A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: kennyso Spring Fling... (part 3) - February 28th, 2007 at 03:04 AM
continuing from Spring Fling... (part 2)
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - February 28th, 2007 at 01:42 PM
Hi Kennyso, thankyou for starting this topic. And here are the rules so no one has to go looking for them in past posts.

RULES

1. Please try to put at least 20 seeds per pack. Seed packets need to have the name of the seed on them. If english/american is your second language you may want to use the scientific/botanical name for the plant. That makes it easier to find in english. Other nice things to have on the envelope that are not necessary are USDA growing zones if known, growing conditions (sun vs. shade, ph if unusual, if it needs light to germinate) your screen name. These things are not necessary. Send a pack of seeds that you would be happy receiving!

2. Mail your seeds no later than March 23rd.

3. Send a wishlist of the seed you would like with the understanding that I'll do my best but can't guarantee that you will get what you hope for. As regards wishlist, these can be as specific or as general as you would like or you don't have to do one at all. Or they can be a combination. For example I'm looking for tropical plants to grow indoors since I don't have a garden patch anymore. That's rather general. But I am also looking for Dutchman's Pipe. Now that is specific. So I could put both of them on my wish list. It just helps me to select which seeds to send you when I have a very wide selection to chose from.

4. Send a SASBE (self-addressed stamped bubble envelope) with your seeds. Please make sure you have enough return postage on the envelope.

5. Please limit the maximum number of seed packs per envelope to 100. Multiple mailings are ok!
6. I will do my best to get your seeds to you by April 15th.
7. Please limit same seed types to a maximum of 25 seed packets. For example if you are sending in Blue Columbines please don't send in more than 25 packets of this type. But you could also send in 25 Red Columbines in the same envelope and that would be great.

NOTICE! All seed packs will be cataloged.
If you send weed seeds we will be able to track who they came from, and you will be banned from participating in future seed swaps, and your name will be posted in the Seed Exchange forum as a "risk"!

If you'd like to participate in this Swap, please PM Tammy (tkhooper) for her address to mail your seeds.

Let the Spring Fling Round Robin Seed Exchange BEGIN!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - February 28th, 2007 at 01:43 PM
I'm caught up on all the paperwork! Yippie Yahooey lol. I'll be gone most of the day today. But I'll check in this evening. Take care all and have a great day. I'm looking forward to more seeds this evening.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - February 28th, 2007 at 02:22 PM
Congratulations, Tammy!! You are the best! thumbup clp
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 1st, 2007 at 01:33 AM
tammy is going to miss us when she is all shipped out>>;o)

Huh tammy.
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 1st, 2007 at 10:40 AM
Yeah, but there's always Fall Fling.....lol
I don't want to think about Fall....I want Spring...Where all the flowers show their stuff and hummingbirds and butterflies hang around.....

I hope we all have lots'a flowers this year....I know I will have more variety than last year....thanks to the great people on this forum....

Have a great day everyone,

Kratz7
Posted By: njoynit Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 1st, 2007 at 01:26 PM
I'm sending out today.You'll cool clp
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 1st, 2007 at 01:41 PM
I have until the end of the month so there is still plenty of time to enjoy everyones comments. I had to packages come in yesterday they were from jmorrrris and Sibyl. I haven't opened them or started their paperwork but I probably will this evening.

I was up early this morning working on church stuff. I can't believe how long it takes. Our stuff is so much quicker. To bad the ward doesn't have a forum.
Posted By: njoynit Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 1st, 2007 at 08:42 PM
I mailed your box priority #03061070000497335736 And the spring fling will follow closely.Sure glad your enjoying this!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 1st, 2007 at 10:15 PM
I can't wait to see what you sent in. Your seeds are always so cool. Take care.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 2nd, 2007 at 06:33 AM
glad ya got my seeds tammy.
Posted By: njoynit Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 2nd, 2007 at 02:05 PM
I stuck some seeds with my postage for you.They just germinated today so thats 14 days.I'm sure you'll love them [Linked Image]

I'm hoping your box arrives Saturday.I'm glad you did this,I haven't seen the top of my bar for ages.I've actually got enough room now to play shots!

Going fishing!C ya'll!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 3rd, 2007 at 11:50 AM
Thankyou njoynit,

I don't think I got downstairs yesterday but I'll be going in just a short minute.

Have a great day everyone.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 3rd, 2007 at 03:14 PM
no seeds today but that just means more for Monday.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 5th, 2007 at 05:35 PM
I got njoynit's box today. I'm so excited. I can't wait until she looks in.

HEY NJOYNIT!!!!! What is my plant please please tell me what my plant is, PLEASE.......

I immediately dropped everything and planted it in one of my pretty pots. I put gravel in my potting soil cause it looks like a succulent. I hope I'm not wrong on that.

