A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Questbest how do I propagate philodendron? - January 18th, 2007 at 04:44 PM
My philodendron is getting quite long and I would like to start some others from it-would I just cut of the long stems and stick in pots of soil like you would with a pothos?Can they be rooted in water at all?
Posted By: Loveday Re: how do I propagate philodendron? - January 18th, 2007 at 07:01 PM
Both options that you mentioned would work wonderfully. I think they are one of the easiest plants to root. Althought there are some types of philodendrons that don't root as easily. Do you have a picture that you could post?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: how do I propagate philodendron? - January 18th, 2007 at 08:43 PM
My mom always had philodendron that lived in a pot of water. It was the cat's favorite. It roots beautifully in water.
Posted By: patches1414 Re: how do I propagate philodendron? - February 12th, 2007 at 07:57 AM
Linda,

I always trim my Philodendron when they start to get "leggy" and then stick what I've trimmed off in a jar of water. I've never had any problems with them rooting in water and they have always developed roots very quickly for me. wink
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]