A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: pumpie a different unidentified plant - December 1st, 2006 at 01:27 PM
A friend of mine has a plant that she can't identify. I have a camera and have had such great experiences with this site, so we're trying here.

The plant is just over 2 feet tall, and has a lot of very thick, shiny, healthy, green leaves. It's in a room with a west facing window, on the opposite side of the room. Here are a few pictures.
full plant
close up
single leaf

Thanks for any help!

amy
Posted By: margaret e. pell Re: a different unidentified plant - December 1st, 2006 at 10:31 PM
It's a fig! I don't know if there are different varieties.
Posted By: zuzu's petals Re: a different unidentified plant - December 2nd, 2006 at 12:52 AM
Ficus lyrata ("Fiddle-leaf Fig").
Posted By: pumpie Re: a different unidentified plant - December 2nd, 2006 at 04:46 AM
That's fantastic! It is distinctive looking, so it's not surprising you were able to figure it out so quickly. My friend is so happy to know, although it's a lot to find out that it may be 15m tall! thank you!

amy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: a different unidentified plant - December 2nd, 2006 at 07:41 AM
i was just looking at one of those last night!! didn't get it though as i don't have the right spot to put it in at the moment.

gorgeous tho!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]