Because I watered it. It lost it's large leaves they got broken in transit. But the root and the stem look to be fine.

I am just so excited. Thankyou njoynit. It's a great present.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 7th, 2007 at 11:32 AM
Kennyso your seeds arrived today. I'm not sure about the Goldenrod. I may be returning those seeds to you.
Posted By: njoynit Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 8th, 2007 at 12:36 AM
Did postal lose the post it note too?I stuck it on a leaf Its an Epi you can see the blooms over in cacti/succulant forum.May have to go back to sept?Its blooms are fragrant.I knew you wanted one.You can pot up the broke pieces in the pot and they'll sprout.They like to be pot bound.I have mine in a hanging basket.I moved mine into something sturdier cause the leaves you'll be growing will add weight....and they can break them plastic hangers(hence why it got repoted...does not stay on branches if have a gust of 27 MPH....just ask the plant.)I made sure you got a section that will bloom this year.I knew you wanted one.It will grow faster its 2nd& 3rd year.bright light,or the stems will sunburn red(like mine did)protect from frost but can tolerate cold temps.Good draineage is good,I use cactis mix. its gritty.I'll send you the fertilzer mix I use.I gotta check my dinner.It smells good though.
you found your brug seeds with postage right?

I'm SOO sorry you had to wait 2 days to find out............I been fishing.I really would not mind a laptop....just to take fishing.I did catch 4 yesterday& caught 6 today.I just wish everyone would keep not needing me for this& that.I just want to fish.....with no kid telling me every 5 minutes'your bobber moved....your bobber moved'I swear the lake got a breeze cause he was talking THAT much............

Everyone don't forget I got the plant/cutting exchange started.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 8th, 2007 at 01:55 AM
Tammy, glad they made it to you...did you get both packages? That didn't even take 4 weeks (so much for what the postal lady said laugh )
Posted By: PartyGirl Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 8th, 2007 at 03:49 AM
Hi Tammy,

I sent another pack of seeds to you....postage included with my address label.

I will have one more package to send in about a week or 10 days, but thought you might appreciate having some more seeds to work with, sooner rather than later.
Posted By: Triss Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 8th, 2007 at 03:58 AM
Tammy, I am afraid mine may get there last. I am really slow moving with this one. Will get there though.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 8th, 2007 at 02:11 PM
Hi Njoynit, It's an EPI!!!!! I'm so excited. I immediately moved it because I had it in an east facing window. Hope I didn't do to much damage. I'll have to get some cactus potting soil I'm out right now. I wish I had known about the leaves. They got tossed and the garbage man has already come. I'm afraid the brug and the post it know are casualties of the postal service. They put a big hole in the package and I think opened it because there was clear postal tape on top of the masking tape on one end. But I could just be paranoid. Thankyou for the EPI. Your right I had wanted one for a long time.

Hi Kennyso, I think I just got one package. But I'll make sure and check.

Hey Partygirl, Thankyou for your seeds. It is such a nice selection.

Good Morning Triss, Don't worry about 2/3rds of the group haven't sent there's in yet so you are not alone.

I am thinking about sending out the canadian packages soon since it takes them so long to cross the border.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 8th, 2007 at 02:15 PM
Any sign of mine Tammy....they went last week to you??
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 8th, 2007 at 09:49 PM
They haven't arrived yet Penny. I'll keep my eyes peeled for them.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 9th, 2007 at 03:19 AM
Tammy...confession here shocked I just got the second envelope back today (so I guess I can put the jasmine and luffa in for you)...through all the excitement, I accidently forgot to put your address on the envelope and it got returned to me so it'll go out first thing tomorrow morning
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 9th, 2007 at 12:40 PM
Hey Kennyso,

That just shows how excited you were to get them out. I'll look forward to seeing them arrived.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 10th, 2007 at 11:58 AM
Tammy my seeds were mailed out to you yesterday--I bet you get them Monday! kissies
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 10th, 2007 at 01:29 PM
I sure will Loz. I look forward to seeing what all you send in.
Posted By: njoynit Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 10th, 2007 at 03:07 PM
guess we should DOCK postal their PAY RAISE for bad job performance...they gotta earn it huh.Sorry they treated it badly.
Fishings been good& adventurous.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 11th, 2007 at 12:38 PM
PartyGirl and Njoynit your seeds came in Woohoo! I can't wait to dig through them and see what all you sent in.

I'm trying to be patient and not fill everyone's envelopes up yet until more people have sent in there seeds. But it's hard not to get infront of myself sometimes.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 12th, 2007 at 05:56 PM
laugh i was just about to ask how things are comming along for ya tammy! laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 14th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
Just wondering how things are going Tammy? Did you get my seeds?
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 14th, 2007 at 03:43 PM
Any sign of mine Tammy??
They should be there this week for sure!!
Posted By: dirt in my diamonds Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 14th, 2007 at 07:47 PM
I'm still planning to send out some seeds. Hopefully I can get them out on Friday. It was more hectic here than I anticipated since Pixie was sick.

