A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: kennyso can anyone help? - November 22nd, 2006 at 05:09 AM
I found this plant with these funny seed pods and was invited to pick some. Don't have the pics yet but will tonite. The pods look like pea pods and they are furry, literally furry! And they were along the stem of the plant, the plant had only one stem/stalk. The pods are silvery grayish
Posted By: netty Re: can anyone help? - November 22nd, 2006 at 05:37 AM
How big were the pods Kenny? Could it be the remains of a Lupin?
Posted By: kennyso Re: can anyone help? - November 22nd, 2006 at 06:00 AM
Don't think the seeds look like lupin seeds, I have some lupin seeds at home. They were about two inches or so 5 cm long
Posted By: kennyso Re: can anyone help? - November 22nd, 2006 at 09:35 AM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: faerywatcher Re: can anyone help? - November 22nd, 2006 at 02:06 PM
i don't know the "real" name, but could it be jack in the beanstalk?
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: can anyone help? - November 22nd, 2006 at 07:40 PM
That is what my wisteria beans looked like Kenny
What kind of plant did you get it from?? big small? was it twisted? the seeds don't look the same but it a bit blurry...
Posted By: weezie13 Re: can anyone help? - November 22nd, 2006 at 09:55 PM
To me they look like exactly like my Lupine seeds and pods, and mine twist like that when they seperate...
*and the seed pods form up the one stem too*

But, I have never Duh seen Wisteria beans, so they very well could be those...

What a great Mystery...

Definately got to plant these for us all Kenny and keep us posted, if we definately don't come up with a 110% identified plant source...

Hopefully some more gardeners' will come in and make either guess a confirmation..
Posted By: netty Re: can anyone help? - November 23rd, 2006 at 02:31 AM
They look like Lupin's to me too Kenny.
Posted By: kennyso Re: can anyone help? - November 23rd, 2006 at 08:27 AM
Ya, everyone was right, they're lupins! Papito sent me a very detailed link, I deleted the PM just now so I can't let everyone compare. Thanks Netty and Weezie, and everyone who chipped in!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: can anyone help? - November 23rd, 2006 at 09:21 AM
Thanks Kenny..

I want to add Lupines (for me, are one of the
most easiest plants to grow.. very carefree...
just lay the seed on top of the soil, either late fall, *right now if there's no snow, just scrape back fresh soil, and lay the seed right on top.. I don't even cover mine.. maybe a quick tap on top of soil to make contact with the soil/dirt..)
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]