dodge Re: photo of dahlias from last year - March 4th, 2007 at 12:54 AM
kitty,

Here is my last years dahlia from seed. One of my favorite colors.....
I lifted it for the first time.. Now I will see if it grows again.

They are so special..
Try again. [Linked Image]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: photo of dahlias from last year - March 4th, 2007 at 12:58 AM
I just love dahlia's Barb....very pretty!!!
Posted By: dodge Re: photo of dahlias from last year - March 4th, 2007 at 01:02 AM
penny

Thanks......I had lots of colors, but this one seems to be my favorite.
Red orange yellow.......
They seem to like the south side of my house where nothing else seems to like..???Beats me why.
Gee I have so many favorite.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: photo of dahlias from last year - March 4th, 2007 at 01:11 AM
Dont we all....but those sure are pretty!!!!
Posted By: dodge Re: photo of dahlias from last year - March 4th, 2007 at 01:18 AM
penny,

We're all Flower Hogs.huh?
Now they added taxes to our seeds in The state I live in, which makes me more glad I am a swapper.
Goodness I could never afford all the things I play with......(Seeds)
shocked shocked shocked
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: photo of dahlias from last year - March 4th, 2007 at 01:21 AM
laugh laugh laugh I know eh...thats so true!!!
Posted By: cinta Re: photo of dahlias from last year - March 4th, 2007 at 02:36 AM
Barb,that is beautiful. Someone sent me some seeds last year and I did not plant them. I am not good at growing seeds inside.

Did you start it inside or did you direct sow?

I grow mine in pots and every year just bring the pots into the garage. In the summer I pull the pots out and I plant some coleus in the pots and I have instant beauty. LOL They started growing leaves last week.
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: photo of dahlias from last year - March 4th, 2007 at 02:37 AM
What does "lifted" mean?
I'm very interested in dahlia posts as the Edna C. dahlia was named for my beloved friend, Edna Comstock, and was developed by her husband, R. Paul Comstock.
Posted By: cinta Re: photo of dahlias from last year - March 4th, 2007 at 03:41 AM
Deborah, Lift means digging them up and storing them inside for the winter. They are not hardy in our zone.

If we dig them up at the end of summer and keep them from freezing we can plant the bulbs outside the following summer.
Posted By: dodge Re: photo of dahlias from last year - March 4th, 2007 at 01:37 PM
cinta

correct......

I planted my plants inside from seeds .. This will be my first year with bulbs .. Now I am not sure when to plant those.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]