Thanks!!!
Posted By: buzylady Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 15th, 2007 at 06:11 PM
Oh good. I'm not the only one. Haven't been here for awhle and my envelope has been ready for days. Just can't get to the post office. Also have a package for my granddaughter she's been asking for. Should have done that while the weather was nice. Now they're calling for more dreaded white stuff.
I will get it out this week Tammy.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 15th, 2007 at 11:04 PM
Tammy are you alive out there? Haven't saw you for a few days and I was just hoping things were okay on your end! kissies
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 16th, 2007 at 11:41 AM
Hi everyone, Sorry I've been so quiet. I started a diet and my attention has been focused on that. Loz your package came in. Penny no sign of your package yet. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

The deadline is approaching so try to get your seeds in the mail early next week.

If more seeds don't come in this week pickings are going to get pretty slender.

I'm trying to research perennials from annuals right now since there have been several requests for perennials. And I love to fill requests when I can.

BTW is anyone imparticular interested in the golden chain tree? These are so pretty and I have one package of seeds that I haven't decided where to send it. So here is your chance. If you are interested post here and I'll put all the names in my gardening hat. If I had the room you'd all be out of luck lol. hum....i wonder if they could be done as bonzai's.....
Posted By: kennyso Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 16th, 2007 at 01:21 PM
TAmmy, if I didn't have to move to a university dorm in two years, I'd claim the seeds laugh I'm pretty sure you could use them as bonsais, they are very pretty
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 16th, 2007 at 01:37 PM
Thanks Tammy...I;ll keep checking to see if they have come.
Posted By: maja24 Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 16th, 2007 at 07:49 PM
Hi Tammy, did my seeds come in yet, or did i miss something? (wich is very possible laugh )
Am i the one who sent in Golden chain tree seeds?..... even about that i'm not sure.....
Well if you like i can send some, i have lots of it!
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 16th, 2007 at 08:13 PM
I would take the golden chain seeds. thumbup My seeds will be out in the mail tomorrow or Monday! thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 17th, 2007 at 01:24 PM
Lorena and Lynn your seeds came in yesterday. Thankyou for your quick responses to my question.

Maja your seeds haven't come in yet. And the Chain tree came from someone else. And I think I have plenty. Trees don't find alot of homes although there is usually one person interested.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 17th, 2007 at 08:16 PM
Maja your seeds arrived today. Penny still no sign of yours. I think someone at your post office must like to hold on to seeds. I think yours were slow last year too. Or is my mind playing tricks on me?
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 17th, 2007 at 11:14 PM
Tammy, I'm so glad to see that you're still up and running and that you're restraining yourself on filling up the envelopes. I know that I'd just be rush-rush-rush and it would be a disaster. Thanks for all the hard work, I can't wait to see what I get!
Posted By: njoynit Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 19th, 2007 at 02:32 PM
I think that I sent in the golden rain tree seeds.it IS an awesome tree.It blooms in June.(which is cool....not much trees bloom then)bumble bees like the flowers.

I can't wait to get my seeds& see what I got.I've been placeing some brugs in ground....while looking over shoulder at mother nature.I fished for a spell this morning.will gather up more leaves off the flowerbeds so can plant& warm the soil.I've spent so much time with the shovel& rake this week......I don't even lose track of them.Leaf can either.but can't find my loppers.they are in bad shape anyway.I've wore them out this spring.I think the wire cutters would cut better.Time to spend $4 for another pair.
sorry ya'll got snow......I got a tan p
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 19th, 2007 at 02:33 PM
Nope....that was me then too.........i hope you get them this week!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 19th, 2007 at 04:12 PM
penny thats so odd! hows come you can send gifts with so proublem but your seeds take awile?
im thinking someone in your post office is a gardener kissies thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 19th, 2007 at 04:26 PM
Heeeeeey......never thought about it that way Christy laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 19th, 2007 at 05:41 PM
Hi all nothing so far today. But there is still time. The deadline is approaching so I hope you all manage to get to the post office if you haven't already.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 19th, 2007 at 06:57 PM
Thanks Tammy....fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 19th, 2007 at 11:30 PM
When do you start to shipp them out?

