A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: njoynit Help me ID my unknown cacti.............. - March 14th, 2007 at 03:05 PM
I still don't know what these are.I think I recently seen ONE of them growing in the ground quiet large next county over.

so anybody Know???????????????????????????????? Duh

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

on the last picture...YES.that IS a crockpot its planted in Duh :rolleyes: hate moveing it. I sat them in shade last year....i've not moved them that far this year(crock pot is easiest mover too.... nutz

I hope someone can help................
Posted By: comfrey Re: Help me ID my unknown cacti.............. - March 14th, 2007 at 07:24 PM
I use to have one like that years ago, but can't remember the name right now & I know what it is. I wouldn't mind having a baby or start of it though laugh I have more cactus then anyone I know, I guess I like them, since they can thrive on neglect.
Posted By: MLN Re: Help me ID my unknown cacti.............. - March 14th, 2007 at 09:30 PM
I swear that tallest one looks a lot like an African milk tree I had years ago (left it out in the cold to freeze to death one night eek ) except it doesn't have all the little leaves on it like mine did. It was a really neat cactus given to me as a start by a friend who moved away. I've never seen one to buy in the 24 years since I killed mine.
Posted By: margaret e. pell Re: Help me ID my unknown cacti.............. - March 15th, 2007 at 12:56 AM
I believe it is a Cereus tetragonus, and a very nice one, too!
Cereus tetragonus
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Help me ID my unknown cacti.............. - March 15th, 2007 at 01:32 AM
margaret, i edited your post to shorten the url. and i think you may be right!
Posted By: comfrey Re: Help me ID my unknown cacti.............. - March 15th, 2007 at 01:50 AM
I am pretty sure that Margaret is right also!!!
Posted By: njoynit Re: Help me ID my unknown cacti.............. - March 15th, 2007 at 07:36 PM
Ok I agree.does seem like castles.sap is clear.

so whats the one in the crockpot?its sap is clear too.I even smiled when I poked them.....and my donkey ear optunia cacti is going to bloom this year...I need to find the part the dog took off with still.

I use to have a euphorbia triangulas type thing,,,it had them small leaf things your thinking of..and the white sap.I killed it.I'm alot better at zone denial now than then.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]