A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper It doesn't look like the package - July 20th, 2005 at 09:53 PM
This came in a package that was suppose to be Dianthus 'rainbow loveliness'. It doesn't look at all like the picture on the package. Does anyone know what it is? Sorry the picture quality is so poor.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Triss Re: It doesn't look like the package - July 20th, 2005 at 11:16 PM
It almost looks like a day lily, but I just dont know. Very pretty.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: It doesn't look like the package - July 20th, 2005 at 11:51 PM
The bloom is really small maybe 1/2 inch at most. Do daylilies come that small? I bet this is one of my dim bulb questions. I ask a lot of them lol.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: It doesn't look like the package - July 21st, 2005 at 12:34 AM
No, blooms on daylilies are a few inches wide. May be 5 or 6". May be those are surprise lilies? I don't know if those come in colors other than pink though. Hmm looks like it's blooming the same way glads do - from the bottom up - and the bottom ones are already spent, or do I have it backwards? They're yellow/white right?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: It doesn't look like the package - July 21st, 2005 at 02:24 AM
They are kind of a beige yellow tan color. Very strange color. they are blooming from the top down I think. The top one was the only one to bloom so far anyway.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]