Spring starts 2 maro............If our snow melts..

b parte
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 20th, 2007 at 01:56 AM
probably the 28th. Or maybe the monday following. I have a bunch of medical & financial appointments along with some stuff for the church all comming due at the end of March so it might get alittle hairy. But I'll get them out as fast as possible.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 20th, 2007 at 05:56 AM
spring may be springing but my last frost date is may 10 eek laugh so i can wait. im still thinking were all to put the fall fling seeds laugh
Posted By: kennyso Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 20th, 2007 at 08:39 AM
Originally posted by sibyl:
spring may be springing but my last frost date is may 10 eek laugh so i can wait. im still thinking were all to put the fall fling seeds laugh
Toronto is May 9th! laugh laugh laugh I though we had one of the later LFD cuz we'r so north but guess we'r enot that far...sibyl we have somehitng to look forward to!
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 20th, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Yes gang................Spring is a beautiful time here.......
Not sure what date, cause I just read the Full Moon is on the 16th of may, and that is a frost catcher..
And sometime we are hit with one on Memorial day.

Watch your moons........;o)
I am very cautious.........I have Loads to Loose.
Posted By: Triss Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 20th, 2007 at 06:17 PM
Tammy, I got the seeds out in the mail yesterday. Sorry it took me so darn long this time.
Posted By: badplanter Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 20th, 2007 at 07:17 PM
kissies laugh laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 20th, 2007 at 07:36 PM
Penny your seeds arrived.

SB your seeds arrived.

Kathy from NC your seeds arrived.

Unknown from Auburn IN your seeds have arrived. I couldn't read the address on your envelope so I sure hope you are watching this thread because I need your address.

This fling is far more adventous than the one last fall.
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 20th, 2007 at 07:44 PM
tkhooper,

Glad your having an adventure......

We like all the suprises......Glad you have the knack for it ..

clp clp clp
Posted By: PartyGirl Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 20th, 2007 at 08:08 PM
Tammy,

I'm not going to be able to get that last (3rd) envie out on time. Can you look and see if i sent my address label & postage? I meant to, in case I got behind,

If I sent it tomorrow or Thursday, would it mess you up? I just have too much going on last weekend and honestly, I am recouperating smile )

Thanks,
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 21st, 2007 at 02:37 AM
thumbup laugh the gardeners in your post office must know were on to them laugh laugh

partygirl
the rules were to mail your seeds out by march 23 thumbup it aint the 23 yet so theres still time wink tammy said somthing about shes gonna start sending them out the 28 or april 1st, so if anyone sends somthing in later this week that gives your seeds time to come in before she starts mailing things out,,,,,did i get that right tammy?
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 21st, 2007 at 02:42 AM
Originally posted by badplanter:
My last frost date is April 15th kissies laugh laugh

[BAD!] badplanter! p
eek thats not fairrrrrr! laugh
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 21st, 2007 at 12:36 PM
I 2nd the motion... :p dev mad
luv

Make him quit that!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 21st, 2007 at 01:28 PM
Glad that they finally got there Tammy....was getting a little worried here!!
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 21st, 2007 at 05:17 PM
Penny,

Are you a Moderator on here also??

b
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 21st, 2007 at 05:37 PM
Me...nope...i just come here to gab and gab and did i mention gab laugh laugh
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 21st, 2007 at 06:13 PM
laugh laugh gab gab laugh laugh
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 21st, 2007 at 07:01 PM
penny

confused
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 21st, 2007 at 07:02 PM
penny

confused
Duh

idea frown laugh
Your sound so official..

;o)
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 21st, 2007 at 07:05 PM
I sent my seeds out today Tammy! Sorry I got them out so late! They should reach you by Friday or Saturday! thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 22nd, 2007 at 12:56 PM
Nah.....just love to talk Barb laugh laugh kissies laugh laugh
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 22nd, 2007 at 01:31 PM
laugh laugh shocked

Penny,

Who doesnt.. Ha ha .....flowers make a good conversation piece......
My neice is coming up from Florida and hoping to see my plants.. Easter......
I love to talk flowers to anyone who will listen.

Penny is a good listener..ha ha

clp
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 22nd, 2007 at 04:32 PM
Good listener and an even better talker....as you can tell by my posts shocked laugh laugh laugh ...but i just love talking to you all!!!
Posted By: dodge Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 22nd, 2007 at 05:33 PM
penny

GOod......
Maybe we can have a wonderful year.......

b
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 22nd, 2007 at 09:34 PM
Tammy, what is your almost final total of people for the exchange? Any idea on a final packet count yet? Please ignore me if you're too busy. I don't mean to be disturbing you, especially if you're busting your behind to get stuff done.
Posted By: PartyGirl Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 24th, 2007 at 05:22 AM
Tammy,

I sent my 3rd and final envelope to you today (the 23rd). You should have it Monday or Tuesday.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 24th, 2007 at 06:46 PM
hey just to let ya know the fourm has been moved heres a link
http://www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php
Posted By: buzylady Re: Spring Fling... (part 3) - March 25th, 2007 at 12:16 AM
sorry Tammy I didn't get my paks sent out. I'm sure you have plenty anyway.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]